Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Do you think the White House order the CIA to forge documents to promote their case for war in Iraq?
Yes 11 40.74%
No 11 40.74%
I don't know or not enough evidence yet. 5 18.52%
Voters: 27. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-08-2008, 01:31 PM

11,135 posts, read 14,190,876 times

Advertisements

In case you are living in a mason jar, this weeks latest scandal adding to the growing list is that the White House order the CIA to produce documents linking the Sept. 11th hijackers to Saddam Hussein.

So far the White House strongly denies this and as of yet, I have not seen a great deal of other evidence substantiating this, but I won't hold my breath either.

Question of the day... Do you think the White House did order the CIA to create such a document in order to help justify entering into a conflict with Iraq?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-08-2008, 03:48 PM

3,255 posts, read 5,079,296 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TnHilltopper View Post
In case you are living in a mason jar, this weeks latest scandal adding to the growing list is that the White House order the CIA to produce documents linking the Sept. 11th hijackers to Saddam Hussein.

So far the White House strongly denies this and as of yet, I have not seen a great deal of other evidence substantiating this, but I won't hold my breath either.

Question of the day... Do you think the White House did order the CIA to create such a document in order to help justify entering into a conflict with Iraq?
How can we know? These people can say the sky is orange and five hundred people will stand up and swear it so. Such a case of the emperor's new clothes we never did see, but who will be the one to finally show the emperor he is naked? Is this the one?

Old 08-08-2008, 06:14 PM

20,300 posts, read 22,217,585 times
Well many if not most of the documents were from the previous admin.
If they were forged why send sammy the burgler berger in to steal documents?

Old 08-08-2008, 10:02 PM

5,032 posts, read 12,608,578 times
Thumbs down Bush/Cheney=war criminals

Once the Bush regime is out of the White House [and good riddance] Americans will pursue the real truth of this administration & take criminal action against President Bush and the Dick Cheney.

Old 08-09-2008, 12:39 AM

799 posts, read 1,444,986 times
The truth is that our CIA screwed up pretty bad. They were being fed counter intel by the Iraqis and trusted flawed intel gathered from our "allies". The scarey thing about Iraq was the fact that we had an invasion plan before Bush was elected. Bush decided to throw that plan out the window and attack Sadaam directly but we hit a fake target. Our CIA paid a lot of money for all that bad info. I don't understand why everyone is mad at Bush and the administration but no one is mad at the CIA. Bush will be gone next year but the same CIA will be there. That scares me.

Old 08-09-2008, 10:29 AM

Well there seems to be some more information slowly being squeezed out.

According to some transcripts from a conversation by a Central Intelligence Agency's former Deputy Chief of Clandestine Operations Robert Richer, the directive may point to Dick Cheney's pet operational group, the Office of Special Plans. You folks remember the OSP, that group of people under Dick Cheney and Scooter Libby that was headed up by one of America's top neoconservative attack dogs, Douglas Feith.

Boy, imagine for a moment that the Vice President of the United States ordered a forged document to take this country to war... my oh my, lets all be thankful that Nancy the spineless Pelosi said impeachment was off the table huh.

If true, I wonder what these people will for an encore, invade Russia?

Tape: Top CIA official confesses order to forge Iraq-9/11 letter came on White House stationery

The Raw Story | Tape: Top CIA official confesses order to forge Iraq-9/11 letter came on White House stationery

Quote:
A forged letter linking Saddam Hussein to the Sept. 11, 2001 attacks was ordered on White House stationery and probably came from the office of Vice President Dick Cheney, according to a new transcript of a conversation with the Central Intelligence Agency's former Deputy Chief of Clandestine Operations Robert Richer.

Old 08-09-2008, 10:44 AM

12,406 posts, read 18,969,250 times
Remember, they ordered their people to blame the anthrax scare on Iraq as well. Could there be a pattern here?

Old 08-09-2008, 10:51 AM

23,864 posts, read 24,105,148 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Majordomo View Post
The scarey thing about Iraq was the fact that we had an invasion plan before Bush was elected.
Why is that scary? We should have plans such as this. There's a lot of people in the Pentagon employed specifically to create these plans, and I'm very glad for it. We have plans drawn up for invading Canada, England and El Salvador. Remember the movie "WarGames"? The WOPR computer may not exist, but the job it did is very real. One of the few things our government does that it's actually supposed to do is make plans for any possible contingency that could threaten the country. That's their job.

Old 08-09-2008, 02:02 PM

12,406 posts, read 18,969,250 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by swagger View Post
Why is that scary? We should have plans such as this. There's a lot of people in the Pentagon employed specifically to create these plans, and I'm very glad for it. We have plans drawn up for invading Canada, England and El Salvador. Remember the movie "WarGames"? The WOPR computer may not exist, but the job it did is very real. One of the few things our government does that it's actually supposed to do is make plans for any possible contingency that could threaten the country. That's their job.
No. The plans were those of Bush. This was not a Pentagon war game plan. As a matter of fact, Bush ignored a great deal of info from his generals when he invaded Iraq. Many of them found him so dangerous that they wanted no association with him and how he was conducting the war. They quit. He fired many for not agreeing with him.
The scary part is that this president said he preferred to be a dictator and very much acts like one. The man is not an American, and McClone said he'd follow right in Bush's shoes.
I hope we won't be fooled again.

Old 08-10-2008, 07:59 AM

Well I certainly hope the United States has a plan in case of attack or seditious acts by Mary Poppins or even the Mr. Rogers fan club gone crazy. In fact there are probably plans to invade, attack, defend against a great number of places, people, groups that if known publicly would probably offend someone but, planning for a contingency and manipulating, distorting and outright fabricating a case to enter into war with another country is simply going too far.

While my faith in my government may be at an all time low, I do still think American's as a people would rather take the high road in more cases than not. This whole affair has stunk of Turkish fish market in August and has been a further regress into dishonorable executive started by Bill Clinton. It will be a great day when this administration has passed into history and maybe we'll get lucky and Pelosi will end up taken out with the rest of the trash for her brilliant, "roll over and play dead" method of leading Congress.

Also, it blows my mind that the leadership of the most powerful nation on earth appears to have fabricated evidence to go to war in which thousands of innocents and military personnel alike have perished at the cost of trillions of dollars and it barely raises an eyebrow... Now I know how the German people were able to get behind a madman so many years ago, they were a combination of apathetic gutless cowards and immoral blood thirsty savages who believed in the delusion that they were superior to the rest of humanity.

Last edited by TnHilltopper; 08-10-2008 at 08:09 AM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies