U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Happy Easter!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-29-2007, 10:25 PM

4,247 posts, read 9,156,716 times

Advertisements

Enough time has passed. Iraq had nothing to do with 911. Saddam is dead. Why do we continue on in this affair? Osama bin Laden was NEVER an objective.

I am sorry I wasn't able to be in DC for the protest last weekend. Estimates put it at 400K.

I guess I'd like to hear from people who think we should continue on with the meat grinder over there.

For those of you who know better, what should we do to get out?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-30-2007, 12:18 AM

919 posts, read 1,668,417 times
ok loadup and move out, quickly. does vietnam-cambodia mean anything? 1mil dead. but what the heck, win afew lose amil. why not flatten the damn place like we started to and bring home the oil. Isolationism, who'll bother us if we play nice. I am tired of police action, urban guerilla fighting. I dont believe cheney divised this war so he could retire on an extra value dividend oil stocks.

Old 01-30-2007, 08:47 AM

5,453 posts, read 7,191,579 times
I don't believe in war! I am nice to my neighbor, the cashier at the grocery store, the waitress who brought me my dinner, etc...why can't the elected officials get it together and realize that men and women don't want to bomb, shoot or otherwise destroy a neighboring country? I'm all for bringing our soldiers home and going about securing our own country. This war is just about money and oil, nothing can make me feel any differently. And yes, I have watched the news when they show the children of Iraq say how much they want the American soldier there to free their country, it tugs at my heart but I say let the Iraq army start taking control of their own country. Why is it justified? It's not.
Sandy

Old 01-30-2007, 08:52 AM

165 posts, read 281,151 times
It's a shame many were not doing this same type of soul-searching in the months leading up to the start of the war.

Old 01-30-2007, 10:13 AM

10,017 posts, read 16,698,771 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by movin'on View Post
Enough time has passed. Iraq had nothing to do with 911. Saddam is dead. Why do we continue on in this affair? Osama bin Laden was NEVER an objective.

I am sorry I wasn't able to be in DC for the protest last weekend. Estimates put it at 400K.

I guess I'd like to hear from people who think we should continue on with the meat grinder over there.

Why so you could spit on and try to beat up the soilders that were at that rally, call them names like baby killers and they should have died there. I love it when these so called "Peaceful" people show their true colors.

Old 01-30-2007, 10:20 AM

1,298 posts, read 2,366,416 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by movin'on View Post

We're not getting out. This country is dominated by those who lack tha capacity for rational, intelligent thought. I hope I'm pleasantly surprised come 2008, but alas I'm sure I will have to go ahead with my plan.

I hear Buenos Aires is quite nice

-TT

Old 01-30-2007, 10:23 AM

1,250 posts, read 2,264,051 times
Unless you are wealthy Your chances of relocating permanantly are slim to none.

Old 01-30-2007, 10:26 AM

1,298 posts, read 2,366,416 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bigchuckie View Post
Unless you are wealthy Your chances of relocating permanantly are slim to none.
I work for a multi-national corporation. I could relocate and keep the same job. Relocation is not nearly as difficult as some people try to make it out to be. Much of that is excuses to mask their fear of the unknown.

Yes, some countries are harder to get into than others. It can be done though.

-TT

Old 01-30-2007, 10:34 AM

10,017 posts, read 16,698,771 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by YapCity View Post
I work for a multi-national corporation. I could relocate and keep the same job. Relocation is not nearly as difficult as some people try to make it out to be. Much of that is excuses to mask their fear of the unknown.

Yes, some countries are harder to get into than others. It can be done though.

-TT
My husband and I have considered relocating to another country, but in his profession and without lots of money I think it would be impossible. I think you are lucky to have that work situation.

Old 01-30-2007, 10:35 AM

165 posts, read 281,151 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nea1 View Post
Why so you could spit on and try to beat up the soilders that were at that rally, call them names like baby killers and they should have died there. I love it when these so called "Peaceful" people show their true colors.
The troops should come home and protect the homeland instead of fighting to enrich special interest groups connected to the current administration. It is no surprise that many of the large donors to the GOP have no been 'rewarded' with reconstruction contracts in Iraq. This war was sold the the American people via lies and propaganda.

3000+ American lives is not worth a single drop of oil. This crazy caper has cost the American people more than $379 BILLION. We pay taxes to the government who then hand it to the those who bankrolled them into office. WHAT A SCAM!!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or