Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-20-2008, 03:12 PM

145 posts, read 246,465 times

Advertisements

"More Hugs from the Religion of Peace"

"More Bombs from Pillar of Democracy"
Seven children die as US bombs Afghan school - Telegraph
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-20-2008, 03:42 PM

8,652 posts, read 17,183,937 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by monaliza View Post
Muslims are not terrorists at all .
I am muslim and living in the middle east so do you think I am terrorist! how come...
A few people did mistakes that does not mean we all did the same . Arab muslims are very peaceful in their lifes.
Were you the one waving the American Flag or were you the one burning the American Flag in the middle east ?
Ya'll sure like to burn Ole Glory over there.

Old 09-22-2008, 07:49 PM

4 posts, read 5,563 times
hy iam slam iam new christien , i was muslim and i revert to Christianity, i live in muslim country and the people bother me here am not free , they are very rasist to me because iam christien , so i can't do my worship, i had 2 friends from usa they helped me but they put them to the prison , because they helped me to i revert to Christianity...... plllllllllllzzzzzzzzzzzz i need help from anyone ..... that's my msn if anyone want to help me i will be very happy "summer_in_miami@live.com" thank u so much

Old 09-22-2008, 08:22 PM

42,618 posts, read 86,592,874 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by adam01 View Post
hy iam slam iam new christien , i was muslim and i revert to Christianity, i live in muslim country and the people bother me here am not free , they are very rasist to me because iam christien , so i can't do my worship, i had 2 friends from usa they helped me but they put them to the prison , because they helped me to i revert to Christianity...... plllllllllllzzzzzzzzzzzz i need help from anyone ..... that's my msn if anyone want to help me i will be very happy "summer_in_miami@live.com" thank u so much

Pretend you are still a Muslim. God will understand.

Old 09-23-2008, 02:00 PM

129 posts, read 115,975 times
Default Re

Quote:
Originally Posted by adam01 View Post
Which country are you currently living in?

Old 09-23-2008, 02:04 PM

68,277 posts, read 54,017,893 times
Maybe one of you who views all Muslims as evil can explain just why we'd spend so much blood & $$$ to bring democracy to a Muslim country?

Old 09-24-2008, 01:58 PM

500 posts, read 700,906 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mommytotwo View Post
So you feel that TAM is not reputable. No problem. TAM did not issue the Fatwas. They just compiled the list.

If you read, #1 on the list was from the FIQH COUNCIL OF NORTH AMERICA, NOT TAM.

#2, The commercial, was produced by CAIR, COUNCIL ON AMERICAN-ISLAMIC RELATIONS It was put up on youtube, people there do not always list the source. It was not made by random people, I am sure that you would be able to confirm this.

#3 I have read the latest news. The point is, they are thinking outside the "box" If the terrorists can twist religion to brainwash recruits, then using religion to unbrainwash them may be something worth looking into. Because simply jailing a brainwashed islamic fundamentalist is not going to rehabilitate him, and make him less of a threat when he gets out of jail. Jail will only make him worse, and whats worse is that jail isn't usually for life, they do get out after their time is up. And like any criminal, if they haven't been rehabilitated, they pose a risk to society.

#4, I don't know what to tell you on that one. I stated in my summary of the link, "leader of radical islamist movement"

#5 was the canadian imams speaking out agaist terrorism, I had no prob. opening it but sorry.

#6, again, is just another example, which you feel is not good enough. This leads to my questions below.

Last one--see my comment above--TAM, no matter what you think of them, only COMPILED the list. I gave the link to TAM's LIST. Not as an endorsement of TAM. I have no idea what their agenda is.

I don't know what to tell you. I didn't put the list up to convince you that they have done enough. It was simply examples of muslims having spoken out against terrorism, since so many here say that NO Muslims have spoken out against it.

First people want to say no one has spoken out, then they want to say it isn't good enough.

What would you like to see done, anyway? Who do you want to speak out against terrorism, exactly? Can you give names? What exactly do you want them to say? What would you accept as genuine? Do you think it would really make a difference or just make people "feel" better?

I am really curious to know what your take on the above questions is. You appear to have a unique perspective, being a "christian Arab" after all, rather than a "muslim Arab".

The hatred and bigotry in this forum is unbelievable. ( I am not saying coming from you, just in general) I cannot say how many threads I have read here that give me a sick feeling in the pit of my stomach.
1)Yeah, I read it; perhaps you should read the link I provided. It clearly states that members of FCNA are connected to Islamic extremism and terrorism, and it list them by names and actions.

2)Thanks for clarifying; still, using your comments, THEY WILL air it? Will? It should be changed to HAVE and it must CONTINUE to air it. Speaking of airing the video, where are they airing it?

3)I could careless what method(s) they’re using, be it outside the box, inside the box and/or side-by-side the box. This again, falls under VERY LITTLE IS BEING DONE. The link I provided shows that Islamic extremism is on the rise.

4)A radical Islamic scum that openly supports suicide bombers is now condemning other radicals. There isn’t much to say except LOL.

5)Sigh…still can’t open it.

6)I believe I already explained what I, and MANY people in the world, especially the West would like to see from the so-called moderate Muslims. We’ve seen how the Muslims reacted when the Pope talked about Mohammed, and we’ve seen how they reacted when the Cartoons were printed, but we’ve never seen that kind of outrage when their fellow Muslim blow him/herself up and killing dozens of innocent people including Muslims.

I’d love to see large scale rallies from the so-called Moderate Muslims, I like to see people like Wafa Sultan, Walid Shoebat, Joseph Farah, Brigitte Gabriel, Aayin Hirsi Ali, Irshad Manji and Salman Rashdi speak openly about radical Islam without having their lives or their supporters lives in danger. I like to see heads of states to go after those scum that have highjacked their religion, I like to see them educate their people about tolerance, acceptance and respect their fellow human beings.

Sadly, today’s Middle East, I see no tolerance, acceptance and respect for a person with a different faith, that is why I left that region, that’s why many Christians/non Muslims are leaving that region and seeking better life in a more civilized world (WEST).

I’ve grown really tired of reading/hearing people continuing making excuses for Muslims around the world. Why do people, especially Liberals have a problem calling things like they are? If we disagree, we’re labeled as racists, if we dare to call a spade A SPADE, then we are labeled as bigots.

This reminds of an article I read not too long ago, it describes what would happen if we just sit on our thumbs and do nothing. Hope you enjoy it.

Quote:
man whose family was German aristocracy prior to World War ll owned a number of large industries and estates. When asked how many German people were true Nazis, the answer he gave can guide our attitude toward fanaticism.'Very few people were true Nazis 'he said,' but many enjoyed the return of German pride, and many more were too busy to care. I was one of those who just thought the Nazis were a bunch of fools. So, the majority just sat back and let it all happen. Then, before we knew it, they owned us, and we had lost control, and the end of the world had come. My family lost everything. I ended up in a concentration camp and the Allies destroyed my factories.

'We are told again and again by 'experts' and 'talking heads' that Islam is the religion of peace, and that the vast majority of Muslims just want to live in peace. Although this unqualified assertion may be true, it is entirely irrelevant. It is meaningless fluff, meant to make us feel better, and meant to somehow diminish the spectra of fanatics rampaging across the globe in the name of Islam. The fact is that the fanatics rule Islam at this moment in history.It is the fanatics who march. It is the fanatics who wage any one of 50 shooting wars worldwide. It is the fanatics who systematically slaughter Christian or tribal groups throughout Africa and are gradually taking over the entire continent in an Islamic wave. It is the fanatics who bomb, behead, murder, or honor kill. It is the fanatics who take over mosque after mosque. It is the fanatics who zealously spread the stoning and hanging of rape victims and homosexuals. The hard quantifiable fact is that the 'peaceful majority', the 'silent majority', is cowed and extraneous.

Communist Russia was comprised of Russians who just wanted to live in peace, yet the Russian Communists were responsible for the murder of about 20 million people. The peaceful majority were irrelevant. China's huge population was peaceful as well, but Chinese Communists managed to kill a staggering 70 million people.The average Japanese individual prior to World War ll was not a warmongering sadist. Yet, Japan murdered and slaughtered its way across South East Asia in an orgy of killing that included the systematic murder of 12 million Chinese civilian s; most killed by sword, shovel, and bayonet.And, who can forget Rwanda, which collapsed into butchery. Could it not be said that the majority of Rwandans were 'peace loving'?

History lessons are often incredibly simple and blunt, yet for all our powers of reason we often miss the most basic and uncomplicated of points: Peace-loving Muslims have been made irrelevant by their silence. Peace-loving Muslims will become our enemy if they don't speak up, because like my friend from Germany, they will awaken one day and find that the fanatics own them, and the end of their world will have begun.Peace-loving Germans, Japanese, Chinese, Russians, Rwandans, Serbs, Afghan is, Iraqis, Palestinians, Somalis, Nigerians, Algerians, and many others have died because the peaceful majority did not speak up until it was too late.
Sorry for the late response, I was out of state, plus I'm sick as heck with the darn flu
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies