Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 11-16-2010, 06:11 PM

5,800 posts, read 6,564,313 times

Advertisements

Don't forget that many prominent female journalists were not journalism majors in college.

Most notably among them would have to be Jane Pauley, who graduated from Indiana University with a degree in home economics.

Old 11-16-2010, 11:00 PM

19,112 posts, read 30,615,755 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by varmintblaster View Post
I remember a bunch of liberal hairy-legged liberal hags wearing flat shoes complaining awhile ago about how the Fox Female news anchors wear short skirts..

Sounded like nothing more than cackle of jealous hens...

Liberal hair-legged liberal hags wearing flat shoes? Really?

Old 11-17-2010, 12:21 AM

5,365 posts, read 6,332,972 times
I never understood either why Fox seems to broadcast strictly hot, Blonde, big breasted women. I'm sure those women are certified to do their jobs, but I can't help but think there is some type of specific selection going on........

Old 11-17-2010, 12:36 AM

764 posts, read 1,556,918 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Refugee56 View Post
Every time I turn on FOXNEWS I can not get over how attractive the women are reporting the news. Where do they find these women? They have to be the sexist things I have ever seen. More attractive and sexy than the women in Playboy or Miss America.

But they are generally so pretty and blond and wearing so much makeup and so girly, that it had to believe anyone is taking them seriously and paying much attention to the political issue they are talking about. These are sex symbols not true Jornalists, aren't they?

(Please, lets not talk about the right ring slant of FOX just the FOXNEWS Gals)
Actually, Gretchen Carlson was miss america, and she graduated from Stanford University with honors. So i dont think she is too dumb.

Old 11-17-2010, 08:00 AM

243 posts, read 274,756 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stillkit View Post
So, you prefer a right wing slant to your news? In other words, tell me what I want to hear?
Pretty much. I can't think of any news org that doesn't slant one way or another, and I'd rather watch the one that doesn't get me to cussing the tv. It's not going to change my mind anyways, I've already made up my mind.

Old 11-17-2010, 08:02 AM

22,229 posts, read 17,846,493 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by InsaneTraveler View Post
I never understood either why Fox seems to broadcast strictly hot, Blonde, big breasted women. I'm sure those women are certified to do their jobs, but I can't help but think there is some type of specific selection going on........
As long as you keep the sound off, they are perfectly all right.

Old 11-17-2010, 08:09 AM

20,454 posts, read 12,372,428 times
? where are the liberal feminists decrying this sexist thread?

why am I (conservative white dude ) having to point out the unfair sexism this thread represents?

C-D is diminished because of this thread.

Old 11-17-2010, 09:37 AM

9,888 posts, read 10,817,438 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Refugee56 View Post
Every time I turn on FOXNEWS I can not get over how attractive the women are reporting the news. Where do they find these women? They have to be the sexist things I have ever seen. More attractive and sexy than the women in Playboy or Miss America.

But they are generally so pretty and blond and wearing so much makeup and so girly, that it had to believe anyone is taking them seriously and paying much attention to the political issue they are talking about. These are sex symbols not true Jornalists, aren't they?

(Please, lets not talk about the right ring slant of FOX just the FOXNEWS Gals)
Greta Van Susteren.............

Old 11-17-2010, 09:56 AM

19,112 posts, read 30,615,755 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ferd View Post
? where are the liberal feminists decrying this sexist thread?

why am I (conservative white dude ) having to point out the unfair sexism this thread represents?

C-D is diminished because of this thread.
I'm a liberal feminist and I couldn't care less what fox 'news' does...they can hire the blondest, bimboiest airheads they want. If that increases viewership so be it.

When are we gonna get some of the guys who do 'Thunder from Down Under' to start reading the news topless???? We ladies need some eye candy too!!

Old 11-17-2010, 10:09 AM

20,454 posts, read 12,372,428 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JetJockey View Post
I'm a liberal feminist and I couldn't care less what fox 'news' does...they can hire the blondest, bimboiest airheads they want. If that increases viewership so be it.

When are we gonna get some of the guys who do 'Thunder from Down Under' to start reading the news topless???? We ladies need some eye candy too!!
The point of this thread is that fox women cannot be taken seriously because of the way they look.

instead of taking the OP to task, you make funny about the subject.

not much of a feminist if you ask me...

and this is precisely the problem. "feminism" is now a tool to advance liberalism.

It is NOT about insuring fare treatment for all women.

personally I am disgusted.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.