Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 08-30-2014, 07:43 AM

8,425 posts, read 12,179,639 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by nmnita View Post
wrong, Reagan's first child was born almost 1 year to the day after his marriage to Jayne Wyman. look it up!
Not Reagan's first child with Nancy! Mrs. Reagan has admitted that she was on the nest when she walked down the aisle.

Quote:
Ronald Reagan and Nancy Davis (March 4, 1952): Which future American president walked down the aisle with a pregnant bride? "Nancy was three months pregnant when she and Ronnie walked down the aisle," says Solomon. The MGM movie studio didn't mention that detail — in the staid 1950s, Reagan's previous divorce was scandal enough. "There's no way to hide it. (Less than eight) months after they were married, she gave birth and the baby definitely wasn't premature," he says.
Celebrity wedding facts - Chicago Tribune

Old 08-30-2014, 09:34 AM

9,191 posts, read 21,868,965 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Manigault View Post
Not Reagan's first child with Nancy! Mrs. Reagan has admitted that she was on the nest when she walked down the aisle.

Well, which is better? Getting your girlfriend/fiancee pregnant--and then doing the right thing by marrying her and taking care of your family--or hit-and-run babydaddies?

Too many are unwilling to do the right thing.

Old 08-30-2014, 09:48 AM

15,047 posts, read 8,867,870 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cathy4017 View Post
Well, which is better? Getting your girlfriend/fiancee pregnant--and then doing the right thing by marrying her and taking care of your family--or hit-and-run babydaddies?

Too many are unwilling to do the right thing.
Fine, do "the right thing" then, but do it quietly and without judging everybody else for how they handle making the same mistake you did.

But that's not what happens. Rightwingers like Sarah Palin push abstinence as a "family value," but don't practice what they preach. Both she and her two oldest kids had children conceived out of wedlock (proving that abstinence is an abject failure as a form of birth control, but that's another topic), yet somehow she feels she has the moral authority to preach to everyone else?

Only in rightwing land does she have a leg to stand on here. But rightwingers do love their hypocrites.

Last edited by HeyJude514; 08-30-2014 at 09:58 AM..

Old 08-30-2014, 09:54 AM

9,191 posts, read 21,868,965 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HeyJude514 View Post
Fine, do "the right thing" then, but do it quietly and without judging everybody else for how they handle making the same mistake you did.

But that's not what happens. Rightwingers like Sarah Palin push abstinence as an acceptable "family value," but don't practice what they preach. Both she and her two oldest kids had children conceived out of wedlock (proving that abstinence is an abject failure as a form of birth control, but that's another topic), yet somehow she feels she has the moral authority to preach to everyone else?

Only in rightwing land does she have a leg to stand on here. But rightwingers do love their hypocrites.
I didn't make that mistake. Ever.

And I DO agree with you that it is absolutely hypocritical to preach abstinence when neither you nor your kids practiced the same.

But knocking somebody up and then running out on her is NEVER, EVER the right thing to do.

Old 08-30-2014, 09:57 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cathy4017 View Post
I didn't make that mistake. Ever.
I was using the universal "you." Sorry if you took it to mean I was talking about you specifically. It wasn't meant that way.

Old 08-30-2014, 10:00 AM

6,073 posts, read 4,746,641 times
Quote:

But that's not what happens. Rightwingers like Sarah Palin push abstinence as a "family value," but don't practice what they preach. Both she and her two oldest kids had children conceived out of wedlock (proving that abstinence is an abject failure as a form of birth control, but that's another topic), yet somehow she feels she has the moral authority to preach to everyone else?

sarah palin has a career because of people like you being obsessed with her. if you people would ignore her, she'd go away.

Old 08-30-2014, 10:01 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lionsgators View Post
sarah palin has a career because of people like you being obsessed with her. if you people would ignore her, she'd go away.
If she'd go away we could ignore her.

Old 08-30-2014, 10:14 AM

6,073 posts, read 4,746,641 times
Quote:
If she'd go away we could ignore her.
I haven't heard or seen her speak since 2008. you seem to have little self control. I will quote the movie private parts.

Researcher: 'The average radio listener listens for eighteen minutes. The average Howard Stern fan listens for - are you ready for this? - an hour and twenty minutes.'
Pig Vomit: 'How can that be?'
Researcher: 'Answer most commonly given? "I want to see what he'll say next."'
Pig Vomit: 'Okay, fine. But what about the people who hate Stern?'
Researcher: 'Good point. The average Stern hater listens for two and a half hours a day.'
Pig Vomit: 'But if they hate him, why do they listen?'
Researcher: 'Most common answer? "I want to see what he'll say next."'

Old 08-30-2014, 10:17 AM

8,061 posts, read 4,882,876 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NWS View Post
Found on the internet:
In her acceptance speech in Dayton today, Gov. Sarah Palin announced that she and her husband are celebrating their 20th wedding anniversary, which means they were married on August 29, 1988.

On April 20, 1989 - less than eight months after they eloped - their first son, Track, was born.

I think I can guess the real reason why they eloped, and it wasn't to save money on an expensive wedding.

The Republican party is the party of family values??
Who cares, we all make mistakes and things happen. To paint Gov. Palin less than a moral person is crazy talk.

Just anther way the left fears Ms. Palin and her following. Let me give you a clue.

"No is Perfect and no one is free of sin"

Get over it!

Shame on you guys!

Old 08-30-2014, 11:21 AM

77,771 posts, read 104,672,365 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Manigault View Post

but that wasn't what was said: yes, Nancy was about 2 months pregnant when they were married. I am very much aware of what Nancy has and has not said. Unless Patti was a premie, no one needs a calculator to know this.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies