U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-07-2007, 02:22 PM

18,696 posts, read 35,446,058 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by greatbasinguide View Post
Bush Administration Changing Light Bulbs

This is one of the best commentaries we have seen on the white house MO

Question: How many members of the Bush Administration does it

Take to change a light bulb ? Answer: TEN

1. One to deny that a light bulb needs to be changed.

2. One to attack the patriotism of anyone who says the light bulb needs to be changed.

3. One to blame Clinton for burning out the light bulb.

4. One to tell the nations of the world that they are either for changing the light bulb or

For eternal darkness.

5. One to give a billion dollar no-bid contract to Halliburton for a new light bulb.

6. One to arrange a photograph of Bush, dressed as a janitor and standing on a step

Ladder, under the banner "Bulb Accomplished."

7. One administration insider to resign and in detail reveal how Bush was literally

"in the dark" the whole time.

8. Another one to viciously smear #7.

9. One surrogate to campaign on TV and at rallies on how George Bush has had a

Strong light bulb-changing policy all along.

10 And finally, one to confuse Americans about the difference between screwing in

A light bulb and screwing the country.

And after all is said and done, no one will notice that they never actually managed to

Change the light bulb.

Pass this on!! Help cure Mad Cowboy Disease..
Just think, in two years you can just change the names and post it again. haha
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-08-2007, 01:29 AM

9,716 posts, read 12,951,402 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jgussler View Post
Just think, in two years you can just change the names and post it again. haha
Hahaha! You wish! Several of those steps are unique to the Bush administration!

Old 02-08-2007, 06:42 PM

1,459 posts, read 4,043,461 times
Default Iran Issues warning

I still think this deal with Iran may get nasty.

http://news.aol.com/topnews/articles...00010000000001

Old 02-08-2007, 06:45 PM

10,189 posts, read 24,476,871 times
It does make me nervous! Very much soon. Too many similar accusations; no back-up and a nice scapegoat!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim280 View Post
I still think this deal with Iran may get nasty.

http://news.aol.com/topnews/articles...00010000000001

Old 02-08-2007, 08:15 PM

I'm seeing more news stories that imply we are going to attack Iran. I also see news stories that Russia is going to be quadrupling their missile defense.

I really don't see happy times ahead. The USA is not some impregnable fortress you know.

We are actually alienating the people who loan us money, our supposed "friends". We're going against their interests -- and everyone wants to pretend that it won't affect them?

You guys might sit here on the USA side and say "Ha! We're better than them! We're smarter and richer..." but that doesn't really hold true. Russian scientists are damn brilliant -- more than our scientists because they don't get a lot of money to work with so all of their plans HAVE to work out before they even create them. China is rolling in cheap dollars because China funds everything for us. We pay China back -- with interest!

China and Russia started teaming up once George Bush announced his "Preemptive war strategy." Old Bushy basically said we could start a war anywhere we wanted to just because we thought they might hit us first. This put the whole world on alert!

So, we reap what we sow. New York and Washington DC seem to be big targets for these people. The midwest seems to be a big target too. LA and the west coast seems to be "not a target" though I'm not sure why not. The biggest reason I can think of that's a "why not" is that a lot of Asian immigrants have moved to the west coast. Los Angeles is really spread out (mile wise) and it's a total melting pot of everyone -- Muslims, Asians, you name it -- total melting pot.

Old 02-08-2007, 09:20 PM

464 posts, read 686,382 times
Quote:
We are actually alienating the people who loan us money, our supposed "friends". We're going against their interests -- and everyone wants to pretend that it won't affect them?
so wat ur saying is that we shouldn't do anything that our "friends" might not like even though it might be the right thing to do, but i'm not saying that going to war was the right thing, but taking sadam out of power was. we're American's, sure were not invinsible, but we're not Russian's or Chinese and shouldn't try and walk on our tiptoes just to make them happy!!!

Old 02-08-2007, 09:29 PM

Russia has just announced that they are going to build more bombs and submarines because they don't trust us. And we've announced that we are moving closer and closer to war with Iran.

And Dick Cheney (for sure) and George Bush (possibly) are moving closer and closer to impeachment...

Hmmmm......
There are so many parts of this story I don't really like.

Old 02-08-2007, 10:05 PM

1,459 posts, read 4,043,461 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by UB50 View Post
Russia has just announced that they are going to build more bombs and submarines because they don't trust us. And we've announced that we are moving closer and closer to war with Iran.

And Dick Cheney (for sure) and George Bush (possibly) are moving closer and closer to impeachment...

Hmmmm......
There are so many parts of this story I don't really like.

Imagine all the things going on behind the scenes that we don't know about.

Old 02-10-2007, 12:27 PM

10,189 posts, read 24,476,871 times
Well, the Government is preparing evidence that Iran is involved with Iraq.

Let's see what they have to say, supposedly, tomorrow!

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20070210/ap_on_go_pr_wh/us_iran_intelligence (broken link)

Old 02-10-2007, 03:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ontheroad View Post
Well, the Government is preparing evidence that Iran is involved with Iraq.

Let's see what they have to say, supposedly, tomorrow!

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20070210/ap_on_go_pr_wh/us_iran_intelligence (broken link)
Doesn't this make you feel safe?! Remember all the great evidence they had before we went to war in Iraq!!!!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or