Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-05-2008, 09:26 PM

1,920 posts, read 2,766,463 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by DawnW View Post
I am a republican and was a union member for all of my working years (United Teachers Los Angeles.)

I was never a strong union supporter necessarily, but I was glad I had someone else fighting for me.

Dawn
My grandmother was a teacher and a union member of the united teachers union of Los Angeles, She says Regan was an evil bastard. Especially if you were a teacher in California. Of course, it depends on when you were a teacher I guess.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-05-2008, 09:45 PM

23,490 posts, read 23,829,344 times
Hi Dawn,

Quote:
Originally Posted by DawnW View Post
I was never a strong union supporter necessarily, but I was glad I had someone else fighting for me.
Would you say that you were unable to fight for yourself, or that you just liked the convenience of having someone else doing it for you?

Old 09-06-2008, 12:06 AM

24,624 posts, read 19,053,781 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sberdrow View Post
why should it be explained why you need a union.
It you cannot explain why someone would want to have other people interfering in their lives, then you will never understand why Republicans despise unions.

Quote:
Its called Why do republicans hate unions not how to convince Mircea to join a union.
Yes, I know, my reading comprehension is level 17 on the Slosson Scale, but you probably wouldn't know what that is.

Quote:
I don't belong to a union, Im in management, and I also invest in real estate for a living. I am an advocate for unions as it has helped put me where I am today. A person who has enough time to BS with all you fine folk.
Do you want a medal, or a chest to pin it on?

Old 09-06-2008, 12:16 AM

Quote:
well, I havent had too many republicans deny it. I have very few if any Rs say they are for unions. Dems and libs such as myslef seem to be defending it.
Well I guess so, since it puts you in a position to discriminate against blacks and minorities and deny them employment.

You seem to want to ignore the fact that Charleton Heston and other Republicans had to march with Dr. King in 1963 to help get rights for blacks who were denied entry into unions.

Old 09-06-2008, 12:20 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mircea View Post
It you cannot explain why someone would want to have other people interfering in their lives, then you will never understand why Republicans despise unions.

guess you despise family members and teachers, as well as your supervisor

Yes, I know, my reading comprehension is level 17 on the Slosson Scale, but you probably wouldn't know what that is.

Or give a rats a.. my 1st grade son is in an advance reading class, he gets stickers for doing well, would you like one too?

Do you want a medal, or a chest to pin it on?
no, Just looking down on you will do just fine.

Old 09-06-2008, 01:51 AM

Quote:
guess you despise family members and teachers, as well as your supervisor.
I don't have a supervisor.

Learn how to read. I despise unions, not the sorry bastards in them. And no, not all of my teachers were in the union. Fortunately, someone sued to bar closed union shops for teachers in Ohio. And yes, they got better pay and benefits because they weren't in the union.

Old 09-06-2008, 04:17 AM

862 posts, read 1,043,459 times
They don't like uppity pesants talking back-as simple as that.

Old 09-06-2008, 04:19 AM

Quote:
My grandmother was a teacher and a union member of the united teachers union of Los Angeles, She says Regan was an evil bastard. Especially if you were a teacher in California. Of course, it depends on when you were a teacher I guess.

Depends on whether you can tell your you know what from a hole in the ground.

Old 09-06-2008, 08:44 AM

Default Alt Dach

Alt Dach, its like you haveing a one sided conversation. I don't understand either of your posts.

Old 09-08-2008, 05:23 PM

Quote:
Alt Dach, its like you haveing a one sided conversation. I don't understand either of your posts.
Thank you.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies