Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-10-2008, 05:10 PM

25,100 posts, read 39,246,649 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by wclac View Post
People should never teach these things to hunt at a young age. You never know what might affect their mind.
At what age do you feel it would be appropriate to teach someone how to hunt?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-10-2008, 05:11 PM

5,408 posts, read 12,661,015 times
well the hunting you do is cowardly. thats my opinion. i aint forcing anyoneto beleive that. to me, if you are going to kill an animal for sport, do it like a true warrior. dont use a gun from a distance. you go thru all the trouble prepping and trackin and then you sit back and what till it is in clear view. sounds like a stalker/sniper. i dont think that resaoning is silly. you say so, so obviously you think its silly, but it makes sense. and anyone who seeks knowledge can never be ignorant. im just lookin for answers. besides how do you know how vast or limited my knowledge is on the subject? because i dont agree wit hyou. i automatically am ignorant? what makes you beleive im ignorant (aside from "becasue in this instance you are"). dont know why everyone gets all heated when someone offers their opinion. we all have the right to give out our opinion and disagree, regardless of our own beliefs. just tryin to engage in intellegent discourse is all. so tell me what kind of "hunter" are you?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tin Knocker View Post
Maybe dictator was the wrong word. I did not mean you could actually control me, I mean you dictate what hunters are & why they hunt without being open to the opinions of others who might just know what they are talking about.
In some few instances hunting can be like a sniper but thats not the norm in my experience. Maybe shooting prarie dogs. Deer or other big game is usually quite different & even if you could whack a deer from across a canyon it behooves you to get as close as you can.
I only say you are silly & ignorant because its true in this instance. Youre silly saying hunting is cowardly & you're ignorant because you dont have knowledge of the subject yet feel you have a right to an opinion that should be respected.

I'v already explained that practice is practice & takes place before a responsible person hunts. I dont practice on deer, but I kill them regularly when I shoot one because I practice in the off season.

Old 08-10-2008, 05:12 PM

1,875 posts, read 2,868,413 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by greatday View Post
at what age do you feel it would be appropriate to teach someone how to hunt?

Old 08-10-2008, 05:16 PM

Quote:
Interesting.

Those parents who take their children hunting, or fishing, at age, say 7 / 8 /9 - do you consider them bad parents?

Or, how about kids 9 / 10 and older who learn how to fire a rifle or other weapon - should this be banned as well?

And, I'm curious; why 21? One can enter the military at 18 ....

Old 08-10-2008, 05:17 PM

5,408 posts, read 12,661,015 times
not trying to teach my kids how to be cowardly. so i wouldnt teach them to hunt animals with guns.

but i think they can handle a gun when they have hair on their nuts.
once they are about 12/13.
younger than that i dont think they would be quite able to understand the responsibility of it all.

i remeber my uncle tellin me guns were like your willy, you have to be careful were you shoot. it can be potentially life altering. i have never forgot this.

at puberty you start understanding the real consequences of your actions. it would be no different with guns. it would be no different with sex or driving or drugs or whatever. if only other young men knew this.

so much careless gun play in the streets.
so much careless bed play in the streets.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greatday View Post
At what age do you feel it would be appropriate to teach someone how to hunt?

Old 08-10-2008, 05:21 PM

13,601 posts, read 21,385,992 times
using a firearm is not cowardly.Watch your reasoning,because there is someone else that will call you a coward for using a bow& arrow and not using your bare hands.

To those that don't shoot,there is alot more involved that just pointing a gun,it is a skill that must be learned like anything else,and hunting even with a firearm is not always easy.

Old 08-10-2008, 05:22 PM

Because at 18 orunder, they might turn into thugs and may do the unthinkable.
Quote:
Interesting.

Those parents who take their children hunting, or fishing, at age, say 7 / 8 /9 - do you consider them bad parents?

Or, how about kids 9 / 10 and older who learn how to fire a rifle or other weapon - should this be banned as well?

And, I'm curious; why 21? One can enter the military at 18 ....

Old 08-10-2008, 05:27 PM

Quote:
Because at 18 orunder, they might turn into thugs and may do the unthinkable.
Can you provide some sort of articles or other evidence to support your assertion that teaching kids how to hunt and/or fish mith "turn into thugs and may do the unthinkable"?

Do you have any data - any at all - to back up your statement?

Old 08-10-2008, 05:31 PM

11,466 posts, read 19,345,447 times
At least here I don't believe the hunting regulations allow you to hunt with a spear, axe or knife at least not deer.

Old 08-10-2008, 05:32 PM

No, this is my opinion. I see nothing positive about children.
Quote:
Can you provide some sort of articles or other evidence to support your assertion that teaching kids how to hunt and/or fish mith "turn into thugs and may do the unthinkable"?

Do you have any data - any at all - to back up your statement?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies