Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-21-2008, 02:57 PM

745 posts, read 1,296,852 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexianPatriot View Post
...Mandating people to take care of others against their own will is not only tyrannical, but selfish and child like.
You cannot believe that mandating everyone to take care of another is tyrannical? Is that a basic tenet of Christianity? Aren't Christian's commanded to take care of each other? And some form of this exists in virtually all major religions. Certainly as a dyed in the wool Texian you must be proud of your Christian ethos?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-21-2008, 03:05 PM

5,012 posts, read 7,868,581 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jest721 View Post
You cannot believe that mandating everyone to take care of another is tyrannical? Is that a basic tenet of Christianity? Aren't Christian's commanded to take care of each other? And some form of this exists in virtually all major religions. Certainly as a dyed in the wool Texian you must be proud of your Christian ethos?
Did Jesus go around with a gun forcing the bastard Romans to care for the needy? Or was it up to individual conscience?

Old 08-21-2008, 03:08 PM

13,186 posts, read 14,969,729 times
"Your job will be exported overseas and no one is going to pay for your government hand outs. "

I just posted a list of Countries more unionized, with univesal social programs that are cleaning our clocks when it comes to taking care of their citizens.

I assure you none of those European countries are threatened.

Because the use their brain power, the plan, they save, they educate. They don't rely on depleting natural resources as a source of wealth.

All right wingers do is try and scare people and ramble on about how th Government can do nothing right. Your a party of the ignorant and scared who looks to authoritarian leaders to tell you how to think.

Your the same set of lemmings found all over the World. The most uneducated Arabs support radical Islam, they most uneducated and tribal in Zaire support Mugabe, the most uneducated in Europe support the Nationalist parties, the most uneducated in Israel support these right wing settlers.

Last edited by padcrasher; 08-21-2008 at 03:18 PM..

Old 08-21-2008, 03:12 PM

2,265 posts, read 3,731,072 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by padcrasher View Post
"Your job will be exported overseas and no one is going to pay for your government hand outs. "

I just posted a list of Countries more unionized, with univesal social programs that are cleaning our clocks when it comes to taking care of their citizens.

Because the use their brain power, the plan, they save, they educate. They don't rely on depleting natural resources as a source of wealth.

All right wingers do is try and scare people and ramble on about how th Government can do nothing right. Your a party of the ignorant and scared who looks to authoritarian leaders to tell you how to think.
I question the metrics used in deciding. Also all of those countries have a much smaller population than the U.S., I'm sure this plays a factor in the calculations. Anybody can copy and paste. Next.

Old 08-21-2008, 03:13 PM

2,935 posts, read 6,713,300 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jest721 View Post
Wasn't it Jesus who rallied against the tax collectors? Last I heard he was more interested in individuals helping individuals... not governments taking money under threat of force from individuals to give to other individuals that it deems worthy while lining their own pockets with it.

But I guess that's why conservatives donate more money and time to charities on average. They don't sit and wait for someone else to make a difference... they take it upon themselves.

Old 08-21-2008, 03:15 PM

5,012 posts, read 7,868,581 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by padcrasher View Post

Europe is in worse shape than we are. But the rose colored shades sure are nice. If the europeans were thinking people, they wouldn't have served monarchs and aristocrats for centuries while Americans fought for the right to be unmolested by governments, kings, the catholic church, and aristocratic pansies.

Old 08-21-2008, 03:17 PM

Europe is in worse shape than we are

Fact free right wing Zingers!!!!!

How is Europe in worse shape????????

Data???????

Old 08-21-2008, 03:17 PM

42,732 posts, read 29,853,601 times
Hey, yoo-hoo, over here, guys, come on back to the thread. It's not about bashing Europe versus bashing the United States. It's about the role of unions in the political spectrum of the United States and attitudes toward that role.

Old 08-21-2008, 03:20 PM

745 posts, read 1,296,852 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by twojciac View Post
Wasn't it Jesus who rallied against the tax collectors? Last I heard he was more interested in individuals helping individuals... not governments taking money under threat of force from individuals to give to other individuals that it deems worthy while lining their own pockets with it.

But I guess that's why conservatives donate more money and time to charities on average. They don't sit and wait for someone else to make a difference... they take it upon themselves.
Jesus told the tax collectors to collect no more tax than what they were appointed to collect; no padding the tax so they could skim. As far as modern politicians lining their pockets, I don't think anyone on this thread has supported that either.
Strange how conservatives are so stingy when it comes to government welfare, but they will gladly donate to embezzling pastors without asking any questions.

Old 08-21-2008, 03:21 PM

Check out how bad this European country is doing with all their unions and social programs!!!

They made history this year. A 100 year record broken!!

UK living standards outstrip US - Times Online

Last edited by padcrasher; 08-21-2008 at 03:32 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies