Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 02-06-2007, 06:49 AM

1,962 posts, read 5,187,619 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedWingsFan View Post
Is it just me or are others tired of seeing all the posts like "I'm looking for a gay friendly city"..... or "the family is a huge mixed race bag - who will give us the love and acceptance we need" give me a break.

Why is it that when people choose to live a certain lifestyle, be it being gay, marrying someone of a different race, etc. Then they run around worrying about who is going to accept them? If you think it's so great to do what you are doing then you should be proud of it and not worry about what others think.

The bottom line?

If you are gay you will REALLY accepted in San Fran. If you are an interracial family you will be more accepted in cities. Cities will always be more open to all those that deviate from normal activities (for a variety of reasons). But.... no matter where you go there will still be A LOT people that have a problem with you being gay or that you are with someone of another race. That's the way it goes, get over it if that's the life you choose to live.

That's my two cents on constantly seeing those two questions... I roll my eyes everytime!!!

Don't worry redwingsfan, there are more people that feel the way you do than you think.

Old 02-06-2007, 06:54 AM

9,367 posts, read 25,153,018 times
Redwing-

You might find Aryan nation message boards more to your liking. If you go to the Southern Poverty Law Center website, you will have a number of links that can connect you. You will even be able to get in touch with those in your area who feel as you do and many will even give you a t-shirt or tell you where to get a tatoo so that you don't get approached in public by those that you scorn.

Old 02-06-2007, 07:23 AM

30,286 posts, read 51,787,858 times
Quote:
Is it just me or are others tired of seeing all the posts like "I'm looking for a gay friendly city"..... or "the family is a huge mixed race bag - who will give us the love and acceptance we need" give me a break.

Why is it that when people choose to live a certain lifestyle, be it being gay, marrying someone of a different race, etc. Then they run around worrying about who is going to accept them? If you think it's so great to do what you are doing then you should be proud of it and not worry about what others think.

The bottom line?

If you are gay you will REALLY accepted in San Fran. If you are an interracial family you will be more accepted in cities. Cities will always be more open to all those that deviate from normal activities (for a variety of reasons). But.... no matter where you go there will still be A LOT people that have a problem with you being gay or that you are with someone of another race. That's the way it goes, get over it if that's the life you choose to live.

That's my two cents on constantly seeing those two questions... I roll my eyes everytime!!!
And you wonder why people are calling you bigoted??? Sheesh! Fact of the matter is, people like you exist all over the world, and that's what they're trying to avoid. Whether or not you're willing to admit it, a person can be in actual danger (both mentally & physically) for being gay, non-white, interracial couple, etc., and this is an important thing to consider when moving. Would a gay couple be safe and comfortable in Podunk, Arkansas? Probably not. And like someone else said, it's not as though San Francisco is the only place where they would be happy. So it's perfectly reasonable for them to ask, and if you don't like it, stop reading... in fact, I wouldn't be that upset if you stopped visiting this forum altogether. You have shown your true colors recently, and I think you'll join my "ignore list", which until now has only included TNLove & his/her other names. I look forward to seeing you at the next Aryan Nation parade...

P.S. I don't see you complaining about that post on Irish neighborhoods... oh, but I guess that's okay with you, since they're "whiteys".

Old 02-06-2007, 07:27 AM

1,608 posts, read 9,730,021 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gizmo980 View Post
And you wonder why people are calling you bigoted???
What on earth would make you think I wonder things like that? I know my views don't coincide with the liberal agenda and therefore I will be called names like racist, bigot, intolerant, etc. But that doesn't bother me. Please stop acting like it does. It does not bother me... if it did I wouldn't post my views.

Old 02-06-2007, 07:29 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marks View Post
Don't worry redwingsfan, there are more people that feel the way you do than you think.
Yes, and I will see you ALL at that Aryan Nation parade! Funny how the same people stick up for each other, any time it has to do with race, immigration or homosexuality. I forget who said it, but someone on another thread mentioned this too, and how it's a sign of general bigotry. If you were just expressing strong feelings on one of these issues, I'd say it was a justifiable opinion... but when you cheer each other on about ANY issue that's not Aryan & straight, it becomes clearly obvious what your motivations are.

Old 02-06-2007, 07:31 AM

Quote:
What on earth would make you think I wonder things like that? I know my views don't coincide with the liberal agenda and therefore I will be called names like racist, bigot, intolerant, etc. But that doesn't bother me. Please stop acting like it does. It does not bother me... if it did I wouldn't post my views.
Hey, at least you admit it! Hopefully you realize we're all correct, as that many people couldn't be mis-reading you... so as long as you realize how bigoted you are, I'll let you continue ranting & raving. But please warn me first, so I can make sure you're on my ignore list. Oh, and this has nothing to do with "going against the liberal agenda" - you are going against the HUMAN agenda, and I'm sure many Republicans here would agree.

Old 02-06-2007, 07:47 AM

1,608 posts, read 9,730,021 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gizmo980 View Post
and I'm sure many Republicans here would agree.
Only if they were trying to get your liberal vote. Behind closed doors they agree with me...

Old 02-06-2007, 07:57 AM
j33

4,626 posts, read 14,053,304 times
There is nothing liberal or conservative about being opposed to interracial dating/marriage. That is bigotry, pure and simple.

Old 02-06-2007, 08:28 AM

32,606 posts, read 77,356,175 times
San Francisco is my only option? Really?? Been to Scranton/Wilkes-Barre lately? Most locals don't give a damn whether you're black, red, gay, Jewish, or whatever as long as you don't get in between them and their never-ending quest to somehow afford the same McMansions and SUVs the Jersey people have on half of their salaries.

I can rattle off several gay-oriented night clubs in the immediate metro area, as well as several organizations, book clubs, seminars, guest speakers, art exhibits, etc. that cater to the GLBT community here. There's even been talks of having an annual Gay Pride Festival in Scranton, which would serve as a regional hub and attract "my kind" from as far away as Binghamton, NY, Williamsport, and the Lehigh Valley.

It's not that the population of gays/lesbians in our country is necessarily "growing." It's moreso a case of those who do currently exist now feel as if they can finally "come out" without having fear of being lynched by Conservative Republicans. This is why you're suddenly seeing many middle-aged married men destroying their sham families to expose their "secret lives" (McGreevey, Foley, etc.) If society didn't have its nose in everyone else's business in the first place, creating such a hostile environment for gays/lesbians, then you wouldn't have so many "sham families" running amok now, would you?

Since when is being gay a "choice?" Care to elaborate on when you chose to be "straight?" Can you bring me back to that moment in your adolescence when you just woke up one morning and said "Wow! I really wanna go nail chicks instead of guys!"

Old 02-06-2007, 08:44 AM

753 posts, read 755,575 times
Quote:
Is it just me or are others tired of seeing all the posts like "I'm looking for a gay friendly city"..... or "the family is a huge mixed race bag
...and then RedWingsFan unwittingly opened a whole new "Gay Friendly/Diverse city" thread.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies