Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Hollywood And Music Celebrities Are So Much Smarter Than The Average American When It Comes To Polit
Yes 12 12.77%
No 25 26.60%
I wish they would SHUT UP... 57 60.64%
They are Much Smarter Than I... 0 0%
Not Sure 0 0%
Voters: 94. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-12-2008, 07:31 AM

1,558 posts, read 2,597,435 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ProudCapMarine View Post
How do you like Pamela Anderson's comments about Sarah Palin? I bet you think she really is much smarter than you too!
i havent heard them. no, just smarter then you
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-12-2008, 07:33 AM

3,326 posts, read 5,338,840 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fishy View Post
i take it you didnt read past my 1st sentence

I did read but still wanted to add my 2 cents .

"they can educate themselves better "

Your post still gave the implication that they are some wise "Yoda's" due to having the free time to "learn" which is to funny.

You mentioned they might be out of touch which I agree but free time or not to "learn the knowledge" of the world they are so grossly out of touch that they offer nothing.

Old 09-12-2008, 07:36 AM

3,337 posts, read 5,117,119 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GregW View Post
Considering that these folks are talented and/or smart enough to become very rich they must know someting I don't. Remember celebrites can be a left or right as anyone else. Bill Marh (sp?) vrs Ronnie Raygun.
And looks have nothing to do with it. Right.

Old 09-12-2008, 07:36 AM

Quote:
i havent heard them. no, just smarter then you

I suspect Pamela is smarter than you and as full of it but not smarter than Captain . Stop being so Star struck .

Old 09-12-2008, 07:38 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GregW View Post
Considering that these folks are talented and/or smart enough to become very rich they must know someting I don't. Remember celebrites can be a left or right as anyone else. Bill Marh (sp?) vrs Ronnie Raygun.
--------------

Your right Pamela Anderson is very talented and very smart.

I don't know what I was thinking.

Old 09-12-2008, 07:40 AM

20,187 posts, read 23,844,914 times
You have think about it... celebrities and such (including company CEOs) need one thing... income reallocation... now you might say, why is that? The celebrities and CEOs make a LOT of money, they would want to protect that... its true that income reallocation would decrease their income but by very, VERY little... why? They don't advocate CLOSING tax loopholes, they advocate raising tax rates for which they pay very little already BECAUSE of the tax loopholes... so increasing rates wouldn't really affect them... not only that... their income is wholly dependent on consumer SPENDING... the more money that is give to a larger populace by thieving from a smaller group will in theory, give them more money and increase their revenue which is already blatantly not very well taxed... so when Obama and Democrats seek to increase tax rates BUT do not shut down tax loopholes... that means a lot of bigger corporations and celebrities stand to make a killing at the expense of smaller business owners as well as the occasional American who rises in success from middle class.. The tax loopholes will protect big corporations and celebrities while the increase tax rates will kill their competitors, why wouldn't the celebrities want that... I have no respect for any these type of people but unfortunately, most Americans don't look at the bigger picture when handouts are given...

Old 09-12-2008, 07:48 AM

4,173 posts, read 6,684,994 times
WE the people are the ones starstruck and value glamor - just look around the role of glamor in our daily lives. WE watch all the celebrity-related gossip, and WE pretend not to like it. If we did not care about them, the media would not carry their gossip/news/political views. In the meantime, they all paid taxes so they have every right to speak out.

Old 09-12-2008, 07:51 AM

4,604 posts, read 8,228,724 times
Quote:
How do you like Pamela Anderson's comments about Sarah Palin? I bet you think she really is much smarter than you too!
Well, at least we now know what lurks in her deepest thought. As far as smart, she sounds to be smarter than a lot of women I've dated.

Old 09-12-2008, 07:52 AM

11,466 posts, read 19,345,447 times
I feel most celebrities and politicians are the same, they live in a different world than most of us, they don't worry about gas prices or the price of food and I doubt they care about us.

Old 09-12-2008, 08:11 AM

3,301 posts, read 6,324,912 times
Quote:
i take it you didnt read past my 1st sentence
Few peope will read past your name...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies