Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-11-2008, 07:47 PM

13,784 posts, read 26,244,003 times

Advertisements

We also need to remember, as the average citizens, we are obviously not privvy to all information we would like to have.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-11-2008, 09:58 PM

358 posts, read 1,056,565 times
It's completely rational. On one hand, it is difficult to believe he is still alive, with the manhunts and his age just to name a few reasons. On that other, he has a loyal following who will actually die for him.

But I want to believe that when he is captured, he will get his. Karma exists and the "God" he believes in will make sure of it.

Old 09-11-2008, 10:28 PM

3,320 posts, read 5,593,052 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rightofcenter View Post
This is truly not a political question - it is a question of being rational. The fact that Bin Laden is still alive 7 years after the 9/11 attacks truly bothers me. We might have lost focus on him, we might have missed opportunities to get him, he might be 'ungettable', I don't know, but it really ticks me off that he is still alive.

Is this rational?
Oh I think he is alive and for me it's not a question of being rational but being outraged by the current leader of this country. There was all the gossip that the Bush family has ties with the Bin Laden family.

We can go all the way back to when Gore should have won and didn't. Smacks conspiracy to me through and through, I smell a rat! Intuition, sometimes you just feel it in your gut and you know.

Old 09-12-2008, 05:37 PM

4,173 posts, read 6,684,994 times
OP - this ticks many off. It is fair to say that W is hunting for OBL. Even if you dislike the Iraq war, I doubt in its absence, W could have sent many more resources for the hunt. This is because OBL is probably in a Pakistani region and we cannot hunt effectively or openly. $50 mil bounty is a lot for anyone in that region, but no one has sold him out both because of fear of the rest of the family being killed (assuming the seller is safe in the US somewhere) and because many people in that region actually support OBL. I am no fan but reality is tht W is in a tough spot. We are finally seeing some US drone incursions into the Pakistani areas. We should have done this a while ago. Well, at least he is severely contained.

Old 09-13-2008, 08:30 AM

Location: Sometimes Maryland, sometimes NoVA. Depends on the day of the week
1,501 posts, read 11,750,050 times
There are experts who say Bin Laden has been dead for years.
Physics911, by Scientific Panel Investigating Nine-Eleven, 9/11/2001
abc11.com: Duke Professor Skeptical of bin Laden Tape 1/19/06

I'm not sure what to think. I did some digging last night (when I first saw this, coincidentally saw this thread today). Its kind of convincing when you dig, yet relegated into 9/11 conspiracy theories.

Last edited by rubytue; 09-13-2008 at 08:44 AM..

Old 09-13-2008, 09:14 AM

2,305 posts, read 3,042,549 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rubytue View Post
There are experts who say Bin Laden has been dead for years.
Physics911, by Scientific Panel Investigating Nine-Eleven, 9/11/2001
abc11.com: Duke Professor Skeptical of bin Laden Tape 1/19/06

I'm not sure what to think. I did some digging last night (when I first saw this, coincidentally saw this thread today). Its kind of convincing when you dig, yet relegated into 9/11 conspiracy theories.
I don't think there are any conspiracies - I think we just dropped the ball and didn't get him.

Old 09-14-2008, 09:07 AM

43,854 posts, read 51,154,207 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrstewart View Post
We also need to remember, as the average citizens, we are obviously not privvy to all information we would like to have.
I worked for the military for several years and this statement is absolutely correct. I certainly was not privy to very much classified information....but there are certainly people who are.

I don't think things are kept classified because they are a conspiracy. They are kept classified for national and global security reasons.

Old 09-16-2008, 05:56 AM

8,276 posts, read 12,854,528 times
Lost focus? I don't think it was ever our focus, especially when you have a president that received money from the Bin Laden family. Why do they get spirited away safely when Americans arent even allowed to fly? We will suspend our Habeous Corpus rights but yet protect them from harm. It is hard for me to believe we can not find a 6'5" Arab attached to a dialysis machine. Instead we spend our time and money on a money grubbing tyrant, seems if those are our concern we have enough of them at home. Why go over seas lets deal with the ones we have.... start with Bush, Cheneyand Rumsfeld.

Old 09-16-2008, 12:21 PM

8,042 posts, read 12,254,574 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AONE View Post
Lost focus? I don't think it was ever our focus, especially when you have a president that received money from the Bin Laden family. Why do they get spirited away safely when Americans arent even allowed to fly? We will suspend our Habeous Corpus rights but yet protect them from harm. It is hard for me to believe we can not find a 6'5" Arab attached to a dialysis machine. Instead we spend our time and money on a money grubbing tyrant, seems if those are our concern we have enough of them at home. Why go over seas lets deal with the ones we have.... start with Bush, Cheneyand Rumsfeld.
It does seem awfully peculiar that the most advanced military in the world can't find Osama Bin Laden, but Saddam Hussein was tracked down within a year after we invaded Iraq. I believe that finding, convicting, and executing Hussein was the right thing to do ... BUT ... he wasn't the mastermind behind the 9/11 attacks.

Bin Laden not only was responsible for 9/11, he was also behind the first WTC attack, as well as the bombing of our embassy & the USS Cole. Both Clinton and Bush have appeared reluctant to go after Bin Laden in full force. I have a sneaking suspicion it might have something to do with his wealth and connections to oil money.

Old 09-17-2008, 06:04 PM

451 posts, read 1,227,857 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GloryB View Post
I worked for the military for several years and this statement is absolutely correct. I certainly was not privy to very much classified information....but there are certainly people who are.

I don't think things are kept classified because they are a conspiracy. They are kept classified for national and global security reasons.
A lot of of them are just sometimes to keep the USA from looking bad and who's hands are tied to what.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies