U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-29-2008, 08:44 AM

3,454 posts, read 6,574,228 times

Advertisements

Okay, I see your point. But, that IS what they call their religion. The Religion of Peace.

If it were truly a religion of peace, we'd be able to publish books we want to publish without fearing violence.

But alas, therein lies the irony of the title of this thread.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-29-2008, 08:58 AM

58,052 posts, read 40,801,152 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mhouse2001 View Post
Three people don't speak for a whole religion. And do we need yet another thread touting the violence and apparent insanity of the Muslim faith? Can we have a Christian or non-Muslim equivalent? For example, I remember the reaction to the movie The Last Temptation of Christ. All I have to do is pick the right church to go to on Sunday to see the same kind of fanaticism about to boil over. The only thing this kind of discussion accomplishes is that it encourages its readers to resort to the same kind of behavior, slowly but surely.

What we need is for those who believe all Muslims to be violent to explain just WHY we are spending so much blood and $$$ to bring democracy and a better way of life to a country populated with those they view as hopelessly violent?

Old 09-29-2008, 10:17 AM

42,663 posts, read 74,013,974 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bbkaren View Post
Okay, I see your point. But, that IS what they call their religion. The Religion of Peace.

No they don't. You know perfectly well that if I ever referred to Geroge W. Bush as "The Decider", I would mean it in a purely sarcastic sense, with the purpose of demeaning him, even though he called himself that.

Musllims, since 2001, have been forced to explain that their religion is a religion of peace, as a response to people like you who declared (with no knowledge or understanding of the religion) that Islam is a religion of violence. And, now, it is never used by anybody except for the purposes of sarcasm. And you know perfectly well, that when you used the term, you meant to demean Muslims and to reflect them in a bad light, and you intentionally used the term to show your contempt for what you wrongly imagine is their hypocrisy.

Old 09-29-2008, 11:13 AM

2,731 posts, read 6,060,714 times
[quote=mhouse2001;5458431]Three people don't speak for a whole religion. And do we need yet another thread touting the violence and apparent insanity of the Muslim faith? Can we have a Christian or non-Muslim equivalent? For example, I remember the reaction to the movie The Last Temptation of Christ. All I have to do is pick the right church to go to on Sunday to see the same kind of fanaticism about to boil over.

Reaction to Temptation of Christ?I dont recall the Riots,Firebombings..
Beheadings,Do you? People holding signs thats what i remember.
Thats what Christians do protest,and Boycott!
You know how much mocking of Jesus and Christians goes on in this..
Country and Christians arent making violent threats on people.
You can print a book or make a film stating the Jesus never existed..
And no harm will come to you.
Theres no room for debate or being critical with the "religon of peace"

Old 09-29-2008, 12:49 PM

9,712 posts, read 7,994,553 times
Number of petroleum bombs going through the museums that housed "**** Christ" and that elephant crap on a cross exhibit: 0

Petrol bombs in a publishing house for The Jewel of Medina.: 1

So much peace.

Old 09-29-2008, 01:15 PM

58,052 posts, read 40,801,152 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ottomobeale View Post
Number of petroleum bombs going through the museums that housed "**** Christ" and that elephant crap on a cross exhibit: 0

Petrol bombs in a publishing house for The Jewel of Medina.: 1

So much peace.

Gee, a sample size of two used to classify hunfreds of millions.

By this methodolgy I guess since some 'Christians' have murdered people involved with providing legal abortions , that all Christians are murderers.

Makes perfect sense

Old 09-29-2008, 04:56 PM

14,248 posts, read 15,079,510 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GregW View Post
......As the current regime ruling our country is more interested in keeping us in a continuous state of anxiety so they can continue to rob us for their own profit,.....]

When has Hollywood, of all places, put out anything even remotely supportive or positive of the so-called "current regime", our intelligence agencies or large US corporations?

I admit, the "Jews, Catholics and Protestants" theme is rather catchy and will ignite the passions of certain types of people, but accurate on the whole? No way.

You want incendiary, check out some of the Islamic movies and programs for their children. I mean, "Hamas Mickey Mouse"?

Old 09-30-2008, 05:21 AM

9,712 posts, read 7,994,553 times
>Gee, a sample size of two used to classify hunfreds of millions<

OK Ill add more
Salmon Rushdie
The cartoonist with the Mohammed Cartoon
World Wide Riots when the (islamic press said in error) pope said Islam was violent. - Gotta love that one for irony.
Some Imam talking about Mickey Mouse

Old 09-30-2008, 07:11 AM

3,454 posts, read 6,574,228 times
Police Dog Puppies in the United Kingdom cause Muslim outrage.
Muslims cut off the heads of three teenaged girls on their way to Christian school in Indonesia.
Non-Muslim children forced to pray to Allah in Great Britain.
Muslims slaughter hundreds of children and teachers in Beslan, Russia. Muslims shoot children in the back.
Outrage and death threats over a Teddy Bear affectionately named Mohammed.
Muslim officials block the exit where school girls are trying to escape a burning building because their faces were exposed.

Old 09-30-2008, 07:25 AM

2,731 posts, read 6,060,714 times
Banning of St George flags in certain places in England.
Banning of Piggy Banks in UK
Riots in Paris(Youth Riots )
Destruction of Buddhist Temples
Honor Killings worldwide
Christians slaughtered worldwide.
Christians in Iraq,Other Countries forced to leave.
Death Threats made to those who leave or criticize "Religon of Peace"

Last edited by averagejoe76; 09-30-2008 at 07:35 AM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies