Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-02-2007, 11:20 PM

24,510 posts, read 33,309,299 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by gizmo980 View Post
the others were from Fair.org & MediaMatters, which I don't know much about, other than the fact that they're credible sources.
Actually, both of those are leftist websites.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-02-2007, 11:38 PM
NCN

21,663 posts, read 25,628,401 times
I have never had enough tolerance to listen to him long enough to figure out what he represents. Ye shall know the truth and the truth shall set you free, but you won't find it listening to Rush Limbaugh.

Old 09-03-2007, 12:07 AM

4,426 posts, read 5,918,563 times
rush limbaugh.... what a piece of work.. He and Larry Craig certainly have a lot in common.. as far as ideals... one's got perverted sex problems.. and the other's got a drug problem... they should start a new night club and call it the "GOP"... sex.. drugs and rock n roll... er.. I mean family values...

Old 09-03-2007, 12:27 AM

989 posts, read 2,762,014 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fleet View Post
Actually, both of those are leftist websites.
I don't know much about fair.org, but in regards to Media Matters for America... it may be leftist, but what they do is give the actual radio/TV broadcast clip (or transcript) for something that a right wing host/pundit/politician says. You get to see the person actually saying it, and there is no room for misunderstanding/misquoting. They also tend to give a fairly large clip (2-5 minutes) so that it will put things in the proper context, which sometimes doesn't happen when all you just give a 15 second sound-bite (which is what most news sources and talk radio guys seem to do quite often).

Whenever Oreilly or the others gets mad and tries to smear MediaMatters.org ("left-wing smear merchant" is the phrase Bill tends to use) for showing the actual clip of him or another right winger saying something bad, it reminds me of the Richard Prior joke for when his wife caught him in bed cheating with another woman... "I didn't do it. Who are you going to believe... me, or your lying eyes?"

Old 09-03-2007, 01:20 AM

692 posts, read 1,732,110 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Evlevo View Post
I don't know much about fair.org, but in regards to Media Matters for America... it may be leftist, but what they do is give the actual radio/TV broadcast clip (or transcript) for something that a right wing host/pundit/politician says. You get to see the person actually saying it, and there is no room for misunderstanding/misquoting. They also tend to give a fairly large clip (2-5 minutes) so that it will put things in the proper context, which sometimes doesn't happen when all you just give a 15 second sound-bite (which is what most news sources and talk radio guys seem to do quite often).

Whenever Oreilly or the others gets mad and tries to smear MediaMatters.org ("left-wing smear merchant" is the phrase Bill tends to use) for showing the actual clip of him or another right winger saying something bad, it reminds me of the Richard Prior joke for when his wife caught him in bed cheating with another woman... "I didn't do it. Who are you going to believe... me, or your lying eyes?"
Great post.

Old 09-03-2007, 07:59 AM

5,407 posts, read 7,794,317 times
And that is where we have come to in our society. Actual transcripts and providing context are now "Leftist"...while Rush and Hannity and the other Spin Meisters are telling the "Truth". Bizarre.

Old 09-03-2007, 08:45 AM

11,446 posts, read 16,184,746 times
Rush (and many other talk show hosts) represent the Status Quo. In his daily introductions he comes very close to announcing himself to be the smartest, most infallible man in America, if not the world. Also, that he is God's chosen man, or even God's gift to earth.
Rush appeals to the lynch mob mentality. He convinces those who are easy to convince. His basic message is: just believe everything the conservatives tell you, because conservatives are always right, about everthing, all the time. To question or doubt conservative opinions is equivalent to hating America. If only the liberals were half as perfect as conservatives are!
Rush appeals to those who believe everything other than conservatism is always wrong, all the time. To those who belive that liberals tell lies all the time, but that conservatives always tell the truth (all the time) and can easily be led around by the nose by conservative politicians. These are dupes, suckers, or whatever.
Like many of the talk show hosts (Hannity, Savage, etc.) Rush has an ugly mind.

As for Ann Coulter...she is intelligent, but has some sort of fanatical hate problem, I think she would be an interesting case for psychoanalysis.

Old 09-03-2007, 09:34 AM

3,091 posts, read 3,966,875 times
"Ditto!" (LOL)

Quote:
Originally Posted by tnbound2day View Post
Rush Limbaugh represents the exact opposite of what Al Franken represents.

Yet dems will spit at Rush and then think Al is either right or funny, or both.

Then repubs will spit at Franken and think Rush is right or funny or both.

It would be funny to watch if it weren't so sad.

Old 09-03-2007, 11:12 PM

37,801 posts, read 41,008,695 times
Question: Do you know what radio station managers call people who tune in Rush Limbaugh and hate him?

Answer: Listeners.

Just like TV, the goal of a radio show is to get ratings so radio stations can charge more for advertising. They don't care what you think of him.

Rush Limbaugh must be doing something right.

Old 09-04-2007, 11:16 AM

4,714 posts, read 8,460,936 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LauraC View Post
Question: Do you know what radio station managers call people who tune in Rush Limbaugh and hate him?

Answer: Listeners.

Just like TV, the goal of a radio show is to get ratings so radio stations can charge more for advertising. They don't care what you think of him.

Rush Limbaugh must be doing something right.

By that standard, so is Jerry Springer.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies