Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-17-2009, 10:47 AM

47,525 posts, read 69,698,996 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by TKramar View Post
It's all about who you know, not what you can do.
Then instead of spending all this money on education and job training, offering free college to the poor, why not just introduce them to Obama and Congress and some important people?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-17-2009, 10:57 AM

7,923 posts, read 8,846,511 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by thefinalsay View Post
if you took all the money from everyone in the US, and then gave every single person a million bucks, within 5 years the same people would be poor, and the same people would be rich.
Really is that why so many rich people end up commiting suicide when they lose it all?
So depending on which part of their rich/poor cycle you catch them in or when they die..hopefully while they are still rich defines them as the rich chosers or the poor choosers.
What a lot of B/S we have in this you choose to be poor theory.

Old 05-17-2009, 11:05 AM

Location: I currently exist only in a state of mind. one too complex for geographic location.
4,196 posts, read 5,843,743 times
are you talking about poor people who win the lottery then spend carelessly and lose it all?

Quote:
Originally Posted by geeoro View Post
Really is that why so many rich people end up commiting suicide when they lose it all?
So depending on which part of their rich/poor cycle you catch them in or when they die..hopefully while they are still rich defines them as the rich chosers or the poor choosers.
What a lot of B/S we have in this you choose to be poor theory.

Old 05-17-2009, 12:07 PM

1,570 posts, read 2,069,629 times
Default Probably for the same reason....

.....people choose to be rich. Of course their are fewer Rich People than Poor people.

Old 05-17-2009, 12:17 PM

814 posts, read 2,307,213 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 60-minutes-II View Post
.....people choose to be rich. Of course their are fewer Rich People than Poor people.
their are fewer rich people than poor people because you need poor people to make the rich people. duh

rich get rich off of others. duh

i don't agree with outright capitalism. it's unfortunate communism has not worked yet but maybe in the future, it can in some very enlightened form.

Old 05-17-2009, 12:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by leaana View Post
their are fewer rich people than poor people because you need poor people to make the rich people. duh

rich get rich off of others. duh

i don't agree with outright capitalism. it's unfortunate communism has not worked yet but maybe in the future, it can in some very enlightened form.
Communism will never work. Duh

I disagree with any form that restricts personal choice and that even includes capitalism. The people must not be forced to all consume the same things. There are different people who thrive in different environments and we need to have a system like that.

Old 05-17-2009, 12:30 PM

Quote:
Communism will never work. Duh

I disagree with any form that restricts personal choice and that even includes capitalism. The people must not be forced to all consume the same things. There are different people who thrive in different environments and we need to have a system like that.
i said enlightened communism, genius. think outside the box. you can't live with unlimited personal choice as it can be detrimental to yourself not just others just as i don't advocate having no personal choices. the ideas of government were not formed in a day just as we can form new and better governments. duh.

it's called improvement. 'conservative' and 'same' applies to you. LOL

Old 05-17-2009, 12:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by leaana View Post
i said enlightened communism, genius. think outside the box. you can't live with unlimited personal choice as it can be detrimental to yourself not just others just as i don't advocate having no personal choices. the ideas of government were not formed in a day just as we can form new and better governments. duh.

it's called improvement. 'conservative' and 'same' applies to you. LOL
duh. are you retarded? duh.

Old 05-17-2009, 12:43 PM

Quote:
duh. are you retarded? duh.
you do realize people have the power to form new governments or change them and not just continue to adhere to set or archaic models right?

Old 05-17-2009, 12:52 PM

185 posts, read 108,796 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 11thHour View Post
Some don't choose to be poor. I have a bachelor of science in flight operations, plus an additional 3 years of flight training and every civilian flight certificate one can attain. I'm am a gainfully employed airline pilot. Yet, I'm on public assistance and can barely keep my head above water. They have sliced and diced our wages and benefits in this industry rather than raise ticket prices to where they should be. Therefore, my family pays the price. Plus, they are going to furlough several hundred of us later this fall. I didn't plan this, it was imposed upon me. I wasn't supposed to happen this way, it just happened. Some people try to make the responsible and smart decisions and choices, and still get screwed. Your view is too simplistic and black and white. Life, on the other hand, has a lot of gray areas.
Umm. Perhaps seek another line of work?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies