U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Happy Easter!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-01-2007, 08:39 PM

6 posts, read 17,472 times

Advertisements

You for a while I just didnt say anything because honestly I dont keep myself abreast on politics the way I should or world news. But any more I am confident to say I am really disappointed and embarrest at how our country is behaving It is not even rational in any way. I mean lets look at Bush? I at bare minimum would like for the president of the country to have the ability to speak gramatically correct English. After all we trust him to run the goverment and make decisions that are life changing right? I sometimes think back on 9/11...I was in NYC at the time studing at Juilliard School of music. And I remember watching the towers fall in front of my eyes and the one word that was on my lips - BUSH!! I am amazed that is all that has happened actually. Infact I would believe it if that day happened because we elected him into office. I could hear them say it.... "Well, if the U.S. is dumb enough to elect a complete and utter moron into office they all deserve the rath. I cant say I dont understand that thinking . I didnt elect him. Anyway I should stop bashing Bush... it may offend some people out there. Perhaps you I dont know. But it is stupid that we are still at war... it is such a waste of Human life....and there is nothing to be won. If other cultures and society's are happy with there way of life who are we to say they need to change? In fact I had an egyptian neighbor who looked me in the face and said that we are arrogant people. Who are we to say change and live our way..... Even the woman are happy walking steps behind the men... it is what they know and it is there culture. Most dont feel a need or desire to change. And here we are the hero's to the rescue. Who are we rescuing? Anyway thank you for your comment.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-02-2007, 01:27 AM

634 posts, read 2,555,614 times
It's all about Israel, as evidenced even in the 9/11 testimony and further descibed on informative websites such as WhatReallyHappened.com or Rense. America needs to wake up and smell the gefilte fish.

This video will take just 5 minutes of your time:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J1bm2GPoFfg

Old 02-02-2007, 01:55 AM

165 posts, read 281,046 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by James T View Post
It's all about Israel, as evidenced even in the 9/11 testimony and further descibed on informative websites such as WhatReallyHappened.com or Rense. America needs to wake up and smell the gefilte fish.

This video will take just 5 minutes of your time:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J1bm2GPoFfg
Why do you mention those quack sites? They are anti-semitic and attempt to blame Jews for all the ills of this world.

Are you an anti-semite?

Old 02-02-2007, 04:43 AM

14,506 posts, read 23,180,936 times
Exclamation yes-

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark S. View Post
My point was that in 50 years time, folks who enthusiastically supported Bush's war in Iraq may feel rather ashamed of themselves. I don't think history is going to be kind to President Bush.

And mostly because I knew you were reading this, and I always like to egg you on when I can.
If history isn't kind to him, at least that will be some justice for all the death and suffering he has caused.

sunny

Old 02-02-2007, 09:55 AM

10,189 posts, read 24,462,979 times
I'll second the query as to the relevance of posting these sites and what they contribute to the discussion.

Indulge us please!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elishan View Post
Why do you mention those quack sites? They are anti-semitic and attempt to blame Jews for all the ills of this world.

Are you an anti-semite?

Old 02-02-2007, 12:52 PM

17,449 posts, read 22,953,730 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Elishan View Post

Are you an anti-semite?
If one looks at James' posts, it's rather obvious that if he's not an outright white supremacist he's at the very least highly sympathetic to white supremacists. He's quoted from American Renaissance, David Duke and Stormfront before.

Old 02-04-2007, 02:26 AM

So, I'm having to prove I'm not an anti-Semite for having criticism for Israel. Thanks -- you've made my point perfectly. This is why there isn't and there cannot be an intellectually honest debate about Israel without attempts at derailing it. Rather than debate FACTS, let's simply accuse the opposition of "anti-Semitism", then we all sagely nod our heads and demonstrate how smart we are for reacting hysterically to rational discourse.

Furthermore, where have I quoted "Stormfront" or David Duke? You're thinking of somebody else.

Additionally, Rense and WhatReallyHappened.com are not "anti-Semitic" websites.

Old 02-04-2007, 02:57 AM

I apologize for my over-reaction. The anti-semite tag is banded around far too easily these days.

I agree, James, the US is biased toward Israel. But it does not necessary follow that Israel is manipulating the US to take this position.

Does it?

Many muslims are angry with the US for its unswervingly support of Israel in it's conflict with the Palestinians. I can understand when people suggest that it was a motivating factor in the attacks of 9/11.

Of that there is no doubt on my part.

What I can't accept is how a small nation in the mid east can hold such much sway over the US.

How do they manage it?

I look forward to your response

Old 02-05-2007, 01:59 AM

They manage it through AIPAC.

Old 02-05-2007, 03:32 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by James T View Post
They manage it through AIPAC.
AIPAC are simply another lobby group. How does a simple lobby group manage to influence the US to the extent you suggest?

What are the mechanics of it all?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies