Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-16-2008, 09:07 AM

1,140 posts, read 2,202,837 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmarquise View Post
hahaha! you would be quite shocked at what is considered a need in todays society. air conditioning, hot water, a car, a cell phone, internet access, cable TV, money for beer and smokes. these are all considered needs to people now.
Lets see here, I do need an ac because I have a condition where high temperatures for extended periods of time makes me VERY ill, got it from my mother who also needs an ac. Hot water is needed for hygiene, as a nurse I would not recommend someone live without it. Infections and such aren't all that great. Oh and I need the net because I do work related to my job online hmmm. I do have a phone but it is a home phone...yah hate that too?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-16-2008, 09:09 AM

8,577 posts, read 7,848,785 times
far left liberal extremist much?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kereczr View Post
BAHAHAHHAHAHAH

Old 10-16-2008, 09:11 AM

"america is a nation of whiners." truer words were never spoken. you don't need AC, and you don't need hot water. you can boil water on the stove and dump it into the bath tub. I did it for almost two years.

Quote:
Lets see here, I do need an ac because I have a condition where high temperatures for extended periods of time makes me VERY ill, got it from my mother who also needs an ac. Hot water is needed for hygiene, as a nurse I would not recommend someone live without it. Infections and such aren't all that great. Oh and I need the net because I do work related to my job online hmmm. I do have a phone but it is a home phone...yah hate that too?

Old 10-16-2008, 09:40 AM

19,112 posts, read 30,623,707 times
Have you (OP) ever worked or been involved in the medical field? I'm guessing no, since you've been spouting nothing but ignorance for this entire thread. You mentioned that if you got sick, you would just die if you couldn't afford the treatment. I can't afford my medication because even a multi-millionaire wouldn't be able to afford it. Should I just give up and die because I'm not making millions?

Just a thought.

Old 10-16-2008, 09:46 AM

1,140 posts, read 2,202,837 times
Quote:
"america is a nation of whiners." truer words were never spoken. you don't need AC, and you don't need hot water. you can boil water on the stove and dump it into the bath tub. I did it for almost two years.
Actually I DO need an ac genius, my doc actually TOLD me to get one. I have a condition where I can pass out in heat and, if left in the heat for too long, seizure. K thanks. As for the hot water....You boil your water to put it into the tub to save money by not needing hot water to begin with? Do I even need to tell you why that is one of the most asinine things I've ever heard?

Old 10-16-2008, 09:46 AM

well, this thread was hijacked by the far left health care nut jobs. if you can't afford your medication, perhaps you should complain about the 17 year patent laws that prohibit competition.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JetJockey View Post
Have you (OP) ever worked or been involved in the medical field? I'm guessing no, since you've been spouting nothing but ignorance for this entire thread. You mentioned that if you got sick, you would just die if you couldn't afford the treatment. I can't afford my medication because even a multi-millionaire wouldn't be able to afford it. Should I just give up and die because I'm not making millions?

Just a thought.

Old 10-16-2008, 10:51 AM

19,112 posts, read 30,623,707 times
Quote:
well, this thread was hijacked by the far left health care nut jobs. if you can't afford your medication, perhaps you should complain about the 17 year patent laws that prohibit competition.
Patent laws basically mean nothing to me. My disorder is on the rarer side and there isn't enough demand to need competition. My drug is difficult to make, which is one of the reasons it's expensive. On the business side, nobody would go into competition for production of my medication because in no way would it be lucrative.

Old 10-16-2008, 11:13 AM

41,479 posts, read 59,771,962 times
JM - takes survival of the emotional, physical and economic fittest to its logical extreme. It would be good for a few and deadly for most. "Compassionate Conservative" indeed. AKA - narcissists.

Old 10-16-2008, 12:03 PM

where on earth did I claim to be compassionate? perhaps you should consider my ticket for the next election.

jmarquise/john galt 2012.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GregW View Post
JM - takes survival of the emotional, physical and economic fittest to its logical extreme. It would be good for a few and deadly for most. "Compassionate Conservative" indeed. AKA - narcissists.

Old 10-16-2008, 12:05 PM

I boiled hot water because my hot water heater crapped out and I couldn't afford a new one, so I made do without. I am not entitled to hot water, and neither are you. AC is not mentioned in life, liberty, and the pursuit of happiness. you are making up your own entitlements now.

Quote:
Actually I DO need an ac genius, my doc actually TOLD me to get one. I have a condition where I can pass out in heat and, if left in the heat for too long, seizure. K thanks. As for the hot water....You boil your water to put it into the tub to save money by not needing hot water to begin with? Do I even need to tell you why that is one of the most asinine things I've ever heard?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies