Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 01-14-2009, 09:26 AM

4,604 posts, read 8,212,930 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Monumental1 View Post
Before you start doing this read first!

I’m curious to know- what is the atmosphere in states that usually go republican right now
. Die hard republicans I know have come to grips with the fact that their party is basically a pathetic joke right now. They understand BUSH is not only the dumbest but the worst president in U.S. history and the new guy (or old guy) McCain is one heartbeat from biting the big one which will leave his unbelievable air-head side show joke of a VP to run the United States of America. (Scary thought – I know) “It must really be embarrassing to even insinuate you are a republican at this point I would think”.

I’m not looking to debate anyone (there is way too many ignoramuses’ on CD that will take this thread into left field for that) I’m just more so curious to know - is there anyone really with a sane mind or an above average IQ that would still vote republican after all that has taken place in our country, or are republicans in your neck of the woods starting to get the picture? Maybe you make over $250,000 a year and voting republican makes since for you even if it destroys the rest of your country.

Yes I’m voting for OBAMA and not just for the sake of change. I’ll put it to you like this I’ll take OBAMA the Harvard law review president and graduate with Einstein brains who defeated the heir apparent and fierce competitor in Hillary Clinton who is also very bright rather than 4 more years of an idiot who picks a VP that says her foreign policy expertise stems from the fact "she can see Russia from her back yard".

To add some humor to the conversation check out these hilarious parody videos of Sarah Palin, George Bush and John McCain. I love a good laugh so I thought I’d share.
Let's see...

Blue states going bankrupt, Pensions running out of money.

Red states gaining in population, balanced budgets.

How are things in your Oz?

Old 01-14-2009, 10:58 AM

11,078 posts, read 15,047,419 times
Do you feel embarrassed you live in a republican state? Or is your state tired of looking like fools.
ANYtime I think about folks who live in red states,a quote from Earlie Cuyler comes to mind.....

" Fights begin, finger prints is took, days is lost, bail is made, court dates are ignored, cycle is repeated. "

Old 01-14-2009, 11:07 AM

48,505 posts, read 96,637,714 times
No we feel very good abpout having a stae budget with a surplus and a good economy while so many blue states are failing.The more blue the more they are upside down like foolish home buyers;they bought what they could not pat for and the governamnt lenders have them biting againn on borrowing.

Old 03-01-2009, 04:16 AM

34 posts, read 81,941 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Monumental1 View Post
Before you start doing this read first!

I’m curious to know- what is the atmosphere in states that usually go republican right now. Die hard republicans I know have come to grips with the fact that their party is basically a pathetic joke right now. They understand BUSH is not only the dumbest but the worst president in U.S. history and the new guy (or old guy) McCain is one heartbeat from biting the big one which will leave his unbelievable air-head side show joke of a VP to run the United States of America. (Scary thought – I know) “It must really be embarrassing to even insinuate you are a republican at this point I would think”.

I’m not looking to debate anyone (there is way too many ignoramuses’ on CD that will take this thread into left field for that) I’m just more so curious to know - is there anyone really with a sane mind or an above average IQ that would still vote republican after all that has taken place in our country, or are republicans in your neck of the woods starting to get the picture? Maybe you make over $250,000 a year and voting republican makes since for you even if it destroys the rest of your country.

Yes I’m voting for OBAMA and not just for the sake of change. I’ll put it to you like this I’ll take OBAMA the Harvard law review president and graduate with Einstein brains who defeated the heir apparent and fierce competitor in Hillary Clinton who is also very bright rather than 4 more years of an idiot who picks a VP that says her foreign policy expertise stems from the fact "she can see Russia from her back yard".

To add some humor to the conversation check out these hilarious parody videos of Sarah Palin, George Bush and John McCain. I love a good laugh so I thought I’d share.

Georg Bush Impersonation

YouTube - Saturday Night - Georg Bush Impersonation

SNL Tina Fey as Sarah Palin
Saturday Night Live - Couric / Palin Open - Video - NBC.com

CNN on Sarah Palin

YouTube - CNN Laughs It Up Over Sarah Palin Interview

David Letterman reacts to John McCain suspending campaign

YouTube - David Letterman Reacts to John McCain Suspending Campaign

Letterman night 2

YouTube - Letterman-McCain, night two cutup

The real interview - Katie Couric with Sarah Palin
One-On-One With Sarah Palin, CBS Evening News Anchor Katie Couric Interviews Alaska's Governor On The Ailing Economy - CBS News

OBOMA / BIDEN 08
This clip is very deep!

YouTube - Bad News
LOL, now that you've voted for the Empty Suit and found out all he said was a lie, no change at all, just hired all Clinton retreads. Already SEVEN of his appointees for high level posts have fallen aside due to TAX EVASION and ONE, the Treasury Secretary actually was approved (forced through) by the liberal "anyhting goes majority.

His "stimulus" is a joke and not one serious economist believes it will help. It is loaded with pork and was rammed through in the dark with NO REPUBLICAN HOUSE SUPPORT and just 3 Rep Senate votes. The liberals OWN this bill and they will sink into the abyss with it within 1 year.

Old 03-01-2009, 04:22 AM

34 posts, read 81,941 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerseyt719 View Post
Live in NJ and then you can really be embarrassed. I'm embarrassed that the people of my state can't see through the b.s. and the candidate that has the most money wins.... Truly sad...
Let me tell you just how ignorant the people of NJ really are. My neighbors, all liberals, CONSTANTLY whine and moan about taxes here in NJ. When I ask them why they keep voting again and again for the same people who raise their taxes, they get that really dopey, startled look on their faces and say something like, "well what else CAN we do?" It just never occurs to these fools that voting the liberals OUT and the REP IN just may result in lower taxes. I tried several times to explain that there is nothing to lose by TRYING REP for 4-6 years knowing you can always vote them out if they don't lower taxes as they promised they would.

But these people just aren't bright enough to see the truth and will just keep voting in ther same corrupt (NY leads in political corruption and it is ALL Democrats) people time after time.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies