Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-26-2008, 11:01 AM

13,648 posts, read 20,775,774 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Lemme ask you something, who would you rather have as a neighbor? Colin Powell or Kid Rock? Most thinking people would say the former.
Would Pam Anderson be part of the package?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-26-2008, 11:04 AM

18,949 posts, read 43,605,154 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shizzles View Post
Lemme ask you something, who would you rather have as a neighbor? Colin Powell or Kid Rock? Most thinking people would say the former.
I think those are two pretty extreme examples. I don't believe most black people in America identify with Colin Powell, nor do most whites identify with Kid Rock.

Old 08-26-2008, 01:55 PM

1,448 posts, read 3,106,411 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shizzles View Post

America is not a white nation. And frankly, I think if the Mexicans/Chinese/Africans come here and work hard, then they deserve to be the majority.
OK, no problem

Old 08-26-2008, 02:41 PM

2,732 posts, read 6,766,608 times
Shizzles do you post on MSN message boards?if so you are quite infamous there.

Old 08-26-2008, 04:18 PM

378 posts, read 626,305 times
People naturally want to live around their own race. Just like a bone naturally wants and needs to grow. The truth is some Americans may like multiculturalism, but most don't. They want to live around their own race. White flight is known and happens all the time. Even black and latino flight happens a lot. I personally feel the different races need to stay on separate countries by Nature.

Old 08-26-2008, 04:32 PM

1,417 posts, read 1,157,001 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 17271 View Post
People naturally want to live around their own race. Just like a bone naturally wants and needs to grow. The truth is some Americans may like multiculturalism, but most don't. They want to live around their own race. White flight is known and happens all the time. Even black and latino flight happens a lot. I personally feel the different races need to stay on separate countries by Nature.
Are you the new spokesman for White people living in America?

Old 08-26-2008, 04:45 PM

42,554 posts, read 86,968,624 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by floridasandy View Post
i am so tired of hearing about white guilt. only 5% of the population ever owned slaves and there was a huge war fought by a lot of whites to stop this injustice. black men got the right to vote 50 years before white women so do they feel guilty?

But all those white men who fought that war waited until every western hemisphere country except Brazil had already banned slavery in their own countries. And the same white men went to Texas to fight for the right to own slaves, since Mexico had abolished slavery decades before anybody in the US lifted a finger to stop slavery. So, good white men of America fought two wars in defense of slavery, after it had already been abolished by every English- and Spanish-speaking country in the Americas.

Old 08-26-2008, 06:11 PM

1,181 posts, read 3,807,429 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scraper Enthusiast View Post
Do Americans Really Want Diversity?
Jared Taylor, American Renaissance
American Renaissance News: Do Americans Really Want Diversity? (http://www.amren.com/mtnews/archives/2008/08/do_americans_re.php - broken link)

Diversity of religion, language, culture and especially race is now one of the official benefits of living in the United States. From the President on down, public officials glory in the transfor-mation of our country from a European nation into an Afro-Hispanic mish-mash. It is impossible to find a mainstream defense of homogeneity or even of free association, now that every American institution and major organ of communication is an ardent branch of the church of diversity.

But what do ordinary Americans think about diversity? Or at least what are they prepared to tell a poll-taker about it? Last December, the New Century Foundation, which publishes American Renaissance, hired a polling company to conduct a telephone survey. We had Opinion Research Corporation International of Princeton, New Jersey, ask a representative sample of about 1,000 Americans the following questions and propose the following possible answers:

(1) Would you rather live in a neighborhood where your race is in the majority, or one in which it is a minority?
a. Majority.
b. Minority.
c. Makes no difference.

(2) The Census Bureau predicts that if current levels of non-European immigration continue, in 40 or 50 years whites will become a minority in the United States. Overall, do you think this will be a good thing for the country or a bad thing for the country?

a. Good thing for the country.
b. Bad thing for the country.
c. Makes no difference.

(3) Until the 1960s, immigration to the United States was overwhelmingly from Europe. Now, with large-scale immigration from non-European countries, the United States is becoming more diverse in terms of race, language, religion and culture. Do you think this a good thing for the country or a bad thing for the country.

a. Good thing for the country.
b. Bad thing for the country.
c. Makes no difference.

MOD CUT
Most people I think would prefer living around people who share the same values and cultures as their own. If that means being around their own nationality, so be it. I don't mind some diversity, but I don't think it's some great thing like some people seem to. 5 years ago you never heard of it, now I hear it so much my head hurts.

Old 08-26-2008, 07:34 PM

1,573 posts, read 4,063,393 times
I like living around people like myself, no matter what race they happen to be.

Old 08-27-2008, 04:19 AM

1,928 posts, read 5,166,287 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cousinsal View Post
For goodness sakes, the Africans sold their own people as slaves!
That is absolutely true, but something that certain factions don't want to be commonly known. Remember, it's all the white man's fault and no one else.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies