Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-24-2008, 11:03 AM

3,326 posts, read 5,339,892 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by happ View Post
You mean Americans need to stand "tall" and not "cry" Bush will be gone in 3 more months but the disasters facing our nation will not go away so quickly

No I did not say Americans need to stand up tall and not cry.

I said the Pres as it will do no good and only one's who want that are his critics . It will not serve the country for him to do this thus he should not.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-24-2008, 11:07 AM

3,326 posts, read 5,339,892 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jtur88 View Post
It would do no harm, though, if the president stood before the press and answered some questions, to reassure us that he had some vague notion about what in hell is going on. Which he doesn't, and that's exactly why is not visible.

As for "being protected in time of attack", I never got the sense that Churchill spend the entire blitrz in a bunker. He was out in the open, at the BBC studios, telling the people that he knew what was happening and he had it under control. Every day of WWII, Harry Truman took his usual walk down Pennsylvania Avenue, alone, with no secret service.

You do realize that a country all of a sudden out of nowhere in a terrorist attack with planes being used as missles and no one knows what is going on and if any other forms of attack is a tad different than WW2 ?

Than again you might not .

Old 09-24-2008, 11:36 AM

4,105 posts, read 8,288,273 times
9/11/01:

Katrina aftermath:

Economic castastrophe:

Old 09-24-2008, 01:00 PM

1,989 posts, read 4,465,334 times
FINALLY....

WASHINGTON — With his administration's financial-sector rescue plan facing resistance on Capitol Hill, President George W. Bush scheduled a prime-time TV speech Wednesday evening in hopes of persuading the public that the massive proposal is necessary to combat a growing crisis.
"The president believes it is important for the American people to fully understand the depths of the crisis affecting our country, how that affects them," White House press secretary Dana Perino said.
The address is set for 9:01 p.m. ET.

I'll be watching. I really hope he emphasizes the need for calm while Congress/Fed hash things out. If he does pull a "sky is falling" doom and gloom speech and push for rapid approval, it'll actually make me more skeptical of the bailout.

But either way, something is better than NOTHING.

Old 09-24-2008, 01:01 PM

42,554 posts, read 86,954,125 times
test test test test
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies