Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-07-2008, 07:06 PM

190 posts, read 443,453 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by mommytotwo View Post
Well, I have to admit, as crazy as it sounds, I was wondering if I should stock up on some food stuffs just because the price of food has been going up and up.

After reading the Cellist of Sarajevo, and reading about how the value of their money had fallen so that a lb. of flour cost like a week's salary or something, really got me wondering (the book was fiction but based on what really happened over there, and my example was made up because I couldn't remember exactly the food they were talking about, but the cost was that shocking)

It really got me wondering about what could possibly happen to the value of the dollar if something really disastrous happened here. Imagine not being able to get bread (no trucks coming and going) and a 5 lb bag of flour costs $50? It sounds crazy, but who knows. Most of us don't even know how to make bread! LOL

It would be silly to think that it could NEVER happen here, no matter how unlikely.
Sadly, the bailout bill may have just ensured that it will happen here. It's always best to be prepared. We started stocking up on food a few weeks ago. It sucks that we live in the northeast. Not having a Mediterranean or other subtropical climate means that we would theoretically have to survive on canned goods all winter long.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-07-2008, 10:06 PM

316 posts, read 692,757 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaymum View Post
It's probably because this thread serves the same purpose. I agree that all the stuff about economic collapse belongs in this forum to avoid redundant clutter.

No ! Its A New Warning Thread Titled " Oct 7 2008 "

LAPD77 WARNING OCT 7 2008

Hi all. I think today will be the day where everything and everyone will start to wake up. So many of the people who were laughing at my post are now sending me messages everyday about what else is coming up. Everything is common sense, but the problem is that common sense is not to common. Well here it is.

1) The stock market crashes and then < say good bye to your 401k >
2) The banks have a holiday and then < they will be closed for a while >
3) The people get scared and then < everyone wakes up at once >
4) The shelves are empty and then < no more food or water >
5) Martial Law is declared < Obama and Mc Cain get delayed>

Must I continue? By the way silver is going to double if not triple and gold will be at 1200 an oz in 2009. What's your paper worth?

Old 10-07-2008, 10:39 PM

Wait, was this the guy talking about martial law in that chinook thread of the LA forum? This was about a month ago.

Anyway, I don't doubt what he's saying.

Old 10-07-2008, 10:52 PM

1 posts, read 1,679 times
Default thank you LAPD

LAPD this is honestly the most legit thing ive read yet concerning conspiracies and the gov. etc. All Im saying is i just randomly ran across your post from March about the predicted economic crash tonight while researching a paper i have due in one of my classes and anyway once i read it i made a user name so that i could write you about it!! I just wanted to say thank you for putting yourself out there and informing the American public about this important information you were supplied with. I truly appreciate you sharing this with us just for the sake of helping others. Until now, i have been slightly hesitant about all the conspiracies and theories etc. but now there is proof from your post in March, and then seeing it come true right now. Thank you for your honest attempt to help Americans be less ignorant.

Its time we as the American public stop sleeping and open our eyes to what is going on outside of our repetitive, ignorant, and naive suburban lives before we are all devastatingly blindsided by the rest of the world. (Whom by the way are not exactly sad or displeased with what is happening to our country right now....to say the LEAST.)

-With sincere thanks.
Axg001

LAPD write back if possible

Old 10-07-2008, 10:53 PM

2,769 posts, read 7,234,959 times
And the nonsense continues.

Old 10-07-2008, 11:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by j760 View Post
And the nonsense continues.
Are these newbies aliases of LAPD?

Old 01-03-2009, 10:21 AM

1 posts, read 1,114 times
"Iran is no threat at all but keep your eye on Russia. They try to invade our airspace every day 3 times a day. They have over 8 top secret nuclear submarines that our NAVY can't detect. Yes I said NUCLEAR and they are off the West and East coast. The NEO-CONS are trying to provoke WW3"

This is too stupid to laugh at. Worse than "Wayne's World" stupid.

Iran is no threat? Yeah right, more "peaceful" muslims just need electricity right?

Russia has subs we can't detect, but YOU know they are out on our coasts and you haven't called the pentagon?Now if the ruskies have NUCLEAR, secret subs, (only detectible by paranoid trolls) on our coasts, how is it the "neo cons" trying to provoke WW3?

Lay off the self prescribed medication dude, and seek professional help.

Old 01-03-2009, 10:33 AM

2,265 posts, read 3,732,665 times
Some random guy posted it on an internet forum so it must be true. Sounds like someone has been listening to a nutjob like Alex Jones.

Old 01-03-2009, 11:46 AM

773 posts, read 1,215,212 times
I believe this was the incident that has caused many conspiracists to believe Russian subs are off the coast of the U.S.
From eight years ago:

U.S. intelligence agencies detected what some officials are calling an "unprecedented" deployment of two Russian submarines off U.S. coasts last year.
The first Russian Oscar II-class submarine sailed from northern Russia last summer to the Mediterranean, then on to areas off the eastern United States.
"We played with it," said one military officer, referring to the silent underwater tracking efforts of U.S. hunter-submarines.
Then a second Oscar II sailed from the Russian Far East and loitered around Hawaii, home port of the U.S. 7th Fleet, in time for a U.S. missile test over the Pacific. This Russian submarine then sailed to waters off San Diego where in October it spent a week following U.S. warships based there.
The targets: the aircraft carrier USS John C. Stennis and the amphibious landing ship Essex. "It was watching the Stennis and the Essex," one official told us.
The submarine was engaged in intelligence collection operations as well as ship-targeting.
After the Southern California deployment, the Oscar II went north to waters near Washington's Puget Sound, home port for U.S. ballistic missile submarines.

Russia still remains a far graver threat than Iran, because of the nuclear missiles for starters.
More Russian hardware I wouldn't want to mess with, the topol-M ballistic missile.
RT-2UTTH Topol M - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia .

Alex Jones is quite entertaining from my perspective.

Old 01-07-2009, 11:33 PM

208 posts, read 476,334 times
LAPD77: Time Travel-
I know that you are John Titor!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies