Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-28-2008, 12:37 PM

24,620 posts, read 28,236,422 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by paperhouse View Post
Impossible. Gay people only live in the US. It's our culture that creates us.
Man, you need to get out & about. Check out A'dam & Berlin for starters.

Yes, I know your post was sarcasm.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-28-2008, 02:53 PM

2,779 posts, read 7,511,282 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JTraik View Post
No... percentage of humans that are gay

The sky is blue, do I need a link for that?

The Seattle Times: Local News: 12.9% in Seattle are gay or bisexual, second only to S.F., study says

Here's your link and if you will notice they are the biggest homosexual havens in existence and they are still a rarity.
Hate to break it to you, but the sky isn't blue.

Old 09-28-2008, 03:21 PM

5,408 posts, read 12,644,621 times
gays arent rare. i know plenty of them. im sure lots of people know a gay. that cant be too rare when most people have access to one.

that aside. this thread seems like it either wants to bash the gays or the illegals.

it remeinds me of the folks who get mad when you compare the gay rights movement to the civil rights movement.

the funny thing is that they probably dont know who BAYARD RUSTIN was.
the architect of the march on washington. the man who stood behind MLK mouthing the i have a dream speech. the guy who refused to give up his seat before R.Parks so famously did.
the man who was not permitted to continue his efforts alongside MLK because the CIA threatened to expose a "homosexual relation" between him and MLK. (it was not true, mlk was not a gay, rustin was).

my point is that, tho these different movements have varied interests, they are all tied together by a single fight against social injustice.

the argument is that gays deserve to be here, illegals dont. so because some one is here "illegally" their humanity is denied? they can be killed without recourse? pretty slippery slope.
the denial of humanity is still perpetrated against gays, blacks and suspected "illegals".
none of that is justifiable.

arguing that illegals, unlike gays, dont deserve to be here, only makes it easier to put them in a "less than" category. a "less than human" category, and does make it easier to deny basic rights. (im not talking about rights to work or other stuff. im talking about the right to life).
thats never good.

Old 09-28-2008, 03:37 PM

8,998 posts, read 14,762,991 times
I would say illegal immigrants chose to come here, at least most of them. No one drug them by their hair to come here.
I didn't choose to be a lesbian...contrary to what many people think.
I wouldn't choose to be discriminated against or have people say mean hateful things about me simply because of my sexual orientation.

Old 09-28-2008, 04:23 PM

114 posts, read 207,148 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by the one View Post
gays arent rare. i know plenty of them. im sure lots of people know a gay. that cant be too rare when most people have access to one.

that aside. this thread seems like it either wants to bash the gays or the illegals.

it remeinds me of the folks who get mad when you compare the gay rights movement to the civil rights movement.

the funny thing is that they probably dont know who BAYARD RUSTIN was.
the architect of the march on washington. the man who stood behind MLK mouthing the i have a dream speech. the guy who refused to give up his seat before R.Parks so famously did.
the man who was not permitted to continue his efforts alongside MLK because the CIA threatened to expose a "homosexual relation" between him and MLK. (it was not true, mlk was not a gay, rustin was).

my point is that, tho these different movements have varied interests, they are all tied together by a single fight against social injustice.

the argument is that gays deserve to be here, illegals dont. so because some one is here "illegally" their humanity is denied? they can be killed without recourse? pretty slippery slope.
the denial of humanity is still perpetrated against gays, blacks and suspected "illegals".
none of that is justifiable.

arguing that illegals, unlike gays, dont deserve to be here, only makes it easier to put them in a "less than" category. a "less than human" category, and does make it easier to deny basic rights. (im not talking about rights to work or other stuff. im talking about the right to life).
thats never good.
Who is talking about killing illegal immigrants?

Old 09-28-2008, 04:24 PM

10,503 posts, read 15,538,440 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shelby61 View Post
Who is talking about killing illegal immigrants?
Go on the immigration forum, it's a cesspool if hatred.

Old 09-28-2008, 04:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by karfar View Post
In this thread, I am asking about legal rights.

Old 09-28-2008, 04:38 PM

10,503 posts, read 15,538,440 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shelby61 View Post
In this thread, I am asking about legal rights.
In that case, I've never seen or heard anyone comparing equal rights for homosexuals to equal rights for illegal immigrants.

Old 09-28-2008, 04:45 PM

Quote:
In that case, I've never seen or heard anyone comparing equal rights for homosexuals to equal rights for illegal immigrants.
I have heard at least a couple of Democratic party politicians do that.

Old 09-28-2008, 04:49 PM

8,185 posts, read 12,618,597 times
Quote:
No, it is a forum where people discuss the pros and cons of illegal immigration. True, there are more people who are anti illegal immigration on that forum then there are pro illegal immigration --- but I think that is indicative of the US population.
Does it get heated? Yes. Is it a cesspool of hatred? No.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies