Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 11-17-2010, 10:22 AM

243 posts, read 274,113 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ferd View Post
The point of this thread is that fox women cannot be taken seriously because of the way they look.

instead of taking the OP to task, you make funny about the subject.

not much of a feminist if you ask me...

and this is precisely the problem. "feminism" is now a tool to advance liberalism.

It is NOT about insuring fare treatment for all women.

personally I am disgusted.
Didn't you know about the left double standard? It's perfectly okay for them to be bigoted,sexist or whatever lib term you want to use, it's only wrong if someone other than a lib does it. By the way all the groups under the libs are only tools for advancing liberalism, which is why I'd love to see a country (NOT this one)made up of nothing but far left groups it would go from Eden to Hayti in a week.

Old 11-17-2010, 10:29 AM

8,560 posts, read 11,176,229 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZGACK View Post
Megan Kelly on Fox News.....WOW
And sharp as a tack to boot.
Megan Kelly is a former prosecutor. Monica Crowley (methinks) is a PhD. Kimberly Guilfoyle served as an Assistant District Attorney at the San Francisco District Attorney's Office from 2000 to 2004 and was married to Gavin Newsome.. SF mayor, now California Lt Gov - elect.

Old 11-17-2010, 11:23 AM

19,112 posts, read 30,548,898 times
Quote:
The point of this thread is that fox women cannot be taken seriously because of the way they look.

instead of taking the OP to task, you make funny about the subject.

not much of a feminist if you ask me...

and this is precisely the problem. "feminism" is now a tool to advance liberalism.

It is NOT about insuring fare treatment for all women.

personally I am disgusted.
Oh sheesh, get that stick out of your rear and calm down, it was just a little joke

I have plenty of friends who are gorgeous, well educated and feminists.... I guess only butch women are 'allowed' to be successful feminists by your standards.

I've always been under the impression that news anchors are just actors and actresses...nothing more. They're there to smile, look pretty and entertain... they don't need to be intelligent. They just need to be able to read.

Old 11-17-2010, 11:28 AM

20,395 posts, read 12,295,051 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JetJockey View Post
Oh sheesh, get that stick out of your rear and calm down, it was just a little joke

I have plenty of friends who are gorgeous, well educated and feminists.... I guess only butch women are 'allowed' to be successful feminists by your standards.

I've always been under the impression that news anchors are just actors and actresses...nothing more. They're there to smile, look pretty and entertain... they don't need to be intelligent. They just need to be able to read.

there we go with that "I have friends thing"

and by my standard, each person regardless of looks, sex, or race should be valued for who they are. credibility should not be a function of looks... good or bad.

yours was a joke. but the thread isnt. you (the one claiminng to be a feminist) didnt say a blessed word in opposition to this sexist thread.

but I get it. It is ok to be sexist when the object is precieved to be the enemy of the left.

Old 11-17-2010, 11:34 AM

996 posts, read 1,049,829 times
Quote:
yours was a joke. but the thread isnt. you (the one claiminng to be a feminist) didnt say a blessed word in opposition to this sexist thread.

but I get it. It is ok to be sexist when the object is precieved to be the enemy of the left.
I'm willing to bet thet if you put her in a lineup with the female Fox commentators, you'd have your answer....

Old 11-17-2010, 11:39 AM

Quote:
there we go with that "I have friends thing"

and by my standard, each person regardless of looks, sex, or race should be valued for who they are. credibility should not be a function of looks... good or bad.

I didn't say a 'blessed word in opposition' to this thread because...well...mostly because I just don't care.

Of course credibility should not be a function of looks...but you're an idiot if you think the world thinks like that. Attractive people will always be more successful whether or not they deserve it. It's an unfortunate true fact of life.

Just look at all the threads calling Rachael Maddow a man, and referring to Michelle Obama as 'Moochell' Obama. I'm sure you came to their defense in every one of those threads.

Old 11-17-2010, 11:47 AM

20,395 posts, read 12,295,051 times
Quote:
I didn't say a 'blessed word in opposition' to this thread because...well...mostly because I just don't care.

Of course credibility should not be a function of looks...but you're an idiot if you think the world thinks like that. Attractive people will always be more successful whether or not they deserve it. It's an unfortunate true fact of life.

Just look at all the threads calling Rachael Maddow a man, and referring to Michelle Obama as 'Moochell' Obama. I'm sure you came to their defense in every one of those threads.
you lost any credibility in your claim of being a feminist with those 4 words.

Old 11-17-2010, 11:53 AM

Quote:
you lost any credibility in your claim of being a feminist with those 4 words.
Why? Because I don't fit into your neat little feminist mold? And I didn't mean I didn't care about women being treated fairly, I mean I didn't care about this particular thread....full of random internet opinions. I don't take anything on this board seriously.

Old 11-17-2010, 11:53 AM

996 posts, read 1,049,829 times
Quote:
What role do you think Richard plays in his relationship with his significant other.. (I bet his nickname is Butch).

Moochell need to lay off the french fries....

Old 11-17-2010, 12:00 PM

19,893 posts, read 18,381,440 times
Who says that Beauty and brains, are not a good fit, apparently on Fox the Anchor Women are not only beautiful, but very smart.

Hate to say it, but as a Women myself, they put the other Anchor Women on other News Outlets to shame. No i am not Gay, but such an easy observation.

And some are lawyers and pretty.

A Women can be Beautiful, and very Smart, and do her Job Well, what's the problem.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies