Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-09-2008, 09:01 PM

8,577 posts, read 7,848,172 times

Advertisements

what are some of your favorites. I will start it out with a comical rendition by our friend george bush. it can be funny, or serious, you decide.

YouTube - George W. Bush at his best : Fool me once....
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-09-2008, 09:06 PM

54 posts, read 156,071 times
The Ten Commandments contain 297 words. The Bill of Rights is stated in 463 words. Lincoln's Gettysburg Address contains 266 words. A recent federal directive to regulate the price of cabbage contains 26,911 words. – The Atlanta Journal

Old 08-09-2008, 09:11 PM

I feel ya.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Low Life View Post
The Ten Commandments contain 297 words. The Bill of Rights is stated in 463 words. Lincoln's Gettysburg Address contains 266 words. A recent federal directive to regulate the price of cabbage contains 26,911 words. – The Atlanta Journal

Old 08-09-2008, 09:36 PM

19,198 posts, read 31,470,227 times
There have been millions of words written about the Ten Commandments. There have been millions of words written about the Bill of Rights. There have been millions of words written about the US Civil War, The price of cabbage is actually lagging way behind...

Old 08-09-2008, 09:49 PM

564 posts, read 892,407 times
Woodrow Wilson signed into effect the Federal Reserve Act on December 23, 1913. And said the following just six years later.
“I am a most unhappy man. I have unwittingly ruined my country. A great industrial nation is now controlled by its system of credit.We are no longer a government by free opinion, no longer a government by conviction and the vote of the majority, but a government by the opinion and duress of a small group of dominant men.”
- Woodrow Wilson 1919

He realized what he did 6 years later, I believe him to be the worst president ever for it.

Old 08-09-2008, 09:58 PM

20,187 posts, read 23,849,411 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by saganista View Post
There have been millions of words written about the Ten Commandments. There have been millions of words written about the Bill of Rights. There have been millions of words written about the US Civil War, The price of cabbage is actually lagging way behind...
Thats because there is a lead time bias, give it time and cabbage will beat all of them combined...

Old 08-09-2008, 09:59 PM

you get positive points from me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by doubbltunman View Post
Woodrow Wilson signed into effect the Federal Reserve Act on December 23, 1913. And said the following just six years later.
“I am a most unhappy man. I have unwittingly ruined my country. A great industrial nation is now controlled by its system of credit.We are no longer a government by free opinion, no longer a government by conviction and the vote of the majority, but a government by the opinion and duress of a small group of dominant men.”
- Woodrow Wilson 1919

He realized what he did 6 years later, I believe him to be the worst president ever for it.

Old 08-09-2008, 10:00 PM

20,187 posts, read 23,849,411 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by doubbltunman View Post
- Woodrow Wilson 1919

I wouldn't say he was the worse, because I would saying "knowing" the problem and not doing anything to fix it is worse... which would mean every president thereafter are the "worse" presidents ever... that would include Obama/McCain if they don't fix it either...

Old 08-09-2008, 10:02 PM

564 posts, read 892,407 times
Permit me to issue and control the money of the nation and I care not who makes its laws. — Mayer Amsched Rothchild, a prominent European banker in the eighteenth century
If the American people ever allow the banks to control issuance of their currency, first by inflation and then by deflation, the banks and corporations that grow up around them will deprive the people of all property until their children will wake up homeless on the continent their fathers occupied. — Thomas Jefferson
I believe that banking institutions are more dangerous to our liberties than standing armies. — Thomas Jefferson
The One World Government leaders and their ever close bankers have now acquired full control of the money and credit machinery of the U.S. via the creation of the privately owned Federal Reserve Bank. — Curtis Dall (Franklin D. Roosevelt’s son-in-law), My Exploited Father-in-Law
Since I entered politics, I have chiefly had men’s views confided to me privately. Some of the biggest men in the United States, in the Field of commerce and manufacture, are afraid of something. They know that there is a power somewhere so organized, so subtle, so watchful, so interlocked, so complete, so pervasive, that they better not speak above their breath when they speak in condemnation of it. — President Woodrow Wilson, 1913
This Federal Reserve Act establishes the most gigantic trust on earth. When the President (Wilson) signs this bill the invisible government of the Monetary Power will be legalized. — Hon. Charles A. Lindbergh, Sr., Dec. 23, 1913
We have come to be one of the worst ruled, one of the most completely controlled and dominated governments in the civilized world. We are no longer a government by free opinion, no longer a government by conviction and the vote of the majority, but a government by the opinion and duress of a small group of dominate men. I have unwittingly betrayed my country. — President Woodrow Wilson, 1916
In March, 1915, the J.P. Morgan interests, the steel, shipbuilding, and powder interest, and their subsidiary organizations, got together 12 men high up in the newspaper world and employed them to select the most influential newspapers in the United States and sufficient number of them to control generally the policy of the daily press... They found it was only necessary to purchase the control of 25 of the greatest papers... An agreement was reached; the policy of the papers was bought, to be paid for by the month; an editor was furnished for each paper to properly supervise and edit information regarding the questions of preparedness, militarism, financial policies, and other things of national and international nature considered vital to the interests of the purchasers. — U.S. Congressman Oscar Callaway, 1917
The real menace of our republic is this invisible government which like a giant octopus sprawls its slimy length over city, state and nation. Like the octopus of real life, it operates under cover of a self created screen... At the head of this octopus are the Rockefeller Standard Oil interests and a small group of powerful banking houses generally referred to as international bankers. The little coterie of powerful international bankers virtually run the United States government for their own selfish purposes. They practically control both political parties. — New York City Mayor John F. Hylan, 1922
From the days of Sparticus, Wieskhopf, Karl Marx, Trotsky, Rosa Luxemberg, and Emma Goldman, this world conspiracy has been steadily growing. This conspiracy played a definite recognizable role in the tragedy of the French revolution. It has been the mainspring of every subversive movement during the 19th century. And now at last this band of extraordinary personalities from the underworld of the great cities of Europe and America have gripped the Russian people by the hair of their head and have become the undisputed masters of that enormous empire. — Winston Churchill, l922.
We are at present working discreetly with all our might to wrest this mysterious force called sovereignty out of the clutches of the local nation states of the world. — Professor Arnold Toynbee, l931 Institute for the Study of International Affairs.
For a long time I felt that FDR had developed many thoughts and ideas that were his own to benefit this country, the United States. But, he didn’t. Most of his thoughts, his political ammunition, as it were, were carefully manufactured for him in advanced by the Council on Foreign Relations One World Money group. Brilliantly, with great gusto, like a fine piece of artillery, he exploded that prepared "ammunition" in the middle of an unsuspecting target, the American people, and thus paid off and returned his internationalist political support...
The UN is but a long range, international banking apparatus nearly set up for financial and economic profit by a small group of powerful One World Revolutionaries, hungry for profit and power... The depression was the calculated ’shearing’ of the public by the World Money powers, triggered by the planned sudden shortage of supply of call money in the New York money market... The One World Government leaders and their ever close bankers have now acquired full control of the money and credit machinery of the U.S. via the creation of the privately owned Federal Reserve Bank. — Curtis Dall, from My Exploited Father-in-Law
The real truth of the matter is, as you and I know, that a financial element in the larger centers has owned the Government ever since the days of Andrew Jackson. — letter to Colonel House by Franklin D. Roosevelt, November 21st, l933
Fifty men have run America, and that’s a high figure." — Joseph Kennedy, July 26th, l936 New York Times.
We shall have world government whether or not you like it by conquest or consent. — James Warburg member Council on Foreign Relations speaking before Senate Foreign Relations Committee on February 17th, l950
The real rulers in Washington are invisible, and exercise power from behind the scenes. — Supreme Court Justice Felix Frankfurter, 1952
Today the path of total dictatorship in the United States can be laid by strictly legal means, unseen and unheard by the Congress, the President, or the people. Outwardly we have a Constitutional government. We have operating within our government and political system, another body representing another form of government a bureaucratic elite. — Senator William Jenner, 1954
The most powerful clique in these (CFR) groups have one objective in common they want to bring about the surrender of the sovereignty and the national independence of the U.S. They want to end national boundaries and racial and ethnic loyalties supposedly to increase business and ensure world peace. What they strive for would inevitably lead to dictatorship and loss of freedoms by the people. The CFR was founded for “the purpose of promoting disarmament and submergence of U.S. sovereignty and national independence into an all powerful one world government.” — Harpers magazine, l958
The case for government by elites is irrefutable. — Senator William Fulbright, Former chairman of the US Senate Foreign Relations Committee, 1963
The Trilateral Commission is intended to be the vehicle for multinational consolidation of the commercial and banking interests by seizing control of the political government of the United States. The Trilateral Commission represents a skillful, coordinated effort to seize control and consolidate the four centers of power political, monetary, intellectual and ecclesiastical. What the Trilateral Commission intends is to create a worldwide economic power superior to the political governments of the nation states involved. As managers and creators of the system they will rule the future. — Senator Barry Goldwater l964 from his book: With No Apologies
The powers of financial capitalism had another far reaching aim, nothing less than to create a world system of financial control in private hands able to dominate the political system of each country and the economy of the world as a whole. This system was to be controlled in a feudalist fashion by the central banks of the world acting in concert, by secret agreements, arrived at in frequent private meetings and conferences. The apex of the system was the Bank for International Settlements in Basle, Switzerland; a private bank owned and controlled by the worlds’ central banks, which were themselves, private corporations. The growth of financial capitalism made possible a centralization of world economic control and use of this power for the direct benefit of financiers and the indirect injury of all other economic groups. — Tragedy and Hope: A History of The World in Our Time 1966, Professor Carroll Quigley, Georgetown University.
The Council on Foreign Relations is “the establishment.” Not only does it have influence and power in key decision making positions at the highest levels of government to apply pressure from above, but it also announces and uses individuals and groups to bring pressure from below, to justify the high level decisions for converting the U.S. from a sovereign Constitutional Republic into a servile member state of a one world dictatorship. — Congressman John Rarick 1971
The New World Order will have to be built from the bottom up rather than from the top down... but in the end run around national sovereignty, eroding it piece by piece will accomplish much more than the old fashioned frontal assault. — Council on Foreign Relations member Richard Gardner, l974
The drive of the Rockefellers and their allies is to create a one-world government combining super capitalism and Communism under the same tent; all under their control... Do I mean conspiracy? Yes I do. I am convinced there is such a plot, international in scope, generations old in planning, and incredibly evil in intent. — Congressman Larry P. McDonald, 1976
I never thought the Federal Reserve System would prove such a failure. The country is in a state of irretrievable bankruptcy. — Senator Carter Glass 1983
We are grateful to The Washington Post, The New York Times, Time Magazine and other great publications whose directors have attended our meetings and respected their promises of discretion for almost forty years. It would have been impossible for us to develop our plan for the world if we had been subject to the bright lights of publicity during those years. But, the work is now much more sophisticated and prepared to march towards a world government. The supranational sovereignty of an intellectual elite and world bankers is surely preferable to the national auto-determination practiced in past centuries. — David Rockefeller, founder of the Trilateral Commission, address to The Trilateral Commission, June, 1991.
In the next century, nations as we know it will be obsolete; all states will recognize a single, global authority. National sovereignty wasn’t such a great idea after all. — Strobe Talbott, Clinton’s Deputy Secretary of State, Time Magazine, July 20th, l992.
Robert B. Reich, former Secretary of the Treasury in the Clinton Administration, made these statements as reported in USA Today, January 7, 1999:
The dirty little secret is that both houses of Congress have become increasingly irrelevant... In case you hadn’t noticed, America’s domestic policy is now being run by Alan Greenspan and the Federal Reserve Board. Their decisions about interest rates are determining how many of us have jobs and how many of us get a raise.
When the Fed’s Open Market Committee decides to lower the rates, unemployment drops and wages rise. When they raise rates, it’s just the opposite. When they decide to hold rates steady, as they did last week, the economy continues to move in whatever direction it was already going...
Congress is out of the loop...
America’s foreign policy, mean while, is now being run by the International Monetary Fund (IMF), with some coaching from the Treasury Department...
Here, too, Congress has become irrelevant. Some senators and House members fussed a bit when the administration asked for tens of billions of additional dollars for the IMF. But in the end, the elected representatives came through...
And when the president decides to go to war, he no longer needs a declaration of war from Congress. He just calls up a few generals, phones Tony Blair in Britain and sends in the bombers.
Have you seen a single congressional hearing or congressional debate on the U.S.-Iraqi war?
If the above quotes do not convince you of your awful situation just take a look at the very notes you carry in your pockets.
On the series 1928 Federal Reserve Note it said that the note was: Redeemable in gold on demand at the United States Treasury or in gold or lawful money at any Federal Reserve Bank.
On the series 1934 Federal Reserve Note it said: This note is legal tender for all debts public and private and is redeemable in lawful money at the United States Treasury or at any Federal Reserve Bank.
On the series 1963 Federal Reserve Note and through to today it says: This note is legal tender for all debts, public and private.
Freedom—is the absence of the awareness of restraint. — David Rockefeller
No one’s safe when freedom fails,
and good men rot in filthy jails,
and those who cried appease, appease,
are hung by those they tried to please.
—Author unknown

Old 08-09-2008, 10:08 PM

658 posts, read 830,733 times
Willy, the liar, cheater and swooner of progressive white women:

"It depends on what the meaning of is is."
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies