Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 02-06-2007, 09:01 PM

178 posts, read 735,184 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedWingsFan View Post
Trust me, a lot of people agree with you. But it's not politcally correct to say so because they will be called a racist or something similar. But there are many people that agree with you.

Kind of reminds me when I spent two years teaching in schools. There are posters all over that read "celebrate diversity" and there are black and hispanic clubs. No white clubs at all mind you. And you know what they are saying when they want to celebrate diversity? That if there is room full of white people then that's no celebration, it's only a celebration if other races are involved. They act as if there's something wrong with a group of white people getting together. No other race is treated like that for coming together, only white people. It's a shame.
Well, the last time a group of white people only got together they all
wore white sheets with holes for eyes and mouths.

Old 02-07-2007, 04:15 AM

30,345 posts, read 51,937,226 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cosmic View Post
Yes, in order for everybody to be equal, we need more White Clubs, especially White Men Clubs. Everybody should have the same opportunities, something should be "Reserved" just for White People. How can you have a system where a large part of the participates are excluded.
Don't we already have those?? They're called Country Clubs. Until a short time ago, my people (Jews) were even excluded from them... my dad wanted a place to play golf around here, so he specifically joined a Jewish-founded club, since it was too hypocritical to join a formerly "exclusive" one.

Old 02-07-2007, 06:24 AM

9,367 posts, read 25,210,572 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gizmo980 View Post
Don't we already have those?? They're called Country Clubs. Until a short time ago, my people (Jews) were even excluded from them... my dad wanted a place to play golf around here, so he specifically joined a Jewish-founded club, since it was too hypocritical to join a formerly "exclusive" one.
You're right. I remember that. I remember asking my mom about it as a child and she said "well at least it keeps those kinds of people in one place"- meaning those who are bigoted. I also remember seeing signs posted in front of Miami businesses telling Jews to stay out. Now THAT just shows that God has a sense of humor, as the Jews have done so much for Miami and the state of Florida in general!

I have come to appreciate more and more something that I have pretty much taken for granted- growing up in a family where we were taught that it is not only right to see all people equally, but that we have a responsibility to speak out when others don't. Now raising two more generations of the same

Another mommyism I was taught- All men are created equal until they prove that they are not. (This was during her pre-feminism days!)

I think I'll shoot her an e-mail and thank her!

Old 02-08-2007, 11:49 AM

147 posts, read 241,114 times
Default Freedom of association in the U.S.

We are supposed to have freedom of association in this country. We should be able to be with people we want to associate with without being criticized. We need to keep this freedom or we will lose it.

The Congressional Black Caucus does not allow whites in. They have freedom of association. Why can't other groups?

Old 02-08-2007, 11:56 AM

5,019 posts, read 14,114,232 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LastDallasNative View Post
We are supposed to have freedom of association in this country. We should be able to be with people we want to associate with without being criticized. We need to keep this freedom or we will lose it.

The Congressional Black Caucus does not allow whites in. They have freedom of association. Why can't other groups?

There's a thread on the Black Caucus here:

Black Cacucus: Whites Not Allowed

Old 02-08-2007, 12:07 PM

10,203 posts, read 27,118,785 times
I would appreciate if you would elaborate on this "freedom of association." Is this a law? Is it a constitutional amendment? I don't recall reading or experiencing this freedom!

And yes, as plaidmom mentions above, a thread does exist about the Caucus. You may enjoy reading it!

Quote:
Originally Posted by LastDallasNative View Post

Old 02-08-2007, 01:01 PM

172 posts, read 309,343 times
It isn't called the White House for no reason.

Old 02-08-2007, 01:16 PM

603 posts, read 1,995,698 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Elishan View Post
Well it's obvious, it is the color white and it is a house.

Old 02-08-2007, 03:07 PM

1,281 posts, read 2,367,468 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Elishan View Post
"Free from color habitat" was too long to refer to it.

Old 02-08-2007, 06:08 PM

603 posts, read 1,995,698 times
Vincent Carroll, Rocky Mountain News, Feb. 7, 2007

‘Most white people most of the time” share the belief that “bland is best” when it comes to aesthetics.
In communicating, white people “don’t show emotion” and “avoid conflict, intimacy.”

They share an ethic of “win at all costs” and possess a “master and control nature.”

Had enough of this bigoted, juvenile, trashy analysis? Unfortunately, I’m merely quoting from a sheet distributed recently to some teachers at Cimarron Elementary School in Aurora as part of the diversity training set in motion last year by the Cherry Creek School District.
If planning for the future, delaying gratification and self-reliance are “aspects and assumptions of white culture,” as the paper insists, instead of good habits that assist all of us in achieving our goals, then people who harp on such traits may unconsciously be putting minorities down. Thus the perverse logic of such exercises.
For the moment let’s forget that this radical ideology insults the vast majority of well-meaning, nonracist teachers. And let’s ignore the fact that its thesis fails to account for the astonishing academic success of Asian-Americans. The most surprising feature of this brand of diversity propaganda is, as you can see, its sheer crudeness—as well as the fact that it is inflicted upon one of the better educated professions in the land.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies