Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-27-2008, 01:22 PM

3,127 posts, read 7,629,250 times

Advertisements

I keep hearing all the hoopla about "Change" in the Obama campaign, and yes I agree with him this country indeed needs CHANGE, but just what does he plan on doing to make that CHANGE work. It takes a 2/3 majority in Congress to get anything done, and if Congress is 50% Republican, 50% Democrat, and half of the Democrats really and truly DON'T support him, his chances of getting anything done seems slim at best, and he'll be just a lame duck President. Therefore no Change and more of the Same. So far his policies and plans havent really been all that exciting to me. What are your thoughts? Maybe I am watching and reading the wrong news to get my information. Help me out here folks!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-27-2008, 01:39 PM

19,198 posts, read 31,473,857 times
First of all, neither the House nor the Senate will be anything close to 50-50. The Democrats will hold significant majorities in each, even if the Republicans for some unfathomable reason enjoy a very good night.

Second of all, look for an improved situation in US exports as foreign buyers who currently turn to any reasonable alternative rather than feel like they're supporting George W. Bush will be returning to a Buy American profile in droves.

Third of all, think what it will feel like to realize that your country isn't headed by a complete idiot any more. No more of this stuff...

Old 09-27-2008, 01:41 PM

61,288 posts, read 87,413,299 times
not much ----just take away GOP/DOD mastercard, like china did to us.
its all about actually paying for things from hereon. ronnie economics does not work. debt is not "meaningless".

Old 09-27-2008, 03:09 PM

7,474 posts, read 22,880,812 times
Going by big "0's" history, the only thing he is going to change is his mind. A little boy lost in a big world...

Old 09-27-2008, 03:18 PM

30 posts, read 83,316 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Donn2390 View Post
Going by big "0's" history, the only thing he is going to change is his mind. A little boy lost in a big world...

agreed!

Old 09-27-2008, 03:55 PM

19,198 posts, read 31,473,857 times
Thank God McCain didn't change hs mind about showing up for the debate. He was a real big help while abandoning the campiagn trail to go get involved in the bailout situation, too. I guess he's a uniter, not a divider...

Old 09-27-2008, 04:19 PM

3,320 posts, read 4,129,967 times
I found it interesting that Obama is actually willing to do something about Pakistan, while McCain said "Lets work with the people of Pakistan and get their cooperation in the removal of al queda" Like thats ever going to happen. Bin Laden is the enemy, he lives in Pakistan, Obama seems willing to go in there and get him. I like that.

McCain's strong point was about controlling spending and making cuts, like sugar subsidies, ect. Cant see how theres going to be money to spend on anything new.

Old 09-27-2008, 04:22 PM

4,604 posts, read 8,231,205 times
Unemployment will drop dramatically as the labor force moves to 'Community Service'. So those who don't want to do that 'Community Service' will eliminate those 'jobs nobody wants' real fast. 'Couse, the 'Community Service' is gonna pay better will my lower taxes. Yeah, Right

High school, college, mid-life, seniors... not to worry. 'bama's got a service sector for you.

Old 09-27-2008, 06:21 PM

7,474 posts, read 22,880,812 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mofford View Post
I found it interesting that Obama is actually willing to do something about Pakistan, while McCain said "Lets work with the people of Pakistan and get their cooperation in the removal of al queda" Like thats ever going to happen. Bin Laden is the enemy, he lives in Pakistan, Obama seems willing to go in there and get him. I like that.

McCain's strong point was about controlling spending and making cuts, like sugar subsidies, ect. Cant see how theres going to be money to spend on anything new.
Your statement shows you complete lack of understanding of situation. McCain explained it, you must have taken a potty break.
Pakistan is on our side, you don't bomb your friends to get at a nothing, you work with them to reach your goal. Bombing them would completely upset the apple cart.
Remember, you are totally against war or bombing anyone. why do you want to start now???

Old 09-27-2008, 06:40 PM

31,683 posts, read 41,037,032 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Donn2390 View Post
Your statement shows you complete lack of understanding of situation. McCain explained it, you must have taken a potty break.
Pakistan is on our side, you don't bomb your friends to get at a nothing, you work with them to reach your goal. Bombing them would completely upset the apple cart.
Remember, you are totally against war or bombing anyone. why do you want to start now???
Ummmmmmmmmm you aren't bombing the areas they have control over you are bombing the areas they don't. If is as he said targeted and focused based on specific information that high level terrorist are there. Perhaps the thinking you reflect is why Osama has managed to elude captivity for so long. The big question is will Osama outlive the Bush presidency? Now that would be a big ouch for Georgie!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies