Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Should we continue the Alcohol Ban on San Diego Beaches ?
YES 47 40.17%
NO 70 59.83%
Voters: 117. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-02-2008, 08:19 PM

58 posts, read 105,459 times

Advertisements

Just saw this on eBay!

The rich land owners and developers paying for the yes on d.

Recipient Committee Campaign Contribution Statement California Form 460 shows Wealthy Land Owners, Developers, Real-estate Companies and even Former United States Governor's!

San Diego Coastal Shoreline Beaches and Bays *FOR SALE* - eBay (item 170274221221 end time Nov-04-08 10:19:52 PST) (http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&rd=1&item=170274221221&ssPa geName=STRK:MEWA:IT&ih=007 - broken link)

This is Public Record Information. Form 460 is a Legal Document and shows who is contributing to the yes on d side. This is a shame! The wealthy continue to run our City Council and push new restrictive laws on honest taypaying citizens of San Diego.

Vote No on "D" GET THE FACTS!www.NoOnPropD.org (Link)
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-02-2008, 08:29 PM

18,972 posts, read 32,512,969 times
Jerry,

Will you please stop posting that stuff over and over, once or twice is more than enough. You are not helping this cause at all, if anything your actions are going to turn people off. Please stop posting the same thing over and over, you are making the "No on D" campaign look worse. You are not helping here at all.

I am very much against Prop D, but you are not helping here at all. Calm down already and stop posting this stuff over and over, you are not reaching any additional people by doing this and might be turning people off to the point they will vote yes on D.

Old 11-02-2008, 08:30 PM

18,972 posts, read 32,512,969 times
Also I just want to say that the 3 "No on Prop D" signs that were on my block, all were stolen.

Old 11-02-2008, 08:32 PM

5,319 posts, read 8,965,369 times
The PB Riot 2007 videos in my previous post speak for themselves!

As I stated .... You can JUDGE THEM for yourself !

---------------------------------------------------------
Vote YES on Prop D for Cleaner and Safer Beaches
---------------------------------------------------------

Old 11-02-2008, 08:38 PM

Default Sav858

You know Joe Wilding is the Sign THIEF. The No on "D" camp has filed police reports and is pressing charges too. It is disgraceful... He is on the PB Town Council and SavePB pushing this new restrictive law.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q7_CqRc5jv4

Old 11-02-2008, 09:29 PM

267 posts, read 1,286,891 times
Default Tonights news is being brought to you by god only knows - the same person who submited their video to YouTube

Quote:
Originally Posted by RD5050 View Post
Below are several more videos I found on YouTube of the PB Riot on Labor Day 2007. You can judge them for yourself. "Riot", "Brawl", "Melee" ... "High School Prom" ... call it whatever you'd like!
A video submitted to YouTube does not constitute a contribution from a legitimate, professional news gathering agency. Those are amateur submissions and any title an amateur decides to label their video is wide open for criticism.

I looked at each and every YouTube video you posted a link to and I did not see any violence. Violence.

THERE WAS NO V-I-O-L-E-N-C-E.

Since there was no violence during the 2007 Labor Day brawl, the word "riot" being used on the public by a YES on proposition D advocate by someone like RD5050 is more hysterical than it is brilliant. I think it's worth noting the use of exclamation marks that litter each of RD5050's post. The exclamation points convey a sense of hysteria, or someone who's trying very very hard to justify an inaccurate, bogus statement. RD5050 uses other bells and whistles designed to grab the readers attention, things like bold font. Except for displaying the dictionaries definition of the word "riot" in italics, I feel all I have to do is point out the basic facts. And keep posting links to articles authored by credible, professional news organizations that clearly never use the word "riot" to describe the 2007 Labor Day incident. And that I'm prepared to do because I'm a proud PB resident. I like where I live, and that's an understatement. And because of the great respect I have for PB, and the boardwalk, I don't like to see the facts and details of my neighborhoods history in any way distorted.

Dictionary: riot (rī'ət)
A violent disturbance of the public peace by three or more persons assembled for a common purpose. A disturbance of the peace by several persons, assembled and acting with a common intent in executing a lawful or unlawful enterprise in a violent manner.

Last edited by hotornot; 11-02-2008 at 09:52 PM..

Old 11-02-2008, 10:14 PM

Prop D Affected Areas - No On Prop

YouTube - Prop D Affected Areas - No On Prop D - San Diego

Who's Funding The Alcohol Ban? - No

YouTube - Who's Funding The Alcohol Ban? - No On Prop D - San Diego

Old 11-02-2008, 10:16 PM

5,319 posts, read 8,965,369 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hotornot View Post
A video submitted to YouTube does not constitute a contribution from a legitimate, professional news gathering agency. Those are amateur submissions and any title an amateur decides to label their video is wide open for criticism.

I looked at each and every YouTube video you posted a link to and I did not see any violence. Violence.

THERE WAS NO V-I-O-L-E-N-C-E.

Since there was no violence during the 2007 Labor Day brawl, the word "riot" being used on the public by a YES on proposition D advocate by someone like RD5050 is more hysterical than it is brilliant. Notice the use of exclamation marks that litter each of RD5050's post. The exclamtion points convey a sense of hysteria, or someone who's trying very very hard to justify an inaccurate, bogus statement. RD5050 uses other bells and whistles designed to grab the readers attention, things like bold font. Except for displaying the dictionaries definition of the word "riot" in italics, I feel all I have to do is point out the basic facts. And keep posting links to articles authored by credible, professional news organizations that clearly never use the word "riot" to describe the 2007 Labor Day incident.
Hotornot .... you are hopeless !!!

At what point are you going to give up this STUPID debate on the use of the word "riot"?

I have already stated OVER and OVER that I don't care WHAT the PB Labor Day 2007 "thing" is called !!!

And for some strange reason ... you won't let it go ???

THE VIDEOS IN MY EARLIER POST SPEAK FOR THEMSELVES !!!

Not their TITLES .... but their CONTENT !!!

Their titles were created by the people who posted the videos on YouTube. I have nothing to do with the names given to the videos!

And these videos were made by people who WITNESSED the PB Labor Day 2007 event as it happened !!!

Sorry that NO major network news crews were on the scene at the exact moment the "RIOT" took place ... but sometimes you have to settle for amateur video !!!

Hotornot ... unless you have something other than the word "riot" to discuss ... please don't expect any more replies from me !!!

And as far as the "N-O V-I-O-L-E-N-C-E" ... pay attention to what the girl filming the video is saying. How many times do you hear her say things like "Oh My God !!!" and "They're Fighting !!! " ??? How many objects do you see being thrown ??? How many times does she utter various expletives in reaction to what she is witnessing?

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
VOTE YES ON PROP D FOR CLEAN AND SAFE BEACHES
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Last edited by RD5050; 11-02-2008 at 10:32 PM..

Old 11-02-2008, 10:19 PM

The rich land owners and developers paying for the yes on d.

Recipient Committee Campaign Contribution Statement California Form 460 shows Wealthy Land Owners, Developers, Real-estate Companies and even Former United States Governor's!

San Diego Coastal Shoreline Beaches and Bays *FOR SALE* - eBay (item 170274221221 end time Nov-04-08 10:19:52 PST) (http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&rd=1&item=170274221221&ssPa geName=STRK:MEWA:IT&ih=007 - broken link)

This is Public Record Information. Form 460 is a Legal Document and shows who is contributing to the yes on d side. This is a shame! The wealthy continue to run our City Council and push new restrictive laws on honest taypaying citizens of San Diego.

Vote No on "D" GET THE FACTS!www.NoOnPropD.org (Link)

Old 11-02-2008, 10:36 PM

7 posts, read 9,715 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RD5050 View Post
The PB Riot 2007 videos in my previous post speak for themselves!

As I stated .... You can JUDGE THEM for yourself !
Mr. R2D2 (or RD5050):

I'm wondering - if we have no lifeguards working during the winter because the beaches are so empty, why do we need an alcohol ban during the winter?

Why do we need a ban at De Anza Cove? Scripps Park in La Jolla? Mariner's Point? Crown Point Shores? or any of the beach except PB Drive?

At least you gave up pretending you were unbiased like when you started this blog.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies