Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 08-30-2014, 01:18 PM

23,856 posts, read 13,743,685 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by GHOSTRIDER AZ View Post
Who cares, we all make mistakes and things happen. To paint Gov. Palin less than a moral person is crazy talk.

Just anther way the left fears Ms. Palin and her following. Let me give you a clue.

"No is Perfect and no one is free of sin"

Get over it!

Shame on you guys!

As a leftie, I care not at all when pregnancy takes place in relation to a wedding date. I certainly don't think of it as "sin". (Actually, I don't think in terms of "sin" at all.)

But I do care when righties condemn only non-righties for being human.

Old 08-30-2014, 01:59 PM

15,529 posts, read 10,496,731 times
I'm not nuts about Palin either. However, family values or not, the original post is petty darn sexist. Then I saw it's location, Raymond, MS. They are so backwards, they probably still require bastardy bonds.

Old 08-30-2014, 05:09 PM

8,425 posts, read 12,183,056 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nmnita View Post
but that wasn't what was said: yes, Nancy was about 2 months pregnant when they were married. I am very much aware of what Nancy has and has not said. Unless Patti was a premie, no one needs a calculator to know this.
Oh, I said Reagan's first child. I should have specified Reagan's first child with Nancy, that would have been more better.

Did you get the point of all this? The point was that it happens across all political lines and we should move on to political issues.

Unless you want to continue to score vapid debating points.

Old 08-30-2014, 05:26 PM

1,179 posts, read 1,552,657 times

Old 08-30-2014, 06:38 PM

77,771 posts, read 104,711,350 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jacqueg View Post
As a leftie, I care not at all when pregnancy takes place in relation to a wedding date. I certainly don't think of it as "sin". (Actually, I don't think in terms of "sin" at all.)

But I do care when righties condemn only non-righties for being human.
this has nothing to do with who condemns who. Most people, right or left do not condemn those having sex prior to marriage. Some do condemn those who choose to not support children born out of wedlock and some think abstaining is better than sex prior to marriage, but that isn't the same as condemning those who have other ideas.

Old 08-30-2014, 06:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Manigault View Post
Oh, I said Reagan's first child. I should have specified Reagan's first child with Nancy, that would have been more better.

Did you get the point of all this? The point was that it happens across all political lines and we should move on to political issues.

Unless you want to continue to score vapid debating points.
Do you really think any of us are naïve enough to think pre marital sex and pregnancy only happens to one party. Has anyone said that recently? and who brought this post up to begin with, not a Republican. It was simply as nay, nay, nay post and a little childish I think.

Old 08-30-2014, 06:56 PM

2,075 posts, read 2,137,313 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Utopian Slums View Post
PS- That fetus aborted, may have been the next uni - bomber.
Might have been the next POTUS as well. What is amazing is that this particular speculation could garner
as much response as it has. It must be a really slow night.........

Old 08-30-2014, 07:25 PM

23,856 posts, read 13,743,685 times
Quote:
this has nothing to do with who condemns who. Most people, right or left do not condemn those having sex prior to marriage.
I hope you are right, but that is sure not the impression I get from conservative talking heads.

Do you know of any surveys/polls on this subject?

Quote:
Some do condemn those who choose to not support children born out of wedlock and some think abstaining is better than sex prior to marriage, but that isn't the same as condemning those who have other ideas.
I agree, children need to be supported, and only a pathetic excuse of a man would abandon a pregnant woman. He need not marry her if he doesn't want her for a wife, but he does need to put his man pants on and help her deal with the pregnancy/child.

Old 08-30-2014, 09:40 PM

8,425 posts, read 12,183,056 times
Quote:
Do you really think any of us are naïve enough to think pre marital sex and pregnancy only happens to one party. Has anyone said that recently? and who brought this post up to begin with, not a Republican. It was simply as nay, nay, nay post and a little childish I think.
They why your 'gotcha' statement about Reagan? Particularly when you knew he married Nancy after she swallowed a watermelon seed?

Why defend Reagan against what you consider a 'childish' accusation?

If you think about it, the issue involves conservatives talking the talk but not walking the walk. Take that away as the point of the discussion.

Old 08-31-2014, 04:42 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Manigault View Post
They why your 'gotcha' statement about Reagan? Particularly when you knew he married Nancy after she swallowed a watermelon seed?

Why defend Reagan against what you consider a 'childish' accusation?

If you think about it, the issue involves conservatives talking the talk but not walking the walk. Take that away as the point of the discussion.
not a childish accusation, or that wasn't what I was referring to, but a childish thread period. Look even at the comments you are making now: she swallowed a watermelon seed, or a couple other statements, sounds pretty silly wouldn't you say? Of I guess you wouldn't. Even claiming Reagan's first child was conceived prior to marriage, shows a lack of knowledge or a misstatement. That was my original point. Regardless these thing happened 50 plus years ago and mean nothing. Why do people on the left think it is necessary to talk about it or bring it up? The same would be true if those on the right did it. This started out to be about Sarah and then spread to this couple and that couple: as the all to famous saying goes: what difference does it make?

Can you tell me or show me one place where I was defending Reagan or criticizing for that matter. I really do not care who does what in their private lives as long as it isn't hurting anyone, and isn't illegal. This goes for people of all faiths, political parties, colors, sexual orientations, etc.

You are right it happens across all lines, so would you like to explain why you choose to bring up which Republicans had pregnant wives at the alter? My point, over and out, end of subject.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies