Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-09-2009, 12:53 PM

35,016 posts, read 39,148,897 times

Advertisements

A thing about him by residents of the Santa Clarita Valley, dated 2001:

The Tony Alamo Story.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-09-2009, 12:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ceece View Post
Me too. So does this!
I kind of remember "Tony Alamo" jackets as a 70s thing - maybe he dressed (the later, end-times) Elvis?

whoa!
Tony Alamo Christian Ministries

Old 08-09-2009, 12:58 PM

37,135 posts, read 42,203,740 times
Religious people are part of goverment, there is a difference.

Old 08-09-2009, 12:58 PM

19,890 posts, read 18,749,261 times
Why does anyone care about what anyone else believes? Who cares? Why even comment? I find the beliefs of many religions truly bizarre but it doesn't impact me so I don't care. As soon as anyone advocates passing laws I find objectionable then I will start attacking their ideas, not their beliefs. Tolerance people, tolerance.

Old 08-09-2009, 12:59 PM

24,868 posts, read 24,382,997 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by shorebaby View Post
Why does anyone care about what anyone else believes? Who cares? Why even comment? I find the beliefs of many religions truly bizarre but it doesn't impact me so I don't care. As soon as anyone advocates passing laws I find objectionable then I will start attacking their ideas, not their beliefs. Tolerance people, tolerance.
I don't think anyone cares if he believes in a religious zombie, I think what people don't want is him marrying 12 year old girls.

Old 08-09-2009, 01:01 PM

37,135 posts, read 42,203,740 times
Quote:
Tolorance only goes so far. When it's goes beyond what someone can rationalize then it seems insane. Nobody can be tolorant of something insane. That would be crazy.

Old 08-09-2009, 01:02 PM

Quote:
"The criminal complaint included accounts from three of the girls, two of whom were 17 when the complaint was filed last year and one who was 14. All three said Alamo sexually abused them.
Asked why authorities were searching the property, Alamo compared himself to Christ.

'Why were they after Jesus,' he asked. 'It's the same reason. Jesus is living within me.'"

Evangelist guilty of taking minors across state lines for sex - CNN.com

Old 08-09-2009, 01:05 PM

38,496 posts, read 25,808,661 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1forChrist View Post
Pastor Alamo is preaching the bible. God's word. Now I know that that is just too far fetched for most people because they have been brainwashed since birth to believe the laws of wicked men. Shoved down our throats. Truth is God set this world up to AVOID SIN. We will be judged by HIS word and not the laws of the state or any other laws that evil man has instilled upon us. Their laws are causing the majority of our youth to go to hell for fornication, murdering babies, lesbianism and homosexuality. Which man says is ok. But don't marry! God requires humans to be married and no where did he say to wait till you are of any age. It's not there..He says it's better to marry than to burn and to let the young women marry. Pastor Alamo is not promoting this due to the fact that most people are not raising their children into the roles that God has put forth for young women and men. Now they are being treated and considered children well past the age of maturity. As for me and my house we will serve the Lord and obey and keep his laws written in his word. I hope that ALL will repent and read what God has to say about what is righteous and what isn't. The most important decision you will ever make is where you will spend eternity..Heaven or hell. More truth is that most will be in hell because they decided to follow their own wicked hearts and vain imaginations instead of reading the one thing that will ensure they make it into heaven. The bible!

So now we must allow our children to marry at puberty or go to hell.

BTW, onset of puberty is coming at a younger and younger age, even as young as 8!

Quote:
While previous studies have found that girls typically began showing signs of puberty at 10 to 11, a new report by the Lawson Wilkins Pediatric Endocrine Society (LWPES), a nationwide network of physicians headquartered in Stanford, California, suggests that it is normal for white girls as young as 7 and black girls as young as 6 to start developing breasts. This conclusion was based on a study of 17,000 girls between the ages of 3 and 12 conducted by the Pediatric Research in Office Settings (PROS) network of 1,500 pediatricians nationwide and published in the April 1997 issue of "Pediatrics."
CNN.com - More girls experience early puberty - March 31, 2000

Old 08-09-2009, 01:06 PM

19,890 posts, read 18,749,261 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Memphis1979 View Post
I don't think anyone cares if he believes in a religious zombie, I think what people don't want is him marrying 12 year old girls.

If anyone acts on it they will be arrested. He can believe whatever he wants.

Old 08-09-2009, 01:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jojajn View Post

So now we must allow our children to marry at puberty or go to hell.

BTW, onset of puberty is coming at a younger and younger age, even as young as 8!

CNN.com - More girls experience early puberty - March 31, 2000
Some scientists believe that's from chemicals in the water and air
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies