Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-17-2008, 11:02 PM

251 posts, read 880,429 times

Advertisements

They still live here, because the economy is so crappy, its hard to find work, therefore we can not get any money to leave this dump, oh but i forgot according to our wonderful idiotic president the economy is doing fine.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-18-2008, 07:09 AM

24,621 posts, read 19,159,948 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RedWhiteBlack View Post
oh but i forgot according to our wonderful idiotic president the economy is doing fine.
Well it is. Granted they fudged the numbers for the 1st Quarter 2008, but the economy still had positive growth.

Old 08-19-2008, 05:07 PM

251 posts, read 880,429 times
Well, wanna find me a job then? I sure cant find one myself! Of course it had positive growth, always does when you have illegals coming into this country and taking crap jobs that normal people can not live off of.

Old 08-19-2008, 05:14 PM

20,169 posts, read 24,326,022 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gortamor View Post
Because one despises the current Administration, it does not logically follow that they 'hate' the US.

And they do work to change things, some by running for office, others by volunteering for progressive causes, others by donating money for said causes, and some by doing fundraising for said causes.
I agree. I don't think so-called "progressives" hate America. They simply dislike the forms which America has taken which are inimical to their desires and fantasies. They thus have every right to express themselves in the ways which you have listed, and to willfully blind themselves to America's many virtues.

For those of the "progressive" persuasion, anything else would be, well, unAmerican.

Old 11-24-2010, 05:32 PM

7 posts, read 6,807 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RedWhiteBlack View Post
They still live here, because the economy is so crappy, its hard to find work, therefore we can not get any money to leave this dump, oh but i forgot according to our wonderful idiotic president the economy is doing fine.
I'm sorry for reviving this abandoned topic, but I just couldn't resist.

Omg I can't believe you just said that.. Crappy economy ? Dump? Seriously? You obviously have no idea what a dump is. Your economy is just experiencing some temporary difficulties, it's still strong.
Have you even seen how the rest of the world lives? Hard to get a job? You think in other places it's easier? You americans are so spoiled, you just dont even realize how good you have it and take things for granted. You people eat at restaurants, drive cars and watch tvs while there are places where it's considered luxury. You have all modern conviniences and opportunities at your disposal and even if you lose some, it's not the end of the world. Getting fired is not the end of the world too. You still have brain to think of something.. Even when you lose everything, which I doubt is likely to happen, you can find a way out, just show some perseverance and make an effort. Dont watch news all the time, it's killing you mentally. Every little difficulty is a crisis for you, but the fact is - there is no crisis. They use this word to make you watch yet another news channel. It's just the way they attract viewers. They lead you to believe that things are worse than ever, when it's not even close to true. Because if they were showing only good news, nobody would be watching it.. S

My point is, USA is a very rich and amazingly resourceful country. You probably won't understand than until after you've lived in eastern europe. I guess it's just the way it is.

Here's some some excerpts from the article of the guy who has lived in other places, and this is true, because I live in one of those currently and I can confirm...:
Quote:
Poor Americans are living like the rich in areas where I live or have been.
I have even heard poor Americans even own radios and some TVs. – Wow that is rich in my mind.
Poor Americans have shoes and water to drink – Americans are very spoiled. In Lviv, Ukraine a city in Europe of over a million there is water only a couple hours a day. Try getting up in the winter and fetching water from the well for washing.
I have seen Americans that have houses with more than one bathroom and certainly not an outhouse, like I see in villages in Europe.
Americans are very fat, I am sorry. I love America and am a patriot. But I am embarred when I see these fat Americans waddling around town. America is spoiled and soft.
Americans are spoiled, where I live people can make less than 1000 dollars a year and live. On the other hand I have heard in America people make 15,000 dollars a year and complain. That is a lot of money. Trying living on even 500 dollars a month.
Americans eat in restaurants more than once every few years. Wow that is more than most people I know. Americans are spoiled.

Last edited by Romus; 11-24-2010 at 05:46 PM..

Old 11-24-2010, 10:29 PM

799 posts, read 1,094,783 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Romus View Post
I'm sorry for reviving this abandoned topic, but I just couldn't resist.

Omg I can't believe you just said that.. Crappy economy ? Dump? Seriously? You obviously have no idea what a dump is. Your economy is just experiencing some temporary difficulties, it's still strong.
Have you even seen how the rest of the world lives? Hard to get a job? You think in other places it's easier? You americans are so spoiled, you just dont even realize how good you have it and take things for granted. You people eat at restaurants, drive cars and watch tvs while there are places where it's considered luxury. You have all modern conviniences and opportunities at your disposal and even if you lose some, it's not the end of the world. Getting fired is not the end of the world too. You still have brain to think of something.. Even when you lose everything, which I doubt is likely to happen, you can find a way out, just show some perseverance and make an effort. Dont watch news all the time, it's killing you mentally. Every little difficulty is a crisis for you, but the fact is - there is no crisis. They use this word to make you watch yet another news channel. It's just the way they attract viewers. They lead you to believe that things are worse than ever, when it's not even close to true. Because if they were showing only good news, nobody would be watching it.. S

My point is, USA is a very rich and amazingly resourceful country. You probably won't understand than until after you've lived in eastern europe. I guess it's just the way it is.

Here's some some excerpts from the article of the guy who has lived in other places, and this is true, because I live in one of those currently and I can confirm...:
This is due to greed in the Corporations and Government of America, as well as the UK. Capitalism is nothing more than an oppressive system instilled into our ideology as the "right way" of socializing as a world. In actuality, it's no more than a way for a few to be well and paid off and the majority to live in debt. I believe that in the future America will lose its reign as world leader and China will take it's spot. I think that's inevitable, and with that the American society will begin to demote itself more and more in the coming decades.

Yea, Americans are spoiled but we still have third world environments in this nation too.

Old 11-24-2010, 10:47 PM

3,490 posts, read 3,791,639 times
Why do people who HATE America continue to live here???

I wonder about that and the people who claim to love America, but hate Americans.

Old 11-24-2010, 10:58 PM

10 posts, read 9,934 times
People don't run when they want change,,,they stay and create it!
If Dr King had left this country and its racist 60s attitude, where would people of color -all colors- be right now?
I say all those who do not accept change should get a passport and go bye-bye!

America does suck at times, but we aint going nowhere.

Old 11-24-2010, 11:19 PM

9,949 posts, read 8,850,595 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shonny View Post
People don't run when they want change,,,they stay and create it!
If Dr King had left this country and its racist 60s attitude, where would people of color -all colors- be right now?
I say all those who do not accept change should get a passport and go bye-bye!

America does suck at times, but we aint going nowhere.
All change is not good.

Old 11-25-2010, 01:06 AM

56,988 posts, read 35,189,362 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrstewart View Post
Has anyone else noticed how many people declare their hatred for America but yet continue to live here? And, you know, I would not care if they hated America and were willing to do something to offer change, but they just complain and try to sell us on the attributes of other, more "socially evolved" countries.

This is really no different than marriages that go bad...if it is that bad, LEAVE and start over where the grass is greener.

Just wondering if others noticed this trend.
Who are these people in America that have declared their hatred for America? I've yet to see any of these "declarations." Point me to a few.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies