Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-12-2008, 09:22 PM

38 posts, read 114,871 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by southernmeltdown View Post
i would like to know what you saw
I do not want to get in Trouble with the moderater. My story is all over the innernet. Just google my name. I am not proud of all you will read. But I will be Damn if I am going to shut up. If they will let me print it here then I will. I need friends and not Detracters. I have had alot of hassle, my friend.
SamDanner
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-12-2008, 09:24 PM

5,340 posts, read 13,951,991 times
While I don't know if I buy into many of the 9/11 conspiracy theories, I do know for sure that we never get the full story. At least not at first, we often do get the truth but only generations after those who lived through the events. Sadly, I would not put it past our (or any other) government to be willing to sacrifice it's own people for their benefit.

Also, take into account that Europe does not have American nationalism. Europeans were very empathetic towards the US after 9/11. It was only after the ill advised war in Iraq that the opinoin of our country plumeted around the world. Look at it from a non-American point of view. We were horribly attacked and 2700 innocents lost their lives. We then attack a country (good or bad leader of the country is not the point) that had nothing to do with the attacks of 9/11. As a result of this unjust war up to 100,000 people are dead. And the US Government is controlling the media on the reports of this was in unprecidented ways. So, if you are not an American, and you are looking at this objectively, it's really looking a little fishy.

Old 09-13-2008, 09:24 AM

179 posts, read 556,964 times
You know I had been in Europe when this disaster happen. I am also living in Germany now for the past 3 yrs. Therefore I believe I have a very "on site" view on how European's view 9/11.
Everybody thinks its the world's most horrible event.
Many, not all, blame people in charge that with the info they had, they acted too late and could have saved more people if they'd acted faster.
And yes they do indeed question what they're told on news/ internet - Why should anyone blindly believe what you're told? Europeans need to plan, analyze & understand that's just ow they are- Does this make them any worst or better people then us- I don't think so.
You know, having dealt with the Gov my whole life myself- There's more then one thing I question, but that would be going way past & beyond this threat now.

Bottom line, the feel I got here over the past 3 yrs from personal conversations, they're sad about it too, thy question it and they're good people after all.

Old 09-13-2008, 09:32 AM

61,288 posts, read 87,420,711 times
bin laden already got on world TV and took credit for the attack. give it a rest.
did US elements want 911? yes. did US elements want pearl harbor? yes. did they do things that made the atrocity easier to commit? yes. but did they do it themselves.
of course not.

Old 09-13-2008, 09:39 AM

272 posts, read 620,999 times
The decision to 'pull' Building 7 at WTC is reason enough to question everything.

Old 09-13-2008, 11:26 AM

239 posts, read 701,886 times
7 of the 11 hijackers were saudi nationals ....but did they get punished nope....not even a reprimend....obl guess what saudi......

Old 09-13-2008, 01:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Huckleberry3911948 View Post
bin laden already got on world TV and took credit for the attack. give it a rest.
did US elements want 911? yes. did US elements want pearl harbor? yes. did they do things that made the atrocity easier to commit? yes. but did they do it themselves.
of course not.
So, do we assume that the Bush Administration WANTED an event like 9/11 to declare "war" on Iraq? There are more than a few who have said this was goal of his from day 1...even those within his own party, initial cabinet etc. I'm not saying they planned the event, but did they have some knowledge and just look the other way because they wanted a reason to lunge on Iraq?

I used to think the conspiracy theorists were crazy - and I still think some are just too out there - but the more I look at it the more I have questions about some things too.

Old 09-13-2008, 01:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by southernmeltdown View Post
7 of the 11 hijackers were saudi nationals ....but did they get punished nope....not even a reprimend....obl guess what saudi......
The US/Saudi connection is far too suspect in my opinion. I also question the whole "flight out of the US" for several of Bin-Laden's relatives and other Saudi's right after 9/11. Why? Why when we had no air traffic was this allowed?

And I am also leary about some of the connections between OBL and the Bush family historically. You have to wonder if he's not been caught rather on purpose.

Old 09-13-2008, 05:13 PM

451 posts, read 1,228,242 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Huckleberry3911948 View Post
of course not.

I saw this happen, but at the same time why is bin laden not wanted by the FBI for the 9/11 attacks.

FBI Ten Most Wanted Fugitive - Usama Bin Laden

I don't see 9/11 mentioned anywhere in there. It does say other terroist attacks, but with 9/11 being the biggest lost of life that should be mentioned.

As far as the united states doing things to itself, have you ever looked at operation northwoods

Operation Northwoods - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

A lot of these were to be done to ourselfs to instigate conflits. So it the US capable of this...?

Old 09-13-2008, 06:11 PM

43,854 posts, read 51,184,922 times
Why would anyone think cell phones don't work on a plane? In a populated area or with a lower altitude they have worked for years. Most planes even have their own onboard satellite phones. Both cell phones and an onboard satellite phone were used on Flight 93.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies