Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-08-2008, 06:56 PM

1,718 posts, read 2,424,569 times

Advertisements

OP you said in one post that you were being sarcastic. Did you mean the entire thing to be sarcastic?

I'm really hoping you were. If not well, to borrow a Bush tactic that's the most unpatriotic thing I've ever read. How the country is doing and whether or not people are suffering has nothing to do with red states and blue states. Party lines have no place in the good of the entire country. To cheer him in one for the other is nothing short of disgusting. Moreover, the ethanol you site so fondly came from a democratic bill.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-08-2008, 06:57 PM

4,334 posts, read 13,658,354 times
What? Say that again?

Old 09-08-2008, 06:58 PM

30,907 posts, read 32,987,929 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SGrey View Post
(snip) that's the most unpatriotic thing I've ever read.
EXACTLY.

I read that and just thought, "Holy crap."

God help us all, these are the people who will be up at the crack of dawn to vote.

Old 09-08-2008, 07:04 PM

1,458 posts, read 3,283,083 times
Sorry! Wow, I don't usually post in the Politics forum, but now I know why because you get hazed!

Basically just wanted to outline the economic result of the last 8 years as outlined by party lines. Anyhow, back to your bickering.

-chuck22b

Old 09-08-2008, 07:09 PM

26,212 posts, read 19,512,088 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JerZ View Post
"Down with Blue"? You're glad that portions of America experienced financial devastation?

Good God. Disgusting.

"Country first" my *ss. I mean seriously, what the hell is wrong with you? What sane person would be glad for any portion of the U.S. being financially weakened?

"The libs" are so un-American, eh? I don't see any of us crowing and gloating about financial difficulties, people being out of jobs, etc. Sick.
Indeed. You just illustrated the differences in thinking between Left and Right.

Old 09-08-2008, 08:52 PM

3,555 posts, read 7,847,411 times
So let me see if I've got this right; the GOOD stuff that came out of the last 8 years is all to Bush's credit, but the downturn in real estate and manufacturing isn't his fault. Typical Republican tale; take the credit, shift the blame.

golfgod

Old 09-08-2008, 09:06 PM

7,474 posts, read 22,876,449 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by golfgod View Post
So let me see if I've got this right; the GOOD stuff that came out of the last 8 years is all to Bush's credit, but the downturn in real estate and manufacturing isn't his fault. Typical Republican tale; take the credit, shift the blame.

golfgod
golfie, you seems to be so intellegent,, how did you ever become a demo? Not too late ... join us, be on the winning side, we won't tell you once were wrong....

Old 09-08-2008, 09:17 PM

3,555 posts, read 7,847,411 times
Donn;

The answer to how I became a D is pretty easy, I just anticipated John McCain's 2008 campaign slogan (country first) by a few years. I was a R precinct chair until a few years ago. BTW that was in TX so I knew what kind of dirty campaign the Bushies could run. I was a McCain guy in 2000 until he wouldn't stand up to the Bushies.

As to the country first part. I've got mine buddy. I'm one of those "upper income" types who really DID GET THEIR TAXES CUT, by Reagan and Jr. Unlike most of the people who "think" Reagan cut their taxes, but unfortunately their math skills are as poor as their spelling and grammar skills.

Anyway, I hold a couple of degrees in Economics and I KNOW what damage the deficit causes. It won't hurt my kids, I don't have any, but like I said "country first". The difference between me and McCain is for me it's a way of life, for him it's just another throwaway campaign line.

golfgod

Old 09-08-2008, 09:21 PM

42,554 posts, read 86,936,034 times
Yeah. Bush just paid $200,000,000,000 of my children's money, to raise the DOW by 290 points (and it will be back down by the firt of October.) Where did he get that money? Did he save it by pulling out of Iraq?

Old 09-08-2008, 09:22 PM

1,372 posts, read 3,763,978 times
Many of the blue states have Democratic governments and they choose to enact laws that kill off their own business. They make their own poison, if you will. Look at Michigan; a solid democrat-union state that killed itself, and Detroit was the main reason for this. It has a lot less to do with the federal government than you think.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies