U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-28-2007, 07:02 PM

10,189 posts, read 24,491,219 times

Advertisements

I hung maples whenever I can, but prefer oaks

Now, what is the definition of liberal and why are they getting a bad name?

Quote:
Originally Posted by MoMark View Post
I'm a political moderate who votes for whom I choose based on the issues, not party...but.... for tree hugging..
I recommend hickory as it's a satisfying hug. Avoid hugging pines because the sap is icky.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-29-2007, 12:39 AM

752 posts, read 595,323 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ontheroad View Post
I wrote this really thoughtful post that got caught between the Fistfigher and kdizzle - I nearly got throttled!
Sorry bout that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ontheroad View Post
but for all that, I don't understand bigchuckie's post--at all!
When the going gets tough, the tough get surreal. Hilarious!

Old 01-30-2007, 07:31 PM

597 posts, read 1,788,282 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kdizzle View Post
.....The point of my earlier post was that we need to take a lesson from the Europeans, because they are having tremendous difficulty assimilating massive muslim populations that have no desire to become Westernized and that there is a small percentage that is radical. When you are talking a small percentage of millions of people, we are talking in the tens of thousands. I was pointing out the fact that they are risking life and limb by allowing thousands of muslims to immigrate there every year from states that have hostile populations to the West (pakistan, etc). Small enclaves of muslims in the US has never reached those levels.
This is what I'm talking about:

The doctrine of multi-culturalism has alienated an entire generation of young Muslims and made them increasingly radical, a report has found.

In stark contrast with their parents, growing numbers sympathise with extreme teachings of Islam, with almost four in ten wanting to live under Sharia law in Britain.
The study identifies significant support for wearing the veil in public, Islamic schools and even punishment by death for Muslims who convert to another religion.

Most alarmingly, 13 per cent of young Muslims said they “admired” organisations such as Al Qaeda which are prepared to “fight the West”......
The poll exposes a fracture between the attitudes of Muslims aged 16 to 24, most of whom were born in Britain, and those of their parents’ generation, who are more likely to have been immigrants.
If a Muslim converts to another religion, 36 per cent of 16-to-24-year-olds thought this should be punished by death, compared with 19 per cent of 55s and over.
The vast majority of Muslims—84 per cent—believed they had been treated fairly in British society.
http://www.thisislondon.co.uk/news/a...ers/article.do

Old 01-30-2007, 10:07 PM

3,359 posts, read 10,652,569 times
I had a neighbor from Egypt a few years back from an extremely large family, most of whom still lived there. He told me that it was their 'duty' to have 12-15 kids each so they would have more people to fight in a holy war against the West and Israel. In essence, anyone who wasn't them (muslim).

Old 07-15-2007, 10:55 AM

1 posts, read 1,121 times
the problem is arab countries want to control the oil,simple.the idea that the west is looking for a new renewable energy source does not cut with them,the russians are siding with the muslim countries because they cannot see terriosm,even though they are fighting a small war with cheyna rebels.pay peter to pay paul,after the dealing is done who wins,we are just a pawn in the pay packets

Old 07-15-2007, 11:15 AM

18,696 posts, read 35,480,561 times
WWIII? Has anybody stopped to think and realize just how vulnerable the US is right now? We have over half of our assets deployed and no good way of pulling them back. We've depleted a majority of our munitions and our armory's are in the hurt locker. We've depleted most of our resources.

Wouldn't take too much to tip over our bucket, so to speak. What if say, China, decided that now the time is right to gain more property?

Just how much defense do you think we can muster on our borders?

A couple hundred years ago, the only thing that saved our butt was the fact that 70% of the citizens were armed and they joined in on the fight.

Old 07-19-2007, 12:23 PM

99 posts, read 322,972 times
Default One more time and it's ON!!!

There are some simple answers to all of the questions, debates, and confusion that all of the topics in this category are about. I am not going
to go into my ideas on that for now as they are off the topic for the most
part.

In America yes the government has done pretty well to dumb the majority
down and make us numb to whatever corruption they want to deliver. As
long as people have an Iphone they are happy zombies to succomb to anything. A revolution is way overdue. We can and will still do it though
if it continues the way it's going it will happen.

My point here right now is this. Country music is still the biggest music format in the USA. I feel very bad for anyone brown if the "terrorists" do
anything else on our soil. Most of our toughest, most violent, well armed
patriots can't tell the difference between Indian, Pakistani, Iraqi, or hell
even Mexican. So anyone who looks anything similar to a brown or olive
skin, especially muslims should be trying all they can to get the Muslim extremists to act right and stay away. Otherwise the next time we will
deal with this S*&% the old fashion way and many innocent people will
be beaten, killed, and strung up. If these idiots ever succeed at another
attack here in our country it's going to be on !

Old 07-19-2007, 12:37 PM

4,550 posts, read 8,617,467 times
Say thank you to the Judaizers in extreme Christianity like John "Armageddon will come" Hagee and thanks to the Rapture Heresy that helped extreme Christianity flourish.

Old 07-19-2007, 12:59 PM

431 posts, read 1,524,011 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kdizzle View Post
You are quite correct. The Dutch now have the toughest immigration policy in Europe. This is the most liberal society on Earth, so that should really be saying something! I have friends that live in Paris and they were absolutely mortified by the rioting that has occurred there on more than 1 occasion and is expected to again. But, as I was just noting, Germany is going to be a Muslim majority in 30 years, and some of these other countries may follow and then conflict with the middle east will have a whole different dynamic and we could even see a radical Islamic leader over there in the distant future. This is definitely a lesson that Americans, and the West, need to take to heart. Why give them democracy? Has anybody been paying attention to the palestinian territories? They voted in Hamas, a terrorist organization, and now their is civil war breaking out. Is that what we want for the middle east? I say we get as far away from they mess as we can.
That's not true. The voters kicked out the lady who was stirring all the anti-immigration sentiment there and her own party turned against her. I can't remember her name, but it was all the news when we were there in April. But, what they are trying to do is discourage people who can't adapt to Dutch liberalism.

Old 07-19-2007, 01:29 PM

5,640 posts, read 16,952,273 times
WWWIII - no.

A bit OT: FistFightingHairdresser - regarding the discount card that you use at your grocery stores you mentioned - that information can be subpoenaed in a court of law. I rarely use mine for this reason - the whole concept ticks me off. I go the store that does not require one for their special pricing 99% of the time.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies