Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-27-2008, 07:26 PM

564 posts, read 892,385 times

Advertisements

Wow could this be true? It seems to me America is moving more and more towards a police state? Since when it is a crime to protest and document it? He also states around 2,000 people were arrested 4 years ago in New York at the last RNC? Is America going to be a "Do as your told, or else we'll lock you up" Nation? "Protest and we'll put you in jail for as long as we want?" Something is going on with our freedom, and it is leaving a nasty taste in my mouth. What do you think of this video??

YouTube - Police Seize Journalists Notes About RNC Protest Plans
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-27-2008, 07:43 PM

1,140 posts, read 2,202,641 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by doubbltunman View Post
Wow could this be true? It seems to me America is moving more and more towards a police state? Since when it is a crime to protest and document it? He also states around 2,000 people were arrested 4 years ago in New York at the last RNC? Is America going to be a "Do as your told, or else we'll lock you up" Nation? "Protest and we'll put you in jail for as long as we want?" Something is going on with our freedom, and it is leaving a nasty taste in my mouth. What do you think of this video??

Kinda typical anymore it seems

Old 08-27-2008, 07:55 PM

42,554 posts, read 86,941,000 times
My stepdaughter was an accredited journalist at the RNC in New York. She was videotaping protestors in the street, and without warning, the police swooped in and arrested everybody present. She stayed in jail overnight. She lived in Washington, and was required to go back to New York months later (at her own expense and loss of work) for arraignment, where charges were dropped. Nobody even said "We're sorry".

Old 08-27-2008, 08:00 PM

1,140 posts, read 2,202,641 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jtur88 View Post
My stepdaughter was an accredited journalist at the RNC in New York. She was videotaping protestors in the street, and without warning, the police swooped in and arrested everybody present. She stayed in jail overnight. She lived in Washington, and was required to go back to New York months later (at her own expense and loss of work) for arraignment, where charges were dropped. Nobody even said "We're sorry".
I saw a vid not too long ago where a cop basically body slammed one of the bikers of critical mass and then tried to claim that the guy tried to run him over, until video evidence showed how it actually happened. Guy wasn't arguing with the cop or anything, just road by on his bike with all the other bikers, cop charged him and slammed him off his bike. Was the guy fired? Nope, he was given a desk job and the police union said they supported his actions. The guy assaulted a citizen, lied about it, and got off pretty much scott free. Kinda F**ked up isn't it?

Old 08-27-2008, 08:01 PM

5,758 posts, read 11,632,923 times
The best defense is to carry a camera with a wireless system that broadcasts video live to the internet, where it is saved on multiple servers. That way, even if anything is seized, the video is already out there, and can never be taken back by any authority.

Old 08-27-2008, 08:19 PM

What's going on here? Five years ago, posters would have been all over this topic supporting the police and clamoring for all protestors to be shot. Now, there is widespread agreement that the police are the enemy.

"When I find the majority agrees with me, I rethink my position"---Mark Twain.

I'm getting scared.

Old 08-27-2008, 08:23 PM

3,689 posts, read 10,415,520 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by doubbltunman View Post

not just happening at the RNC, the police in Denver are telling where you can and cannot protest. the places set for protest are several miles from where anything is going on.

Old 08-27-2008, 08:38 PM

9,059 posts, read 12,968,482 times
All liberals (and all citizens for that matter) need to:

1) Get a gun or three
2) Visit shooting range
3) Practice shooting

Repeat #2 and #3 as necessary until you get consistent head and body shots.

A government is always afraid of a well armed and highly accurate populus.

Old 08-27-2008, 08:42 PM

Congress shall make no law . . abridging . . .the right of the people peaceably to assemble . . .
---------------------------

The only amendment to bill of rights that hasn't been trashed yet is the quartering of soldiers in time of peace in private homes without owners consent. But then, nobody can remember a "time of peace" when the US was not at war somewhere.

Last edited by jtur88; 08-27-2008 at 08:51 PM..

Old 08-27-2008, 08:48 PM

5,032 posts, read 12,607,517 times
Thumbs down Bush/Cheney=war criminals

Americans will be in the streets of Minneapolis loudly denouncing the Bush dictatorship & demanding that Republicans hand over the criminals = Bush & the Dick Cheney
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies