Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-13-2008, 06:17 PM

94 posts, read 126,558 times

Advertisements

Why is it only White-majority countries which 'embrace diversity'?

People who talk about the greatness of diversity have the least experience in it. They are too hypocritical to notice that they still live in a majority-White country and thus are enabled to the living standard and quality of living which that entails.

Somehow if you lived in South Africa, forced to live behind a barbed wire fence and walls guarding your home, you would not be touting how great 'diversity' is. These so called diversity proponents, why not go experience the greatness of diversity in South Africa, Afghanistan, etc?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-13-2008, 06:22 PM

61,288 posts, read 87,384,526 times
i dont know its a confusing point for me. i see some pretty good AA posts on CDF complaining about diversity. it would seem some are angry that white people leave (white flight) but an equal amount of posts from those that are angry that whites stay or come (gentrification posts).

Old 12-13-2008, 06:51 PM

17 posts, read 45,704 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scraper Enthusiast View Post
Do Americans Really Want Diversity?
Jared Taylor, American Renaissance
American Renaissance News: Do Americans Really Want Diversity? (http://www.amren.com/mtnews/archives/2008/08/do_americans_re.php - broken link)

Diversity of religion, language, culture and especially race is now one of the official benefits of living in the United States. From the President on down, public officials glory in the transfor-mation of our country from a European nation into an Afro-Hispanic mish-mash. It is impossible to find a mainstream defense of homogeneity or even of free association, now that every American institution and major organ of communication is an ardent branch of the church of diversity.

But what do ordinary Americans think about diversity? Or at least what are they prepared to tell a poll-taker about it? Last December, the New Century Foundation, which publishes American Renaissance, hired a polling company to conduct a telephone survey. We had Opinion Research Corporation International of Princeton, New Jersey, ask a representative sample of about 1,000 Americans the following questions and propose the following possible answers:

(1) Would you rather live in a neighborhood where your race is in the majority, or one in which it is a minority?
a. Majority.
b. Minority.
c. Makes no difference.

(2) The Census Bureau predicts that if current levels of non-European immigration continue, in 40 or 50 years whites will become a minority in the United States. Overall, do you think this will be a good thing for the country or a bad thing for the country?

a. Good thing for the country.
b. Bad thing for the country.
c. Makes no difference.

(3) Until the 1960s, immigration to the United States was overwhelmingly from Europe. Now, with large-scale immigration from non-European countries, the United States is becoming more diverse in terms of race, language, religion and culture. Do you think this a good thing for the country or a bad thing for the country.

a. Good thing for the country.
b. Bad thing for the country.
c. Makes no difference.

MOD CUT

Diversity is what makes this nation great: within reasonable limits. I just registered to tell my story (see my other post "bad neighbors need advice") and its related to this topic.

Too much diversity and you suddenly discover you're not living in the US anymore! We Amricans have certain traditions and a unique culture -believe it or not- and we shouldn't have to give them up when the 'diversificators' come along. YJey should adapt to us not vice versa! They chose to come here, we didn't go to there hellholes unless we needed to invade it because it was causoing us problems!

Old 12-13-2008, 06:53 PM

31,387 posts, read 37,032,019 times
America has never wanted diversity whether it was Irish Catholics, Italians, eastern Europeans, Jews, Africans, Chinese, Cambodians, or Mexicans just to name a few. And in every era of large immigration by non-white, non Western Europeans, the US has either tried through legislation, discriminatory policies or just plain rank violence to stop it. So, for my part, there is nothing new about these xenophobic discussions, just change the name and I can find you similar arguments throughout American history.

Old 12-13-2008, 07:11 PM

164 posts, read 240,603 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ovcatto View Post
America has never wanted diversity whether it was Irish Catholics, Italians, eastern Europeans, Jews, Africans, Chinese, Cambodians, or Mexicans just to name a few. And in every era of large immigration by non-white, non Western Europeans, the US has either tried through legislation, discriminatory policies or just plain rank violence to stop it. So, for my part, there is nothing new about these xenophobic discussions, just change the name and I can find you similar arguments throughout American history.

If we hadn't resisted each incoming wave of immigration as they broke over the horizon they would have swamped us off the face of the earth like a tidal wave. Look at cities like Miami FL where you can live an entire life without knowing with absolute certainty whether you're in Colombia or the US.

I don't think it's xenophobia; I think it's a more of a cultural issue because most people I know wouldn't care what color your skin is but rather on whether you spoke good English and know WTF Paul Revere was.

Because if there's ONE thing that peeves me is giving American citizen status so freely the way it currently is. Nowadays it's almost as easy as taking out one of those ********* subprime mortgage loans back in the day. Forget that they don't know anything about our history & heroes except for the ones that had movies made, sometimes they don't even speak the language!.

I think it was a positive thing for us to oppose at first the Irish Catholics, Italians, eastern Europeans, Jews, Africans, Chinese, Cambodians, or Mexicans until we got at least some kind of hold over them vs them over us.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies