Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-28-2008, 12:36 AM

3,309 posts, read 5,701,472 times

Advertisements

I must ask this question. I know we are more politically correct today than we were during that time, but, honestly I still see a lot of tensions between African Americans and Whites to this day. It doesn't seem like we have progressed as far as we think we have, we have just masked our feelings moreso than we did then.

African Americans seem to hate white people...I am astounded at the overwhelming sense of hate I see from the community towards whites. Go on to Youtube, and find any African American speaking on this election, there are at least 50+ videos there. They all show harbored hatred towards white people. I have no question in my mind that many black people voted for Obama simply because he was black in the primaries. And I have seen a chilling amount of support for Reverend Wright in many dialogues with black people, especially on the news, in these forums, and just in my daily life. I mean, all it takes is for you to watch one of Wright's "church rallies" and you look into the crowd at a ton of black people cheering Rev. Wright on.

And then there are white people. I know many white people who simply wont vote for a black candidate, or do harbor those feelings that "black people are just lazy." I dont think that AP Yahoo survey was wrong when it found 40% of white people and 34% of white Democrats would never vote for a black man/woman...I see it everyday. There are a lot of white people who have "progressed" beyond this dislike of black people, but there are so many who just are stuck, mainly out of fear would be my guess.

Personally, I think the problem itself is perpetuated by black people. One of my best friends, and one of the only black Republicans I know, said "you know, this whole race thing would just go away if black people would stop showing such strong emotion against white people." I thought about it, and it seemed true. When people like Reverend Wright, Reverend Jessie Jackson, and Reverend Al Sharpton are on TV...they are always bashing white people. Every other word is about how white people hate black people and about how anyone who doesn't vote for Obama must be a racist. You look to Hollywood, and celebrities like Chris Brown and PDiddy are always bashing white people. With this much public bashing against white people, it sounds more like they want to enrage the white people than it does that they want to solve the tensions. I mean, I personally dont know any prominent white person that has bashed a black person publically and not been removed from their job because that is just a "no no" but I hear racist comments against whites almost nightly on TV.

And I am neutral on this issue since I am neither white, nor black, I am Native American. But, I just do not think we have progressed as far as we think we have in this country since the 1960's, and I think that the hatred between whites and blacks is still there. I am seriously afraid to see what will happen if John McCain wins this election...I will hear the word "racism" more than I have probably ever heard in my entire life. We have put a big "band-aid" on the topic by being more politically correct, but this problem is far from being closed in our country.

What are your thoughts?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-28-2008, 12:38 AM

11,449 posts, read 14,464,213 times
That post should be titled "Embracing your inner bigot."

(golf clap)

Old 09-28-2008, 12:43 AM

552 posts, read 1,073,300 times
Not in Orange County, they haven't.

Old 09-28-2008, 12:45 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dieter View Post
Not in Orange County, they haven't.
Not just talking about OC, but also Pennsylvania and Atlanta, places I visit frequently.

Whether you want to admit it or not, I am not speaking some outrageous lie...there is a lot of hatred on both sides.

Old 09-28-2008, 12:47 AM

61,288 posts, read 87,405,055 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SLCPUNK View Post

(golf clap)
hatred is a strange thing. no matter how high the dial is set its the other guy that looks like a clown. why is he backing away from me, he must be crazy, dumb clown. but what do i know, i am only a clown. i have a dream.

Old 09-28-2008, 12:50 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SLCPUNK View Post

(golf clap)
Nope, just pointing out an observation. Adimit it if you want, I dont care either way. But turning a blind eye to it is not going to change the fact that this is still an issue in this country. Calling me a bigot will not change the fact that there still is racial tensions in this country. BOTH sides are to blame...and calling me a bigot for speaking the truth is being ignorant to what is really going on in this country.

Old 09-28-2008, 12:55 AM

1,372 posts, read 3,764,438 times
Look at this crime index list (top 101 most crime ridden cities)

http://www.city-data.com/top2/c405.html

These cities are the way they are because of the night time activities of Barak Obama's most passionate voting block - African Americans. They (AA's) were handed every advantage - free housing, Affirmative Action, and unlimited access to the music industry and athletics and they have nothing to show for it. No leaders (until now), no progress, and about a dozen or so burned out, rust belt cities they are driving into the ground.

Old 09-28-2008, 12:56 AM

11,449 posts, read 14,464,213 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ocexpo View Post
and calling me a bigot for speaking the truth is being ignorant to what is really going on in this country.
That sentence completely contradicts itself.....

Old 09-28-2008, 12:57 AM

30,902 posts, read 32,995,285 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by big mean bear View Post

These cities are the way they are because of the night time activities of Barak Obama's most passionate voting block - African Americans. They (AA's) were handed every advantage - free housing, Affirmative Action, and unlimited access to the music industry and athletics and they have nothing to show for it. No leaders (until now), no progress, and about a dozen or so burned out, rust belt cities they are driving into the ground.
Oh for the LOVE of CHRIST.

So what time do the lynchings start?

Old 09-28-2008, 12:58 AM

3,172 posts, read 6,752,614 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by big mean bear View Post

Most unintentionally funny post I've read in a while.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies