Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-24-2008, 01:06 AM

2,661 posts, read 2,902,760 times

Advertisements

I (whitey) have a bit of racism against blacks, and a bit against mexicans (though I adore mexican girls). And slight racism against Pakistani's, Vietnamese, Indians and Chinese as well.

So I feel I'm an equal opportunity descriminist (not a word, probably). However, I also have friends in each of those groups. Slight racism only, and hopefully nothing outward (noticeable), but I'm aware of it.

I'm cool with Jews, Germans, Irish, Scottish and the american mutts.

But I also have some serious hatred for stupid people of all races.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-24-2008, 01:49 AM

22 posts, read 61,095 times
Yeah I'm a white skinned Mexican American and all my life the only racial remarks towards me where from other Mexicans.

Old 09-24-2008, 04:38 AM

3,210 posts, read 4,611,926 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 18Montclair View Post
Oh get real.

Obviously whites are not the only racists, but whites are the ruling class. The entire system, economic, cultural, political and otherwise, has been set up for your advancement.

Please dont compare isolated incidents to centuries of hate. Hate that we are still not over with yet.
As long as you believe that, it shall be so. The chains of slavery that dangle in the mind constrict far more than the ones on the wrist. If it's all set up for their advancement, why so many Black/Asian/Latino professionals? Why poor white people?

Old 09-24-2008, 04:55 AM

1,989 posts, read 4,464,533 times
There are racists in every group.

That said, every four years latinos and blacks vote for white presidential candidates in large numbers. This year, Obama may lose because some whites can't bring themselves to vote for a black man.

[Disclaimer: If he loses, there will be other reasons too, but this one will put it over the top.]

Old 09-24-2008, 05:41 AM

344 posts, read 444,816 times
As a white American who tries to put my best foot forward on a daily basis I have had nothing but 99.99 % positive experiences from black, hispanic, and asian Americans. Works for me.

Old 09-24-2008, 07:32 AM

271 posts, read 933,970 times
Black people think white people are "holding the man down". But the truth is the "rich man" of all colors is stomping on the necks of taxpayers of ALL colors right now, at the tune of trillions of dollars.

Why can't blacks see that a couple thousand of rich, elite, and country controlling political and lobbist white folk don't have anything to do with the 210 million other white people in America...those white belong to another "class" in which the other whites DO NOT! We are all getting taken advantage of...and the government elitists can only hope to keep us distracted by continual bickering between the races.

Quit blaming the crackers, and start blaming the caviar instead...

Siberia

Old 09-24-2008, 07:34 AM

952 posts, read 3,705,398 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by southernnaturelover View Post
The whites who assume whites are the most racist usually live in all white areas and don't know any better, they just believe what they hear on TV.
I don't agree. I think people who are most racist living in places with most diversity. States that has 95% white usually love diversity but white people who lives in areas like Detroit where whites are a minority can't wait to leave.

Old 09-24-2008, 01:17 PM

500 posts, read 702,829 times
In my humble opinion, all of are racists in one way or another. However, in my short stay in the US, I noticed most non whites tend to blame/call whiteys racists, but in reality, they are as racist as well. A good example, BET decided to air the DNC ONLY. If the CMT decided to air the RNC only, then people would have called for bloody murder.

Old 10-08-2008, 04:08 AM

37 posts, read 106,695 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by redwine View Post
I don't agree. I think people who are most racist living in places with most diversity. States that has 95% white usually love diversity but white people who lives in areas like Detroit where whites are a minority can't wait to leave.
Sounds a lot like Vancouver. There is diversity but very few interracial mingling (friendships, relationships). It's not just white people but it seems like no one speak to someone a different colour. I think Vancouver is more racist than my lily white town on the Isand.

Old 10-08-2008, 04:12 AM

263 posts, read 1,132,316 times
been like that for 400 years
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies