Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-29-2008, 07:20 PM

6,963 posts, read 20,528,381 times

Advertisements

i know we NEED to move on LOL gimme a break..

watch Smoke Signals - the movie
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-29-2008, 07:57 PM

3,978 posts, read 8,546,566 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by john_starks View Post
all i'm saying is, that its their land, do i care that i have to check pacific islander eventhough i'm sout asian? no...cus i am an immigrant and so is you family (i think)...they deserve the highest ****ing praise......

let cheer for the DNC & yhe RNC .......****ing bull****...

Please leave your cursing out of this thread ...thank you !

Old 08-30-2008, 12:42 PM

3,978 posts, read 8,546,566 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by creeksitter View Post
Well Bill Richardson appeared to have a lot of native (north)american blood, if that makes you feel better. Unfortunately he didn't have the charisma it takes to win.

I've heard Mr Palin is native american, but I hope you don't use that as a reason to vote for his wife. Sarah is not ready to run our country, no way no how. And it's not like she's running with a young healthy candidate where the odds of that happening are slim.

Sure Obama has his shortcomings but he is very smart and smart enough to pick a veep who can help him out with foriegn policy. Obama/Biden will make a great team.
Please read what I posted :
and I quote:
"But I did not post this in defense of the original inhabitants of this country. I posted it in disgust over the hoopla the news media was making over the choice that was made, because of the novelty of it. Thank goodness, the fact that a woman has been picked for the other parties's running mate, it has shifted the interest."

I can continue to repost this if anyone else is incapable of seeing and reading it !

Also :

"But my original post was only to point out the big deal that is being made of the present political news, on TV. But the TV news media loves controversy, more than they love the facts. "

What more do you need to get the point ?

Old 09-21-2010, 08:53 PM

688 posts, read 1,489,086 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Towhee View Post
Since the news media is so excited about the likelyhood that a Black American will soon be our President...when are we going to have an American Indian in that position? If not why not? I certainly think they deserve the position.
David Yeagley or Sonny Landham.

Old 09-21-2010, 09:04 PM

5,251 posts, read 13,809,153 times
Why the hell would a Native American want to be a president of a country that was stolen from the Native Americans?
For $hits and giggles?

Old 09-21-2010, 09:23 PM

688 posts, read 1,489,086 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BPerone201 View Post
Why the hell would a Native American want to be a president of a country that was stolen from the Native Americans?
For $hits and giggles?
I understand where you are coming from, but why not? I would much rather have a REAL American (Indian, Native American, First Nations, whatever term ya' wanna use) than one that we don't even know to start with if he's American citizen, and if he is, his heart certainly doesn't seem with America.

Old 09-21-2010, 10:03 PM

5,251 posts, read 13,809,153 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rxpwas View Post
I understand where you are coming from, but why not? I would much rather have a REAL American (Indian, Native American, First Nations, whatever term ya' wanna use) than one that we don't even know to start with if he's American citizen, and if he is, his heart certainly doesn't seem with America.
I totally agree- But try finding a Native American that's willing to put up with all the hypocrisy and lies he/she must follow to run the corrupt nation that slaughtered the vast majority of its "Natives". I'd would rather see a Native American spit on the Declaration of Independence.
Basically, not too many Native Americans can stomach such a revolting job.

Don't take my words to heart- I love this nation for what it is, but I despise American politics and media. People are coming so feeble-minded and dependent in this nation- All the lies are brainwashing people, hence Obama being our president. Where's the change!

Old 09-21-2010, 10:14 PM

13,809 posts, read 26,546,133 times
Vice President Charles Curtis, Hoover's VP by the looks of it, was like three-eighths American Indian and spent some of his childhood in the Kaw Reservation.

Several ethnic or religious groups have never had a President or VP.

Italian Americans - Argentina, Brazil, Panama, and Paraguay have had Presidents of Italian descent. Uruguay looks to have had at least a VP of Italian descent. So far as I can tell no US President or Vice President has ever been of Italian descent, or at least not of enough Italian descent worth claiming.

Polish American - So far as I can tell no US President or Vice President was of Polish descent. However Costa Rica appears to have had a President of Polish descent.

Asian American - No US President or VP has been of any kind of Asian descent so far as I can tell.

Lutheran - Although there was a Lutheran "President of the Continental Congress" that was something of a ceremonial position. There has never been a Lutheran President or VP.

Old 09-22-2010, 03:47 AM

13,809 posts, read 26,546,133 times
Asian American - No US President or VP has been of any kind of Asian descent so far as I can tell.

Considering what I did on the others I should have mentioned that Peru had a leader of Japanese descent, Alberto Fujimori.

Old 09-22-2010, 03:52 AM

1,873 posts, read 4,408,674 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Towhee View Post
Since the news media is so excited about the likelyhood that a Black American will soon be our President...when are we going to have an American Indian in that position? If not why not? I certainly think they deserve the position.
If he/she's qualified, why not?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies