Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-30-2007, 11:11 AM

1,300 posts, read 2,612,838 times

Advertisements

http://www.comcast.net/news/index.js...30/574271.html

I put the post here because I have seen some "controversy" over this topic. So I figured this was the best spot.

It looks like we might finally have some control over the music and movies we purchase. No more silent installs and spyware from Sony. See, there is some GOOD news out there. Just exclude the word "Bush" from your searches, lol.

-TT
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-30-2007, 11:54 AM

1,022 posts, read 3,474,647 times
There is good news with bush as well Just put bush In with the text Destroy all liberals and great news should come up A libraless world. Ahh Paradise.

Old 01-30-2007, 12:40 PM

14,993 posts, read 23,877,846 times
Finally! Sony is not the only one doing this. You wouldn't believe what the music industry is doing behind our backs to fight anti-privacy. This includes hiding software with other applications - in games, downloads, etc. It also includes fake files, computer access attempts, DOS attacks. Install some IP guard software that detects how many "hits" your firewall is getting. Then find out who they are from.
The music industry employees thousand of firms to bombard your computer with IP pings lest you dare share that 30 year old Allman Brothers recording on a P2P site. For anyone else this is called "denial of service" attacks and is illegal. For the record industry it is business as usual.

Old 01-31-2007, 07:33 AM

1,300 posts, read 2,612,838 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dd714 View Post
Finally! Sony is not the only one doing this. You wouldn't believe what the music industry is doing behind our backs to fight anti-privacy. This includes hiding software with other applications - in games, downloads, etc. It also includes fake files, computer access attempts, DOS attacks. Install some IP guard software that detects how many "hits" your firewall is getting. Then find out who they are from.
The music industry employees thousand of firms to bombard your computer with IP pings lest you dare share that 30 year old Allman Brothers recording on a P2P site. For anyone else this is called "denial of service" attacks and is illegal. For the record industry it is business as usual.
Exactly.

I use ZoneAlarm free version. There are several apps that sync up with the "mothership" without ever telling you about it. Nero is one of them, a very popular application. Those of you that don't have a personal firewall, I recommend...

http://www.zonelabs.com/store/conten...eeDownload.jsp

Major corporations are using the commercial version of it, which is not much different as far as client protection goes. I like it much better than the consumer stuff from Norton, McAfee, etc.

-TT
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies