Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-16-2011, 10:13 AM

371 posts, read 393,311 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by reconmark View Post
Due to the Olympics,The Government of China has stated that Blacks and Mongolians will not be served alcohol in any bar or club, stating it as "safety reasons".
It dosen't matter what country the black comes from they are not to be served.
I told this to a friend from Africa and he thought I had to be lieing, he thought no country or people would ever be this blatantly racist in this period in history.
I also told him that much of their perception of us was introduced by American media.
Can someone please rationalize this for me, I'm trying not to be bitter, but it seems that as a black man there's just no chance of being seen as a true human being no matter where we live or visit.

LiveLeak.com - China Forbids Bars To Serve Black People Alcohol

CHINA Beijing 2008: bars forbidden to serve "blacks" and Mongolians, outdoor tables banned - Asia News

Beijing police round up and beat African expats | World news | The Guardian

Just more evidence as to how China will leap ahead of Western countries in the future.

There are problems with black people everywhere they exist. While western countries are too PC to talk about it, many Asian countries aren't. They recognize diversity, and how it is both positive and negative. They also acknowledge that due to diversity there can never be true equality, so instead of trying to holdback some people so that others can appear to succeed, they just acknowledge the problems and move on.

I fully support countries that use trends to acknowledge and solve problems.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-16-2011, 10:15 AM

1,011 posts, read 1,016,776 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by randy8876 View Post
Just more evidence as to how China will leap ahead of Western countries in the future.

There are problems with black people everywhere they exist. While western countries are too PC to talk about it, many Asian countries aren't. They recognize diversity, and how it is both positive and negative. They also acknowledge that due to diversity there can never be true equality, so instead of trying to holdback some people so that others can appear to succeed, they just acknowledge the problems and move on.

I fully support countries that use trends to acknowledge and solve problems.

Um, the Chinese are the last people to tell others how they can't hold their drinks down...

Old 02-16-2011, 01:27 PM

56,988 posts, read 35,198,461 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KoobleKar View Post
REALLY?

You say you see more racist Whites than you do racist Chinese. Then you admit you know very few Chinese people as compared to Whites.

But I AM THE ONE being unfair???

Okie Dokie......
Yea, but i admitted that my own personal poll is skewed. However, that's no fault of my own. I can't control where i was born and raised. I can only speak on what i've experienced.

Seems to me that you're saying that i should have more magnanimity towards white racism because i have to deal with more white people than i do Chinese people. LOL....and of course, the answer is a resounding NO! I'm not going to put up with it anymore than i ever did simply because in your book, the Chinese are much WORSE!! That's ridiculous.

As for my accusations of you being unfair, maybe you have a point.

Old 02-16-2011, 01:28 PM

56,988 posts, read 35,198,461 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wellyouknow View Post
But the OP of this thread proves that Chinese are racists against blacks (not only blacks )

Can you imagine the ****storm if a business in the US refused to serve alcohol to blacks specifically this openly? Let alone the US government telling business to exclude blacks from being served alcohol?

Or do you like to be abused by Chinese specifically?
Not really. It's just that i don't hold any particular grudge against the Chinese and i'm willing to judge them on an individual basis....not by the actions of their government.

Old 02-16-2011, 01:39 PM

42,732 posts, read 29,878,374 times
Just have to say, this story was debunked in 2008.

More on the Beijing bar ban confusion - Shanghaiist

The Chinese bars did, indeed, serve alcohol to persons of African and also people of Mongolian descent.

Old 02-16-2011, 01:45 PM

3,135 posts, read 3,781,308 times
My wife was in China in Dec on a school trip. She visited three companies and was told by all three(construction and electronic fields) that they would not hire blacks for safety reasons. It was quite a shock and a revelation to her and to her school.

Old 02-16-2011, 01:50 PM

78,863 posts, read 46,624,265 times
Don't worry.

There will be many, many real humans around to help those discriminated, to get around their misguided and ignorant view of things called, life in China.

Old 02-16-2011, 02:54 PM

24,620 posts, read 28,282,339 times
Yet they served Bush and he was drunk as a skunk.

Go figure

Old 02-16-2011, 06:19 PM

3,085 posts, read 5,239,673 times
Bars and clubs discriminate against blacks here in the states regularly, albeit in a much less overt fashion (usually through selective 'dress code' policies and so forth). I don't really see why it would be any different in China, where there is probably little to no overall social incentive for political correctness vis-a-vis blacks anyway.

Old 02-16-2011, 06:22 PM

30,065 posts, read 18,665,937 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by reconmark View Post
Due to the Olympics,The Government of China has stated that Blacks and Mongolians will not be served alcohol in any bar or club, stating it as "safety reasons".
It dosen't matter what country the black comes from they are not to be served.
I told this to a friend from Africa and he thought I had to be lieing, he thought no country or people would ever be this blatantly racist in this period in history.
I also told him that much of their perception of us was introduced by American media.
Can someone please rationalize this for me, I'm trying not to be bitter, but it seems that as a black man there's just no chance of being seen as a true human being no matter where we live or visit.

LiveLeak.com - China Forbids Bars To Serve Black People Alcohol

CHINA Beijing 2008: bars forbidden to serve "blacks" and Mongolians, outdoor tables banned - Asia News

Beijing police round up and beat African expats | World news | The Guardian
What about the Irish?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies