Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-27-2008, 06:07 AM

3,326 posts, read 5,338,840 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by masonsdaughter View Post
Alone, I agree with you. Problem is, in order for this to work, all the leaders also have to agree with in and abide by it. It took a war to gain freedom of speech and it took another war to ensure that we do not all speek German. Not that I minded speaking German, but I have an atrocious accent. Since you seem to think highly of your IQ, I'm sure you could figure out how to get no violence treaties signed by the world leaders. Go for it.
I liked my M16. If they could just have figured out how to stop them from jamming so much. I hated that.

Thats the problem a few grains of sand can jam the bolt . Than the darn thing has to be cleaned,oiled.

Other weapons do not jam as much . The AK doesnt and hits a lot harder but range isnt as far.

I was a horrible shot lol so far range for me wasnt an issue .
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-27-2008, 07:51 AM

10,261 posts, read 21,743,416 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sailordave View Post
If America disbanded it's entire military and weapons then we open the door to invasion from other nations. Before you ask for us to disarm, why don't you take a trip to Iran, North Korea, Syria, and Russia and ask them to disarm.

Iran, Korea, Syria and Russia are unlikely to invade us, there's those oceans between us and them you see. The economic and industrial endeavors needed for them to invade us are beyond their capabilities.

Canada and Mexico are geographically placed to invade us but far too weak to do so.

There may be legit reasons for The United States to be well armed but fear of invasion isn't one of them.

Old 11-27-2008, 05:50 PM

1,236 posts, read 3,115,669 times
There was an ocean between America and Japan too. Have you forgotten Pearl Harbor? And the weapons were nowhere as good then. 9/11 wasn't a friendly knock on the door, either.

Old 11-27-2008, 10:47 PM

9,846 posts, read 22,668,568 times
They already have it to some degree. 50,000 M-14 rifles were restocked with new pistol grip stocks and rebuilt and sent to Iraq and Afghanistan.

Old 11-27-2008, 10:55 PM

61,288 posts, read 87,384,526 times
they are kicking our butts with post WWII soviet surplus stuff.
for all our arrogance and high tech, weapons are not a substitute for determination and defense of your homeland. guts come first. we ask a lot of our guys, but we are the invaders. we need to leave.

Old 11-27-2008, 11:19 PM

4,127 posts, read 5,065,593 times
I think it's kind of funny that someone would use the phrase "high tech" in a thread about the M-16. It was first issued in 1964. The M-16 is derived from the AR-10. Pretty old stuff there.

Old 11-27-2008, 11:50 PM

16,880 posts, read 15,191,594 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Huckleberry3911948 View Post
they are kicking our butts with post WWII soviet surplus stuff.
for all our arrogance and high tech, weapons are not a substitute for determination and defense of your homeland. guts come first. we ask a lot of our guys, but we are the invaders. we need to leave.

kicking our butts??

I think you have not been reading up on the war have you. everything I pick up off of start and stripes and other non liberal news sites have the US forces doing quite good against the terrorists.

Old 11-27-2008, 11:56 PM

48,502 posts, read 96,816,250 times
In the end it is quite possible for people to invade parts of the US;take Alaska for instance.I am also sure that most peole never invisioned terrorist invading this country and pulling off a 9-11 attack in the not so distant past.Certainly the gulfwar showed the difference in high tech and really high tech especailly in the air war and tank war.I will always suppoprt our troops have the best that we can devise.Defense is the numjber one duty of the governamnt of the USA.

Old 11-28-2008, 12:04 AM

31,387 posts, read 37,032,019 times
Just buy the damned H&K G36 and call it a day. License a US manufacturer, and chamber it for 6.8mm.

As for an invasion of the US, puleeze. If the US is ever invaded and that invasion isn't defeated by the US military all the Red Dawn fantasies isn't going to matter. In such a scenario, smart "patriots" aren't going to be heading to the woods in their tiger stripe camos, the smart ones will being dressed like they just came out of the Gap and will just harass the crap out of the occupying force with whatever comes in handy.

Old 11-28-2008, 12:10 AM

488 posts, read 1,176,333 times
NVplumber, I agree with you. I wouldn't want to get hit with a .223 but a .308 would really ruin a guy's day. From what I understand, that 6.8mm is a pretty awesome round also.

As far as, "investing in peace", that is a fine idea. I think Neville Chamberlain subscribed to that theory with Hitler.

As far as the, "no other country could invade the USA because of the ocean bounderies" theory, if certain U.S.politicians acheive their goal of disarming the American public, the idea of invasion may not be so far fetched, especially with the probable upcomoming decrease in this country's military capabilities.

Oh, I forgot. Can't we just all get along?

Oops, I guess I got off on a tangent.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies