Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-29-2008, 08:54 PM

2,265 posts, read 3,732,459 times

Advertisements

It's the next step towards the new world order, you will be assimilated.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-29-2008, 09:24 PM

18,949 posts, read 43,596,850 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KevK View Post
Republicans don't care if your kids get poisoned or your dog dies from poisoned food but you would figure they might care just a tiny bit about their own little Hitlers! But then again the only children they care about are fetuses!
Seek professional help. Please.

Old 08-29-2008, 09:52 PM

42,554 posts, read 86,954,125 times
The Chinese poison was a complete red herring. Not a single child died or got seriously ill from the paint or the toothpaste, and we could have continued to import them for years, and in all likelihood, nobody would have died. Please stop talking about these things as crises. Americans kill thousands of babies every year, through bad nutrition, abusive parenting, pharmacy errors, no insurance, the list goes on, and everybody thinks China is a menace. The Chinese haven't killed a single American kid. Ever. We kill them ourselves. The truth it, it was not the Chinese fault at all. These products are made to US specifications for US companies, who endanger everyone by failing to put quality control in place at the factories where their products are made. This is a cost-cutting consideration for the American company, whose profits are being made at the expense of your safety.

You say you care about the kids who chew the lead off Chinese toys. If you're so concerned, see that everybody can go to the doctor for free if they have symptoms. Oh. no, you're not THAT concerned, are you?

Old 08-30-2008, 12:58 AM

1,417 posts, read 1,156,855 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KevK View Post
Republicans don't care if your kids get poisoned or your dog dies from poisoned food but you would figure they might care just a tiny bit about their own little Hitlers! But then again the only children they care about are fetuses!
Do you not expect me to believe what you just posted is leftist propoganda? Sure sounds like it

Old 08-30-2008, 09:20 AM

6,022 posts, read 7,828,066 times
hmm tsk tsk tsk, i guarantee u these republicans wont be eating it....

remeber when bush was eccouraged to lower the standards on the meat we consume where in the hell was the outrage of americans.

i can only shake my head in disbelief why ppl would want to risk the health of people...

Old 08-30-2008, 09:21 AM

6,022 posts, read 7,828,066 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Californio View Post
Do you not expect me to believe what you just posted is leftist propoganda? Sure sounds like it
leftist why is everything so oppositinal? ther fact is republicans have a recod of lowering standards that shoulld be high

Old 08-30-2008, 09:34 AM

6,218 posts, read 7,727,849 times
WHY??????????? must everything be the problem, of the government? And by extension, immediatley the fault of the evil republicans? You got information, use the information....Personal responsibility should be a part of every adult's routine. I certainly dont need a Demoncrat to tell me whats good for me, or to control every little part of my life. Only leftist robots need the daily programming from their masters. Leftist propaganda indeed.........

Old 08-30-2008, 10:26 AM

19,198 posts, read 31,471,463 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by yachtcare View Post
WHY??????????? must everything be the problem, of the government? And by extension, immediatley the fault of the evil republicans? You got information, use the information....Personal responsibility should be a part of every adult's routine. I certainly dont need a Demoncrat to tell me whats good for me, or to control every little part of my life. Only leftist robots need the daily programming from their masters. Leftist propaganda indeed.........
How long is it going to take you to do the weekly grocery shopping if you have to do plant and animal health inspection testing before you put anything into the basket? What are the implications for national prductivity if everyone has to do this? Would it not be wiser for us all to establish a single entity to do such inspections and certifications in advance on behalf of all of us?

Old 08-30-2008, 10:34 AM

20,300 posts, read 22,217,585 times
3 cases in 5 years. I can understand the panic. How many cases of TB have come accross the border with illegals?
How many people have died from the drugs that cross that same border?
How many children have been taken back accross that border for reasons unthinkable?
Mad cow disease should be a standard testing but lets put things into perspective. Many more people men, women and children have been killed by Illegals than madcow disease. What should our priority really be?
I agree we need to test, I just don't agree that its a threat equal to the southern border problems.

Old 08-30-2008, 11:01 AM

42,554 posts, read 86,954,125 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by yachtcare View Post
That's the point. People have the information and they do NOT use it. Nutrition information is printed on the side of every container of food sold in the Unites States (thanks to the government), yet failure to heed the information has resulted in a world-leading 30% adult obesity rate, and a sodium-triggered cardiac death rate second to none. Nutrition has been happily left to personal responsibility, and Americans probably have, nutritionally, the worst diet of any middle-class people on earth, and a life expectance below the average for industrialized nations. In fact, the average American has a life expectancy only 1.5 years more than the average Mexican, thanks to the reliance on (a virtually absent) personal responsibility to make such judgments. Of course, the government is not without its faults. What is the most heavily subsidized food product in the United States? Milk? Bread? Nope. Sugar!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies