U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-22-2008, 11:33 AM

208 posts, read 431,542 times

Advertisements

http://www.coasttocoastam.com/

Coast to Coast..........

Calamitous Web Bot Predictions

George Ure and his colleague 'Cliff', two self-described "time monks," shared dire predictions based on their web bot technology. Their method captures changes in language patterns within Internet discussions. This aggregated data is then processed with software to determine various keywords, which they interpret in a predictive fashion.

Beginning on October 7, 2008 and running through March 2009, they foresee a calamitous period on an epic scale. America will be beset by a variety of problems, which they broke down as 45-48% related to the economy, 40% concerning the military, and the rest associated with natural disasters. Between 2 and 22 million lives could be lost or seriously impacted, they estimated, possibly related to a "global coastal event" in 2009. On Dec. 10-12th, 2008, a large quake could hit the Pacific Northwest, they added.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-22-2008, 12:49 PM

42,663 posts, read 74,221,895 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mullenite View Post
[ This aggregated data is then processed with software to determine various keywords, which they interpret in a predictive fashion.

On Dec. 10-12th, 2008, a large quake could hit the Pacific Northwest, they added.
This looked interesting at the outset. But I have little faith in anybody to thinks linguistic and semantic changes can forecast earthquakes.

Old 08-15-2009, 02:13 PM

6,258 posts, read 12,910,648 times
I am reviving an old thread, anyone interested in discussion the new predictions?

Old 08-15-2009, 04:31 PM

4,608 posts, read 7,288,926 times
Quote:
On Dec. 10-12th, 2008, a large quake could hit the Pacific Northwest
So, what about the quake? I realize there's been lots of people move from California to Texas but I think Dukester is still posting from the PNW. Is it still there?

Quote:
they foresee a calamitous period on an epic scale
And I guess we'd need to define calamitous period as applied to epic scale. Political disasters this year have been entertaining but probly not epic. Seems as though calamitous may be pending.

And which one was Seven of Nine? The blonde hot thing? Or other? I never had those numbers figured out.

Old 08-15-2009, 04:35 PM

I really love Coast to Coast, I am a shift worker for many years so I got really use to listening to Art, and then George.
Here I have to listen to it after the fact, too cheap to subscribe..
I did catch some shows on Y/tube, the ideas about the banks were interesting, are you familiar with the origins of web-bot? Much like the bible code, random combinations.

Old 08-15-2009, 04:35 PM

34,990 posts, read 34,734,702 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by seven of nine View Post
I am reviving an old thread, anyone interested in discussion the new predictions?
what are the new predictions?

I used to listen to coasttocoast in the early 2000s when it was mostly conspiracy stories, imminent disasters, dread predictions -- -- then in the morning, everything's always fine!

Old 08-15-2009, 04:53 PM

Part of the fun of the show..Art's mysterious "absences"?

Here is a link to the show and the predictions for this year. Scroll down a bit.

Web Bot Predictions - Shows - Coast to Coast AM

Old 08-15-2009, 04:57 PM

7,090 posts, read 10,757,552 times
The thing is so vague it could always be right or never right. It predicted a great number things, only vague references were even true...like there were economic problems, or something with the war. Nothing really defining what. I was in the PacNW in December 2008, we had a week of snow but no earthquake...which was calamitous only because there are so few snow plows.

Old 08-15-2009, 05:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by subsound View Post
The thing is so vague it could always be right or never right. It predicted a great number things, only vague references were even true...like there were economic problems, or something with the war. Nothing really defining what. I was in the PacNW in December 2008, we had a week of snow but no earthquake...which was calamitous only because there are so few snow plows.
LOL
I have many connections there, they sent me photos of rulers to show the depth.
I am not claiming any accuracy to these, just like the thought behind the idea,
They were talking about bank issues in Aug, ?

Old 08-15-2009, 05:11 PM

7,090 posts, read 10,757,552 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by seven of nine View Post
LOL
I have many connections there, they sent me photos of rulers to show the depth.
I am not claiming any accuracy to these, just like the thought behind the idea,
They were talking about bank issues in Aug, ?
It's interesting, but it's like cold reading or horoscopes. They are just vague enough for people to read into them what they think is true. I wonder how the psychology of it all works.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies