Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-03-2008, 12:15 AM

1 posts, read 856 times

Advertisements

I was raped when I was 15 and got preganant and i made the desicion to keep my child... there were times when I just wanted to give up and have an abortion but i kept remebering that my child was alive, had a beating heart and could feel pain. I also suffered from suicidal thoughts but not because I was preganant, it was becasue of the tramatizing experiance of being raped. some people argue that carrying a baby for nine months and having the child would be a constant reminider of the rape, but i know an experiance like that would never go away regaurdless if i bore the chile or not. i refused to punish my child for what her father did to me. I had alot of support from my family and was also able to get financial and emotional support from various prolife organizations deticated to people in my same situation... my beautiful little girl is now 14 years old and grew up with a normal life (from the help of my wonderful parents and friends)... I can not begin to think of my life without her! its crazy to think how something good could come out of such a horrible situation. I think things happen for a reason... and who knows mabey my little Rachel will be the one who finds the cure to cancer or somehow changes the world... U never know how many potential world leaders, or inventers might have been killed before they could get their first breath of air.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-03-2008, 12:32 AM

8,762 posts, read 11,566,974 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LoveMiiorHateMii View Post
I've been thinking about sharing this because my child would have been two years old this past July.

I wanted to share my story because as many of you know me on here I try to do the best I can for myself and for my family.

With that said, I feel like I should share this because no one really understands what an abortion is like until you have one. It is not something to be proud of and I repent everyday and I suffer everyday in my heart because of it.

I was 20 years old and in college when I became pregnant by my ex. We made the decision along with our parents to have the pregnancy terminated. I remember the day so vividly and I remember the date. I was the only "young" person in there. Others were way older than me. They wouldn't perform the procedure because I was so nervous my blood pressure was way too high. I was early in my pregnancy only about 6 weeks.

That day, January 7, 2006 was a very devestating day in my life. After I yearned and wanted my child back. I struggled to unuderstand the full aspect of what I had done and my ex couldn't take the depression that I was in. I turned to a therapist who helped me come to grips with my decision. It was hard but I think about him/her everyday.

For people who say that we are monsters etc. do not know who it feels to be in that position. GOD is the only one that can judge me and me and Him have had many talks over the past 2 years. My problem with pro-lifers is that they have never had to go through a decison like that and are so quick to judge. They throw their religion around and in the bible it even says do not judge. He has said that vengance is His. So who are you to dole out what God has said is His? My short-comings in my religion are my short-comings and I do not fear any of you just with a persons right to choose to have an abortion. You can not push your agenda on an individual just like someone who believes the opposite of you has no right to push their agenda on you.

Another issue I have with pro-lifers is that they will not answer how we can take care of the world's orphans that are going hungry everyday. If you all would put all your efforts and time behind that cause we would not have children living in poverty.

And sonrise, you claim that we are pro-death...that is far from the truth and that is very insulting. You need to go read the bible of yours and read where it says treat your neighbor as thyself.
Very sorry to hear your story.

*HUGS*

I hope you are well.

Old 12-03-2008, 12:36 AM

8,762 posts, read 11,566,974 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by prim2007 View Post
When men can carry the child of the rape to term, then lets talk. I'd be happy to pass the responsibility on to you.
Exactly. Men should have no say in this.

Old 12-03-2008, 01:05 PM

33 posts, read 117,986 times
" Rape Victims and the Pro Life Movement "

How about "Adoptees and the Pro Death Movement"

Old 12-03-2008, 01:17 PM

1,242 posts, read 2,459,266 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Who?Me?! View Post
OK, all you anti-choice people....

....how do you propose to end abortions?
Just like I can't end rape, murder, or burglary, I or we cannot end abortions. What we can do is equate it to murder, and find sentencing that is the same as murder and apply it to the abortionists (murderers) and the woman having the abortion.

Also, there is no such thing as anti-choice in this debate. You are either pro-life or anti-life. I prefer pro-death and anti-death. Or pro-infanticide and anti-infanticide. But I don't believe in your right to rape people either, does that make me anti-choice because I want to limit your choices in life you make? It sure does! And I'm damn proud of it!

Old 12-03-2008, 02:22 PM

4,803 posts, read 8,744,937 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LiveTodayLez08 View Post
What does being a boy have to do with anything?

I can't expect you to understand anything because 1) you're a male 2) you're anti-choice
Just saw this since someone decided to resurrect the thread. My post was sarcasm. Guess I should have made that clear. I responded to this:

Originally Posted by Sonrise
It's not the baby's fault that he/she was the product of rape. How could the murder of an innocent preborn child make up for the horrific act of rape?

And what I actually said was:

Quote:
Don't expect an obviously anti-choice male to feel empathy for those poor women and girls. (Responding to Prim2007 who posted regarding the original video) Zygotes are infinitely more important than the vessels that bear them. After all, they might give birth to a boy!
I am a woman and I am pro-choice.

Old 12-03-2008, 02:58 PM

1,619 posts, read 2,826,070 times
No, it is certainly not the baby's fault that the woman was raped..I don't think anyone is disputing that factor at all; it takes a long time to deal with a rape and such a personal violation. Having a child, keeping that child can be a continual reflection of the egregious act AND giving birth to that child and giving that child up for adoption can also be a continual haunting about what happened to that child, to added guilt about making that decision on top of feeling guilty about being raped since most victim/survivors of rape do blame themselves in one way or another which is a horrible added burden to place on themselves as well; AND adding the 'burden' to the adoptee who historically goes through lots of different emotions and sentiments about being adopted (which is considered a normal process for adoptees) ...why, what were the circumstances, who were the biological parents, etc....and standardly feeling that they were 'not wanted' by someone in spite of being so loved and wanted by their adoptive parents, to have them branded as a rape child, I cannot imagine that being the most positive and heart-warming sentiment for them to feel...couple that with the added concern that they too could have some kind of propensity to be violent, as their biological father was....

Not everything is black or white and I think rather than making condemning, condescending statements about what is the right thing to do for others....I think it would be helpful for pro-lifers to recognize the potential for more emotional hurt and scarring....I am not saying that would always be the end result...however, with all of these layers of elements to consider, they are yet another example of why it is vital to be able to have a choice.....

I still am not clear why Pro-lifers do not understand that pro-Choice is specifically that: Pro-Choice is not synonomous to Pro-Abortion...or anti-Life...it is choice!

Choice is defined as: (noun) an act or instance of choosing; selection: Her choice of a computer was made after months of research. His parents were not happy with his choice of friends.
2. the right, power, or opportunity to choose; option: The child had no choice about going to school.
3. the person or thing chosen or eligible to be chosen: This book is my choice. He is one of many choices for the award.
4. an alternative: There is another choice.

Nowhere in this list of definitions, however, does it say pro-abortion nor does it say anti-life. It says alternative, an option. Hopefully this clears up any future confusion or misunderstanding regarding the definition of the word Choice.

Old 12-03-2008, 03:02 PM

1,373 posts, read 3,124,567 times
I support abortion in early terms for rape victims. Maybe they could have some kind of allowance of having one a LITTLE bit later than normal (like three months instead of two).
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies