Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-28-2007, 12:40 PM

603 posts, read 1,990,742 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by FistFightingHairdresser View Post
Wow, cameras focused on street intersections and it's Big Brother, but someone listens to your phonecalls and it's no big deal?

Wow.
Yes, he has to have a court order , meaning there needs to be probable cause. I'm not worried about that. Watching me 24/7 is a little more disturbing since I spend maybe 1/24 of my day on the phone versus being in public. Where's the probably cause when you're minding your own business walking down the street?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-28-2007, 12:47 PM

753 posts, read 755,169 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kdizzle View Post
Yes, he has to have a court order , meaning there needs to be probable cause. I'm not worried about that. Watching me 24/7 is a little more disturbing since I spend maybe 1/24 of my day on the phone versus being in public. Where's the probably cause when you're minding your own business walking down the street?
So the government needs probable cause to observe your actions in public? Does a policeman need probable cause to look at you?

Old 01-28-2007, 03:30 PM

1,251 posts, read 2,570,325 times
You can thank them for the number zero

Old 01-28-2007, 03:50 PM

10,203 posts, read 27,061,093 times
I wrote this really thoughtful post that got caught between the Fistfigher and kdizzle - I nearly got throttled!

but for all that, I don't understand bigchuckie's post--at all!

Old 01-28-2007, 04:17 PM

9,725 posts, read 15,121,314 times
Los Angeles is loaded with Muslims since we have the largest Iranian population outside of Iran. Many of them live in Beverly Hills which is considered a pretty safe place to live. A lot of Jews live in Beverly Hills too.

For some reason, I don't see a lot of fighting breaking out in the USA based on religion... At least not right around here.

Old 01-28-2007, 04:35 PM

603 posts, read 1,990,742 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by UB50 View Post
Los Angeles is loaded with Muslims since we have the largest Iranian population outside of Iran. Many of them live in Beverly Hills which is considered a pretty safe place to live. A lot of Jews live in Beverly Hills too.

For some reason, I don't see a lot of fighting breaking out in the USA based on religion... At least not right around here.
Well, I understand what you're saying, but out here in Michigan, Arabic is the second most commonly spoken language. That is the truth. A lot of refugees from the Gulf War came out here and you may have seen some of them celebrating on TV when Saddam was overthrown in 2003. The point of my earlier post was that we need to take a lesson from the Europeans, because they are having tremendous difficulty assimilating massive muslim populations that have no desire to become Westernized and that there is a small percentage that is radical. When you are talking a small percentage of millions of people, we are talking in the tens of thousands. I was pointing out the fact that they are risking life and limb by allowing thousands of muslims to immigrate there every year from states that have hostile populations to the West (pakistan, etc). Small enclaves of muslims in the US has never reached those levels.

Old 01-28-2007, 04:36 PM

6 posts, read 14,201 times
Why does Europe continue to allow millions of Muslims in if it all it does is cause social unrest through increases in crime, rape, and terrorist attacks?

Why is it being pushed on them? Is it the same people pushing illegal immigration/third world flood on Americans?

I can't imagine there is much of a benefit from what I've read. You want to cause unrest and racism? Continue to import people who engadge in large amounts of crime, rape, social spending, and other ills disproportional to their population.

If war happens in the Middle East it will most likely be because of Israel. I haven't seen Iran threaten Israel and the Israeli lobby keeps screaming for us to fight another war for Israel like they did for Iraq. I, for one, will not die for Israel. If Israel would stop their warcrimes in Palestine most of this could be over with. The UN needs to grow some balls and put sanctions on Israel, there are already DOZENS of UN resolutions against Israel but the USA vetos anything that is dare a detriment to the United States' overlord.

Old 01-28-2007, 05:18 PM

1,394 posts, read 2,764,605 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by milliebfit View Post
I truly believe this! Why is it the most people do not get this??

I think it is just the liberals that don't get it . They are to busy hugging trees.

Old 01-28-2007, 05:39 PM

2,815 posts, read 12,962,040 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by texanborn View Post
I think it is just the liberals that don't get it . They are to busy hugging trees.
I'm a political moderate who votes for whom I choose based on the issues, not party...but.... for tree hugging..
I recommend hickory as it's a satisfying hug. Avoid hugging pines because the sap is icky.

Old 01-28-2007, 05:58 PM

6,762 posts, read 11,597,243 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nekuda View Post
tnbound2day
grow up, change your diaper, hey do you need Bush to wipe you BUTT ALSO
Nice, grown up response. BTW, my response is Bush's fault.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies