Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-25-2013, 07:28 PM

56,988 posts, read 35,198,461 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by no1brownsfan View Post
Well, I can say that as a white person, if you're using those slurs followed by an attempt to assault me, then yes, s*** would escalate quickly. Otherwise, take someone using racial slurs for what they are... an insecure a-hole!
I do take it that way.

Still though, I'm not just gonna leave it at that. I can't...not even if I tried.

Old 02-25-2013, 07:29 PM

1,730 posts, read 1,362,280 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Etienne007 View Post
Why are white people not offended by slurs like kracker, honky or white trash?

Racist/ Nazi, is probaly the most offensive slur to a white person
Because we've got better things to do with our time.
Earning a living, raising our kids, family activities.
Be nice if certain other races could get with the program.

Old 02-25-2013, 07:31 PM

15,896 posts, read 11,988,465 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by desertdetroiter View Post
I do take it that way.

Still though, I'm not just gonna leave it at that. I can't...not even if I tried.
If they've resulted to name calling then they've already lost.

Old 02-25-2013, 07:38 PM

15,896 posts, read 11,988,465 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DoD Guy View Post
Oh come on now??!! generalize much?

Old 02-25-2013, 08:07 PM

4,505 posts, read 6,482,709 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ollie1946 View Post
You may not have noted that I said "as they define it [dignity]. A cultural definition can lead to all sorts of mayhem. But your rant Rant? Um okay... belies a person who is very insecure LOL Okay and was likely bullied on the playground. Have seen that. People who use lots of words are in trouble in a confrontation. You've not seen me in a confrontation, except maybe online when all you use are words...DUH! The fact that you were a "door man" speaks volumes like someone who was bullied becomes a cop. Payback time??? Generalize and stereotype much? Most small minded people do... fact is the reason why I was successful at it and usually in chrage of who gets in was the fact that I maintained my cool when most couldn't...hardly a trait of someone insecure!

But in any case, you missed my point entirely and took off on your own rabbit trail. Whites, many of them, are taught at an early age to be feminized and the idea of manhood and masculinity are severely lacking.Generalize much? RACIST! And my dad did teach me that when confronted, punch for the nose with no preliminaries and hopefully stun the fool. Then you pound and pound until he is a bleeding mess. Someones WORDS can make most unintelligent people react physically...faster if they're insecure as well...got sumthin'to PROOOOOVE MAN! You are unlikely to get a KO, I'll bet you are unlikely! but the idea is to beat him senseless while hopefully taking little punishment yourself and retaining your dignity as a man in front of your wife or girlfriend. Got sumthin' to PROOOVE? Naturally, the best way is to avoid a problem with commonsense, Oh...Yah THINK? but there comes a time when that doesn't work and the bully shows up.

Using my dad's advice, I hit a bigger kid with a brick So you felt inadequate at an early age and resorted to weapons...I SEE... in elementary school given his propensity for picking on me. Luckily I did not kill him but I got sent to the principals office and had to write on the board a 100 times "I will not....". Of course today, the cops would come and arrest a kid. We love this government indoctrination of having our problems solved by someone else. Often it just doesn't work that way.

My dad was an amateur boxer.
...Sounds like he was an amateur dad as well...

I'm sorry for you, but as an adult, it's your responsibility to grow up!

Old 02-25-2013, 08:24 PM

1,738 posts, read 2,078,365 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyborgt800 View Post
Any animal will attack if it feels threatened...they're stupid and have no other means of coping! A CIVILIZED person has options.

A person who is intelligent and secure with themselves doesn't allow another person to control their actions or emotions with WORDS!

I can easily make an insecure, stupid person cross the line by merely using WORDS...when they cross that line, their @ss is mine!

Not allowing yourself to be provoked is not about being manly, tough or proud...actually someone seeking to prove they HAVE those things is showing how weak and insecure they are! Not allowing yourself to be provoked shows character, class and DIGNITY.
I agree

Old 02-25-2013, 08:31 PM

1,738 posts, read 2,078,365 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spaten_Drinker View Post
I don't see anything offensive in being called a "cracker". The name was given to the guy who used the whip on the slaves. There is nothing derogatory about that.

I don't recall anyone in my family ever being near any slaves.
In some places the term "cracker' has a different meaning. It's short for coal cracker, and there's certainly no shame in that

http://coalcrackerhick.tripod.com/id4.html

Last edited by faeryedark; 02-25-2013 at 08:41 PM..

Old 02-25-2013, 10:43 PM

3,633 posts, read 5,789,009 times
I'm white (Italian-American to be exact) and I'm not offended by those terms at all. I usually laugh, and say yeah whatever, when people call me any of those names.

Old 02-25-2013, 10:53 PM

15,370 posts, read 39,113,750 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by southernnaturelover View Post
Why don't you think they apply to you? What else do you think "******" and "kracker" means?

(I see it's censored)
Because i am better in EVERY way then those that use those words.

Old 02-25-2013, 10:55 PM

41,110 posts, read 25,734,548 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DoD Guy
Quote:
Originally Posted by no1brownsfan View Post
Oh come on now??!! generalize much?
Well it is what it is and obviously you know what he is talking about because it is what it is.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies