Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-27-2008, 08:38 PM

254 posts, read 329,087 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by big mean bear View Post
He will take "change" out of our pockets and waste it on entitlement programs for poor blacks in the hood and a whole "new wave" of illegal immigrants that will make 2000-2008 look like child's play...
Oh , you can see into the future. WOWW, what about poor whites in trailer parks? what will happen to them?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-27-2008, 08:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by big mean bear View Post
He will take "change" out of our pockets and waste it on entitlement programs for poor blacks in the hood and a whole "new wave" of illegal immigrants that will make 2000-2008 look like child's play...
By the way bush took change out of our pockets and wasted it on the war in Iraq, how do you feel about that? is that okay with you?

Old 09-27-2008, 09:08 PM

59 posts, read 89,836 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by r-rated View Post
did you have a problem with too much spending when bush was doing it. He over spent for the last 8 years and you voted for him, so shut the **** up!
What an ignorant post. I am Bush's biggest critic when it comes to spending. If you had actually read my post you would realize that. Bush failed to use his veto pen and we are running huge deficits because of it.

You still didn't address my point. Bush spent way too much and Obama thinks he spent too little. He wants to add hundreds of billions more! It is out of control.

Old 09-27-2008, 09:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by KevinM782 View Post
What an ignorant post. I am Bush's biggest critic when it comes to spending. If you had actually read my post you would realize that. Bush failed to use his veto pen and we are running huge deficits because of it.

You still didn't address my point. Bush spent way too much and Obama thinks he spent too little. He wants to add hundreds of billions more! It is out of control.
answer this question, did you vote for Bush in "04" and "00"? Let me remind you that it is entirely okay for a government to spend money on its citizens, what exactly is wrong with spending. The problem is when it is wasted in useless wars. The money is collected from us, as long as it is put to constructive uses...

Last edited by r-rated; 09-27-2008 at 09:21 PM..

Old 09-27-2008, 09:35 PM

3,645 posts, read 4,925,746 times
Quote:
By the way bush took change out of our pockets and wasted it on the war in Iraq, how do you feel about that? is that okay with you?
No, it isn't but then I never voted for the fool.

Old 09-27-2008, 09:36 PM

29,939 posts, read 39,458,172 times

Here is Mr. Change

Old 09-27-2008, 09:44 PM

59 posts, read 89,836 times
Quote:
answer this question, did you vote for Bush in "04" and "00"? Let me remind you that it is entirely okay for a government to spend money on its citizens, what exactly is wrong with spending. The problem is when it is wasted in useless wars. The money is collected from us, as long as it is put to constructive uses...
No, I didn't vote for Bush in 2000 and '04. In any case, I don't see why that matters. You are upset with Bush spending huge sums of money but then have no problem with Obama spending even more. Defense spending (not just Iraq) increased by $270 billion from 2000 to 2007. Where did the other increase of $730 billion go? Much more has been wasted on things other than the Iraq war.

I am not advocating for zero government spending. Obviously some spending and taxes are necessary. The problem is the government is spending several times that amount. I don't trust the government to take my tax money and put it to good use. You on the other hand are naive and obviously do.

Old 09-27-2008, 09:47 PM

3,127 posts, read 7,628,534 times
Quote:
another idiot thread, you guys cannot be as stupid as you sound. Read your post outloud and hear how stupid you sound. GEEEEEEZZZ!
For the record, I am a Democrat, but I am not sold on Obama, thats why I started this thread, because I want to see if others are seeing or not seeing what I am. I just don't trust Obama with his granduers of Change!!!! Usually if something sounds to good to be true, it usually is!

Old 09-27-2008, 09:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by KevinM782 View Post
No, I didn't vote for Bush in 2000 and '04. In any case, I don't see why that matters. You are upset with Bush spending huge sums of money but then have no problem with Obama spending even more. Defense spending (not just Iraq) increased by $270 billion from 2000 to 2007. Where did the other increase of $730 billion go? Much more has been wasted on things other than the Iraq war.

I am not advocating for zero government spending. Obviously some spending and taxes are necessary. The problem is the government is spending several times that amount. I don't trust the government to take my tax money and put it to good use. You on the other hand are naive and obviously do.
if you don't trust government, then what are going to do? You have to pay for services and security. Spending can be done responsibly, it can be done. The democrats have done it, president Clinton did it and Obama will too. Under the democrats we had a surplus. remember?

Old 09-27-2008, 09:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JVTX72 View Post
For the record, I am a Democrat, but I am not sold on Obama, thats why I started this thread, because I want to see if others are seeing or not seeing what I am. I just don't trust Obama with his granduers of Change!!!! Usually if something sounds to good to be true, it usually is!
you have to go with what you are attracted to, if it sounds good you have to go with it. Remember there is no guarantees, this is politics. You only have two real choices,if you don't trust Obama then do you trust McCain?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies