Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-27-2007, 07:31 AM

146 posts, read 571,278 times

Advertisements

Are the whites really trying to oppress negroes? Do whites really think they're better than blacks? So many of the threads on this forum seem to accept this premise as true, but is there really such rampant racism by whites?

With the exception of a few new stories about white against black racial crime, I've never seen seen white racism.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-27-2007, 07:51 AM

178 posts, read 415,638 times
I copied and pasted this, and I am going to post it at the bottom of all my posts from now on!
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Watch out for the main stream media now. They will start having pity parties for the minorty races, because the government, and their rich contributors know the common citizen has had it! We want our country back! You will see more and more of this as it gets closer to the 2008 election. The media/government wants American citizens to turn against their fellow citizens, who are against amnesty, and for legal immigration only.

Last edited by BerryPie; 01-27-2007 at 08:52 AM.. Reason: added someting

Old 01-27-2007, 09:05 AM

702 posts, read 2,521,202 times
White people aren't racist, but you are (whatever color you might be). The posts in this thread are dripping with hate. Anyone who isn't totally brain dead can see it. Denying the facts don't make them untrue...it's right there in black and white...

Old 01-27-2007, 09:11 AM

178 posts, read 415,638 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sprtsluvr8 View Post
White people aren't racist, but you are (whatever color you might be). The posts in this thread are dripping with hate. Anyone who isn't totally brain dead can see it. Denying the facts don't make them untrue...it's right there in black and white...
If you are saying I am a racist, because I say our country is in chaos while illegal aliens are running amuck, and that it is "okay" to talk about whites, who have been beaten up by other races, because they are white, then maybe YOU should look in the mirror.

Last edited by BerryPie; 01-27-2007 at 09:13 AM.. Reason: corrected wording

Old 01-27-2007, 09:14 AM

19 posts, read 59,588 times
Default Racism

It all boils down to insecurity and the mask we hide behind. When I married my Hispanic husband and his family ex-communicated us-I thought it was because I wasn't Hispanic. Later I realized that the bottom line was jealousy and insecurity on their part. They were ALL FAT and I wasn't after having (then 9 children). They were miserable in their own lives and wanted to make ours miserable- because we were smiling a LOT and happy. Over the years I have watched racial abuse.

My dad was a terrible racist (he is/was white) and tried to make me one when I was young.. What drove his attitude was insecurity in his own self. I know this because I saw him treat other whites badly also-except then, since he didn't have a racial connection to blame-he used their lack of money, social status, age, etc...

Finding fault is a natural tendency of the deprived, empty and irritated heart.

Old 01-27-2007, 09:18 AM

702 posts, read 2,521,202 times
I'm gonna move on from this "discussion". I don't have the desire or the patience to try and convince this type of person of anything. Your posts are loud, hateful, and small minded and are overtly racist...go to another thread away from your few contemporaries and spew your hate, see what kinids of responses you get. You are a very small minority with a big mouth...and I don't have time to work with such a lost cause. But I'll pray for you...

Old 01-27-2007, 09:25 AM

Location: Unlike most on CD, I'm not afraid to give my location: Milwaukee, WI.
1,778 posts, read 4,129,791 times
Default Racist country ??

If this is really a country full of white racists, someone explain to me how it is we have Martin Luther King Day, affirmative action, Black Entertainment television network, Miss Black USA contests, numerous rich black sports stars and entertainers, over-representation of minorities in advertising, and an unrelenting amount of non-white immigration into America.
These hardly sound like the traits of a "racist" country. There is very little true racism by whites in America.
People will claim that many whites are racist because they choose to live in mostly white areas, or send their kids to mostly white schools. This has nothing to do with skin color, and everything to so with safety and good education (in other words, avoiding the bad behavior and problems that are prevalent in most non-white areas).

Old 01-27-2007, 09:27 AM

1,608 posts, read 9,729,596 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrkool View Post
If this is really a country full of white racists, someone explain to me how it is we have Martin Luther King Day, affirmative action, Black Entertainment television network, Miss Black USA contests, numerous rich black sports stars and entertainers, over-representation of minorities in advertising, and an unrelenting amount of non-white immigration into America.
These hardly sound like the traits of a "racist" country. There is very little true racism by whites in America.
People will claim that many whites are racist because they choose to live in mostly white areas, or send their kids to mostly white schools. This has nothing to do with skin color, and everything to so with safety and good education (in other words, avoiding the bad behavior and problems that are prevalent in most non-white areas).
This has to be one of THE best posts I have seen the entire time I've been reading these message boards. Well done. I couldn't agree more!!

Old 01-27-2007, 09:30 AM

753 posts, read 755,476 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrkool View Post
It's a country that celebrates Martin Luther King Day, and it's also a country where a black man can get dragged to death on a Texas country road.

It's a big country, filled with lots of great people and lots of scumbags of every shape & shade. Like most everywhere else.

Old 01-27-2007, 09:32 AM

13,562 posts, read 21,329,655 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sprtsluvr8 View Post

What time is the Jesus Hoedown tonight?
people that use to go to church regularly or talk to me about Jesus,I use to call them a "Jesus freak".Then one day when I was troubled,at the end of my wits I got down on my knees and opened myself and asked for help,no bolts of lightning or flashes of white light after that but my life got better.I constantly struggle to keep the faith.What I know for sure is its about love,for others and respect for life no matter who they are.So please,not believing is fine but understand that having a Jesus "hoedown"....can actually be good if you want it.Actually blacks and spainish tend to believe in Jesus too.

Political correctness as far as those breaking the law regarding immigration is a danger to society though,while people can have their own cultural histories there must be a certain guideline for assimulating into American culture also,otherwise this country will be seriously divided at the deepest levels.

At some point as far as racism,I've seen every possible ethnic background show it.With political correctness,it can also be used as a tool for hushing disagreement sometimes.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies