Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-25-2008, 04:31 AM

30,419 posts, read 20,304,341 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by burdell View Post
A highly evolved ape is still an ape.

And highly is questonable. What's the murder rate in gorilla colonies? How many abuse/abandon their young?
I expected you to provide us with some facts and figures to support your postulation, since you apparently have them. I don't know the answer, since I have never studied the animal kingdom in that regard, nor apes or gorillas in particular.

Please, give us the numbers.

I think in your first statement, you inadvertently destroyed your own argument.

Old 08-25-2008, 04:41 AM

19,198 posts, read 31,473,857 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fleet View Post
Read again. Slowly this time:
In 2004, the Senate Intelligence Committe unanimously approved a report acknowledging that it "did not find any evidence that administration officials attempted to coerce, influence or pressure analysts to change their judgments."
The following year, the bipartisan Robb-Silberman report similarly found "no indication that the intelligence community distorted the evidence regarding Iraq's weapons of mass destruction."
Says the same thing no matter how quickly or slowly you read it. What they could not say in the case of the Intelligence Committee was that it "did not find any evidence that adminstration officials attempted to berate and browbeat line-analysts for not finding information that the officials claimed to know was out there." That was not included because it would have been a direct contradiction of fact. What was not included in Robb-Silberman was any statement at all characterizing the adminsitration's use and handling of intelligence information because any such statement would have been outside their mandate.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fleet View Post
Those who want to voice their objections and criticisms should do so at the CIA, not the Bush Administration.
Objections to and criticisms of the actions or inactions of the CIA would properly be addressed to the CIA. Objections to and criticisms of the large-scale criminal enterprise conducted by this administration in order to lead us into an otherwise unjustified and unnecessary war of choice are and always will be properly directed to the Administration.

Where is your citation from UNSCR 687?

Old 08-25-2008, 04:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nononsenseguy View Post
I expected you to provide us with some facts and figures to support your postulation, since you apparently have them. I don't know the answer, since I have never studied the animal kingdom in that regard, nor apes or gorillas in particular.
You apparently believe you have done enough study of the animal kingdom (and the plant kingdom as well, I would presume, not to mention the fungi, protist, and moneran kingdoms) to able to conclude that evolution is bunk. What a sorry state this world finds itself in these days....

Old 08-25-2008, 05:21 AM

2,420 posts, read 4,712,299 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by swagger View Post
It's a fact?
Some things can only be assumed. Just a cursory glance at Revelations pretty much leads one to believe with certainty that its author(s) got into the funny mushrooms.

Old 08-25-2008, 10:17 AM

29,939 posts, read 39,461,121 times
And you wish to put forth your ideas with slander and you expect to get any sort of serious replies.

Old 08-25-2008, 12:25 PM

25,100 posts, read 39,258,323 times
Heck - even Biden acknowledged in 2007 (with Tim Russert) that "just about every country believed Sadaam had WMD's" -

Biden said he believed it -

SEN. BIDEN: Well, the point is, it turned out they didn’t, but everyone in the world thought he had them. The weapons inspectors said he had them. He catalogued—they catalogued them. This was not some, some Cheney, you know, pipe dream. This was, in fact, catalogued. They looked at them and catalogued. What he did with them, who knows? The real mystery is, if he, if he didn’t have any of them left, why didn’t he say so? Well, a lot of people say if he had said that, he would’ve, you know, emboldened Iran and so on and so forth.

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/18381961/page/2/

Old 08-25-2008, 01:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greatday View Post
Heck - even Biden acknowledged in 2007 (with Tim Russert) that "just about every country believed Sadaam had WMD's" -
Biden said he believed it -
No, he said nothing here about his own beliefs. What he said was... it turned out they didn’t, but everyone in the world thought he had them ...and this is an example of the coffee-shop hyperbole that Biden often uses when speaking off the cuff. I don't believe there is anyone who could either make or believe that statement in its literal sense. I outlined above some of the factors involved in people's suspecting, worrying, or assuming that Saddam had residual weapons stocks. This concern was not misplaced or misguided. What was misguided was that so many permitted that concern to be exploited by warmongers to entirely unnecessary and unjustified ends. As Biden explains in part in passages succeeding the one you quoted, there were various alternative approaches to this problem. We just ended up using the worst one possible...

Old 08-25-2008, 06:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by saganista View Post
You apparently believe you have done enough study of the animal kingdom (and the plant kingdom as well, I would presume, not to mention the fungi, protist, and moneran kingdoms) to able to conclude that evolution is bunk. What a sorry state this world finds itself in these days....
OMG, I can't believe this! I'm rolling on the floor laughing (figuratatively). Are you serious?

I don't have to study the animal kingdom to know that evolution is bunk.

There is no evidence to support it. You don't have it. Darwin didn't have it. No one has it. It doesn't exist. It is still just a "theory", and one which Darwin himself (so I have read) backed away from before he died.

Some have gone so far as to try to manufacture evidence, only to be discoverd as fraud. That shows the length some go to in order to "prove" this silly theory.

Why can't you just simply accept the concept of a "Master Creator God"? Is it because you would have to acknowledge your sin, and answer for it? I think for some, that is the case.

The whole idea of "evolution" is just plain silly. No, I'll go further; it's ridiculous. It's just plain nonsense!

Old 08-25-2008, 06:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by creepsinc View Post
Some things can only be assumed. Just a cursory glance at Revelations pretty much leads one to believe with certainty that its author(s) got into the funny mushrooms.
It's "Revelation" not "Revalations".

As a non-believer, you wouldn't understand that the Bible was written by God himself. Men wrote as the Spirit moved them. But you don't understand things that are spiritual.

"All scripture is God-breathed and and is useful for teaching, rebuking, correcting and training in righteousness, so that the man of God may be troroughly equipped for every good work" — 2 Tim 3:16, 17

So also was the book of Revelation written; by God's own hand.

Last edited by nononsenseguy; 08-25-2008 at 06:46 PM..

Old 08-25-2008, 06:30 PM

4,050 posts, read 6,139,793 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nononsenseguy View Post
OMG, I can't believe this! I'm rolling on the floor laughing (figuratatively). Are you serious?
Thou doth protest too much. You should take a biology class. And no, Darwin didn't denounce evolution prior to his death. It's a falsehood that people like to keep alive to further their own agendas, though. Are you a real person or a juror from Inherit the Wind?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies