Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-19-2007, 10:11 AM

6,884 posts, read 20,401,094 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by tnbound2day View Post
No, actually its the plan that most Americans were to blind to see from the beginning.

The war never was about Iraq. It was about Iran. We secured the back door in Afghanistan, now we've secured 9/10 of the country of Iraq (although the media and liberals want us to lose there so bad they can taste it).

Either way, we have Iran in the middle, and we have Saudi Arabia who does not want Iran to become a huge middle eastern power, even though I suspect the Saudi's arent'as big of an ally as we think. But they share a very common interest in stopping Iran's power hunger.

There is really no need for war with Iran, and even though the Bush haters are convinced that W just wants to bomb some more places before leaving office, I don't see us attacking the Iranian army or civilian areas. Strategic barricades and disruption of their infrastructure would be plenty. The Iranian economy is not doing well and the Ahmadoobadabahooba is not very popular as president there.
Thank God someone here "understands the show".
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-19-2007, 10:15 AM

20,169 posts, read 24,320,493 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by UB50 View Post
I certainly hope not!

It sure seems like this administration is trying to produce another case for war. I'll be very upset if the Democrats don't try to stop it.
If you put any stock in precedence, you might ponder how well the Dems have done in stopping the current wars.

Old 12-19-2007, 10:16 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elishan View Post
It's a shameless propaganda operation. What did that Nazi guy once say? Something about repeating a lie often enough that it becomes believable. You see all these talking heads mindlessly parroting government 'information' and the people accept it.

Is it true that there is still a sizable proportion of the population who STILL believe that Iraq was behind 9/11?

I wonder why.
There is also a sizeable proportion of the population who believe that Bush was behind 9/11.

Lenin called folks like that "useful idiots."

Old 12-19-2007, 10:27 AM

5,407 posts, read 7,793,123 times
I find it ironic US military generals are now acknowledging part of the reason for the current period of calm in Iraq is due to Iran disengaging from any cross border attacks and stirring up trouble. When Bush was hoping for the exact opposite as an excuse to march on with his crusade.

Old 12-19-2007, 11:01 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bily4 View Post
I find it ironic US military generals are now acknowledging part of the reason for the current period of calm in Iraq is due to Iran disengaging from any cross border attacks and stirring up trouble. When Bush was hoping for the exact opposite as an excuse to march on with his crusade.
Nothing ironic about it. Iran is observing circumspection in the certain knowldge that the US under Bush would not be reluctant to punish them for overt actions that threaten our troops in Iraq.

It helps to man up once in a while.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies